Jumping Puzzles (I want to help you!)

Hello everyone!

Recently I've been working a TON and have barely had time to log in. One of the things I miss most about regular play time is my time spent in jumping puzzles - whether guiding someone through or just porting people. It's something I really enjoy. What I would like to do is offer my assistance with any jumping puzzle in the game that people need (even Aetherblade goggles - my favorite puzzle!) This is something I'm offering as a help to fellow players - I do NOT charge for ports or other JP help.I am on the North American servers. For WvW puzzles, I have access to the Crystal Desert and Stormbluff Isle servers. If you can be online after 8:00pm Pacific time or on a weekend, I'd love to help you out! Send me an in-game mail (Alysanne.8473) or you can reach me on my GW2 email (nymeria.fallstar@gmail.com).

Hope to see some of you in game!

Nymeria FallstarJumping Puzzle Construction Co [JUMP]

(Edited the title to be a little clearer that I was offering help not asking for it!) :smile:

I hate JPs so much. Much appreciation to the throng of Mesmers who spend time laying portals down for poor sods like me.

I can't help but feel ANET felt they needed to compensate their player base for not allowing you to jump at all in GW1 - somehow, I think they over compensated :(

I mean, I don't mind so much from a daily / achievement perspective, but when you're "that person" holding people up in a fractal? #feelsbad #cantgitgud

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I hate JPs so much. Much appreciation to the throng of Mesmers who spend time laying portals down for poor sods like me.

I can't help but feel ANET felt they needed to compensate their player base for not allowing you to jump at all in GW1 - somehow, I think they over compensated :(

I mean, I don't mind so much from a daily / achievement perspective, but when you're "that person" holding people up in a fractal? #feelsbad #cantgitgud

I've definitely ported people in that fractal. :)

I'm always willing to port or to walk people through a puzzle jump by jump. Awhile back I spent probably 2 or 3 hours guiding a new player through the Aetherblade puzzle, only giving "progress ports" when they fell to get them back to our current spot. Willing to help anyone of any jp skill level - or port for those like yourself who hate them. :)

Personally I'm so glad they're part of the game. Ever since I found the first one they are my favorite thing about the game; I'm honestly not sure I'd play if they were gone.(On the other hand, I like to find a way to port people regardless of what I'm doing - woohoo Teq ports! haha)

-Nym

@"Moonlit.6421" said:+1 for the name and the generosity of course

BTW thanks :) Combined 2 of my favorite authors with this name haha.

-Nymeria Fallstar aka Nymeria Farseer(I made Nymeria Farseer when Fallstar became my full-time Mirage, so I'd have a dedicated Chrono in my "jumping puzzle spec" (RIP snowfall runes) with a familiar name to those used to being ported by me.)

Aetherblade goggles! I hate this jumping puzzle. First time I got up so far, a wonderful person portaled me up. My first jump I made it all the way down without dying and didn't get credit for it..it was bugged...swimsuit didn't disappear...no credit..so I got back up and tried it again, but hit something and died...I hate this one..would love to get this one done and line thru it!you btw are a rockstar for doing this!!

@"Rhyxali.8610" said:Aetherblade goggles! I hate this jumping puzzle. First time I got up so far, a wonderful person portaled me up. My first jump I made it all the way down without dying and didn't get credit for it..it was bugged...swimsuit didn't disappear...no credit..so I got back up and tried it again, but hit something and died...I hate this one..would love to get this one done and line thru it!you btw are a rockstar for doing this!!

I've told my friends the magic words to summon me in game are "Not So Secret". :)If you'll be around this evening I'll try to leave work at a more "normal" time today to give you a hand!

@Rhyxali.8610 said:Aetherblade goggles! I hate this jumping puzzle. First time I got up so far, a wonderful person portaled me up. My first jump I made it all the way down without dying and didn't get credit for it..it was bugged...swimsuit didn't disappear...no credit..so I got back up and tried it again, but hit something and died...I hate this one..would love to get this one done and line thru it!you btw are a rockstar for doing this!!

I must say I'm rather curious about what causes this bug. As a fellow portal mesmer I've ported a good number of people to the top of this puzzle as well, yet to my dismay have had a number of them not receive credit even after multiple dives due to something gone wrong on their end, even though they made the dive. I hope that isn't the case for you and it is just a one time thing, but i'd love to know the cause.

I've heard that it sometimes happens on people's last dive achievement; I've seen forum posts about various suggested fixes. If it's not the last dive the most common suggestion is to go do another dive then come back and redo the bugged dive. This is one I'd be curious to know the cause of as well; it's super frustrating for people!

@Alysanne.8473 said:I've heard that it sometimes happens on people's last dive achievement; I've seen forum posts about various suggested fixes. If it's not the last dive the most common suggestion is to go do another dive then come back and redo the bugged dive. This is one I'd be curious to know the cause of as well; it's super frustrating for people!

Really? Huh that's good to know it's the first time I've heard that, I'll have to keep that in mind.

@Rhyxali.8610 said:Aetherblade goggles! I hate this jumping puzzle. First time I got up so far, a wonderful person portaled me up. My first jump I made it all the way down without dying and didn't get credit for it..it was bugged...swimsuit didn't disappear...no credit..so I got back up and tried it again, but hit something and died...I hate this one..would love to get this one done and line thru it!you btw are a rockstar for doing this!!

A guildy of mine just did that the other night. He parked his Mes up there for the time being so rest of the guild can come and snag the achievement.

Heya Rhyxali,I've got you on my friends list but haven't been able to catch you online yet. I've got one of my chronos parked at the goggles just for you! :)

• 2 years later...