A-Net Please make it easier to the Gift of battle.

Last Crysis.1934

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

How are you playing? Have you tried running around solo, hitting the tiny camps? If you have a durable support-type build (I use Druid) you can usually take out a tiny camp on your own, better yet, you may run into another roamer or two and be able to take them out together. (Watch out for the invulnerable NPC, they are on a timer, but it will run out if you keep them from killing you for a few minutes.) You can also keep an eye on any of the NPC areas bordering your territory, waiting for a chance to take them over or renew your alliance. Rewards come slower like this than when you are in the big zerg, but it's a heck of a lot more fun. And yeah, you will still die sometimes. If you have any speed boost or stealth-type skills, it may help you to outrun and escape enemies you don't want to fight. (Though the occasional one-on-one slugfest is kind of fun, too, if you don't care a lot whether you win it.)

I pretty much run from camp to camp killing any npc I can or I repair a wall. I hate all forms of pvp it stresses me out so if I see another player I try to tp away, if I can't I just /sit and let them kill me. Having to go up against another player that t know I will loss against just stresses me out and that ends up making me nauseous. I did not start playing this game to be stressed. So yes be force into WvW where I have to pvp is ruining the game.

No offense guy, but if "seeing another player" in a PvP setting causes you stress/physical illness then maybe MMOs aren't for you. I hate PvE. I have come to the conclusion after mostly crafting Bifrost that I do not have it in me to finish all the grindy PvE garbage to complete it. Legendaries are not in my future, perhaps not in yours either. HAVING to play PvE to get shiny shiny weapons is horribly unfair to the WvW playerbase. See I can do it too.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if we can get a reward track for every zone/map required to get Gift of Exploration, that would be amazing. If I am not mistaken there are 25 zones/maps needed for GoE.so that'll be 25 reward tracks to get GoE through wvw. that's a fair trade right? by OP's standards it takes 6 hours to complete a reward track, 25*6 = 150. so 150 hours to get GoE. I am ok with that.

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:It's too bad you can't give away the gift of battle. I got too many of them... pfft.

You can sell them on the gray market, along with all of the other gifts. Going rate for the entire process is about 400 gold:

• Seller supplies all the bound currencies & items, including the Gift of Battle, the Gift of Exploration, mystic clover, the relevant dungeon gift, and anything else that is account bound.
  • Buyer supplies all the unbound mats, the precursor, gold for the Icy Runestones, mystic coins for the clover, and so on.

There are people who will serve as escrow agents at the GW2 Exchange sub-Reddit, usually for a small fee (depending on the items/effort involved). There are some well-known buyers there, too, who I'd trust to hold up their end of the deal (because their financial status depends in part on their reputation).

Roughly speaking, it's a great deal if you do World Completion for fun and do plenty of dungeons/WvW to keep you supplied in the account bound currencies.

If it's something that interests you, I can advise about the specific risks/benefits.

edit: updated a lot of the text, since some people were confused as to what was being sold

It occurred to me the other night that one of the most prestigious in game items could very well be the SAB Tribulation boom box.

Think about it, you spend 6 hours on a wvw reward track and you get a guaranteed item at the end, but you spend 6 hours on 1 of 3 areas in SAB and all you have to look forward to is 12 or more hours next year.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Balthazzarr.1349" said:It's too bad you can't give away the gift of battle. I got too many of them... pfft.

You can sell them on the gray market. Going rate is about 400 gold:
  • Seller supplies all the account bound currencies.
  • Buyer supplies all the unbound mats, the precursor, gold for the Icy Runestones, mystic coins for the clover, and so on.

There are people who will serve as escrow agents at the
, usually for a small fee (depending on the items/effort involved). There are some well-known buyers there, too, who I'd trust to hold up their end of the deal (because their financial status depends in part on their reputation).

Roughly speaking, it's a great deal if you do World Completion for fun and do plenty of dungeons/WvW to keep you supplied in the account bound currencies.

If it's something that interests you, I can advise about the specific risks/benefits.

Gift of battle's value is about 50g. GoE is valued at 400 gold, approximately.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

You can sell them on the gray market. Going rate is about 400 gold:
  • Seller supplies all the account bound currencies.

There are people who will serve as escrow agents at the
, usually for a small fee (depending on the items/effort involved). There are some well-known buyers there, too, who I'd trust to hold up their end of the deal (because their financial status depends in part on their reputation).

Gift of battle's value is about 50g. GoE is valued at 400 gold, approximately.

Oh oops, yeah, gift of exploration. Thanks. Sorry about that @"Balthazzarr.1349"

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:Having to spend 6+ hour in WvW is ruining the game for me, just to get the Gift of Battle. I don't find it fun getting killed ever minute when i am just trying to find away to get my participation up and repairing walls for that whole time is boring. So PLEASE A-net do something for the ppl who don't like WvW or any type of pvp.

NO.They already made it so you no longer have to go into WvW for map completion. Anything more and they may was well revamp the entire game.I don't want to have to go and do map complete in PvE only. They should just give away the gift of exploration because I dont like PvE

I don't want to farm for gold either. Lets just make all materials free. Cause I find farming boring.

Lets just dumb down the game so everyone can just have everything with no effort.

Cause that's basically what you're asking for.Reward with no effort

Actually, they removed map comp from wvw because pvers used to flood the maps and not participate in wvw stuff... That aside, GoB is pretty easy to get, I agree

Actually they moved it because pvers cried and cried and cried about it.

Points to signature...gotta do the thing if you want to have the thing...6hrs of WvW is nothing compared to Map Completion, Dungeons and waiting for PvE events to happen, you know, the things dedicated WvWers need to step out of their favorite game mode for if they want a legy.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@BMW.2951 said:If a carebear complains about it... surely it will make pvp better right?

Guess what? You don't have to get that legendary you want... lol

Just pay $150 and buy it from the trading post. Support these awesome devs man! Great game and great company.

Gen 2 legendaries can be bought from tp now? Oh wait

You don't have to collect a legendary if you don't enjoy getting someting in wvw man. If ANET didn't have this requirement for making pve players play the awesome wvw mode, then wvw would be even more dead.

@BMW.2951 said:

@BMW.2951 said:If a carebear complains about it... surely it will make pvp better right?

Just pay $150 and buy it from the trading post. Support these awesome devs man! Great game and great company.

You don't have to collect a legendary if you don't enjoy getting someting in wvw man. If ANET didn't have this requirement for making pve players play the awesome wvw mode, then wvw would be even more dead.

"Guess what? You don't have to get that legendary you want... lol

Just pay $150 and buy it from the trading post. Support these awesome devs man! Great game and great company."

How does that comment even remotely have anything to do with me enjoying wvw? You said" buy leggy from tp", I asked "how can you buy gen2 leggies?"Now your answer is... "You dont have to get a leggy if you dont enjoy something"Really?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@BMW.2951 said:

Just pay $150 and buy it from the trading post. Support these awesome devs man! Great game and great company."

How does that comment even remotely have anything to do with me enjoying wvw? You said" buy leggy from tp", I asked "how can you buy gen2 leggies?"Now your answer is... "You dont have to get a leggy if you dont enjoy something"Really?

True story bro. It's either:

1. Deal with wvw and get the gift of battle/legendary

or

1. Don't play wvw if you don't like the game mode and stop crying.

Butttttt...

If you go with option 2, you will still end up crying because you won't get that legendary you want.

So.....

Option 1 only works.

well i have to do shitty stories and other pve content in order to get some shit done i want also while i prefer park my ass in WvW and get my story line done by doing nothing so i unlock my reward tracks that way also!

but hey cant please all and why fuck would u repair walls for participation?go run and kill people its faster then hugging these walls using supplies on useless walls.

@BMW.2951 said:

@BMW.2951 said:

or

Butttttt...

If you go with option 2, you will still end up crying because you won't get that legendary you want.

So.....

Option 1 only works.

Sooooo. You assume i dont wvw. Which i do daily 4-6 hours. Now that we got that cleared, bro, would you be so kind as to tell me the way a Gen2 legendary is purchaseable via tp? Oh. There isnt one.People just wish they had bought them when they were 500 badges each.Also GoB is perfectly doable with dailies alone. Within 10-12 days. But complainers will complain...

+1 Anet make sure u remove map completion from the game while you are at it too cuz i find it retarded and boring to run arround PVE maps for 72+ hours feeding pigs and washing cows to get my legendaries kkthbye

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

How are you playing? Have you tried running around solo, hitting the tiny camps? If you have a durable support-type build (I use Druid) you can usually take out a tiny camp on your own, better yet, you may run into another roamer or two and be able to take them out together. (Watch out for the invulnerable NPC, they are on a timer, but it will run out if you keep them from killing you for a few minutes.) You can also keep an eye on any of the NPC areas bordering your territory, waiting for a chance to take them over or renew your alliance. Rewards come slower like this than when you are in the big zerg, but it's a heck of a lot more fun. And yeah, you will still die sometimes. If you have any speed boost or stealth-type skills, it may help you to outrun and escape enemies you don't want to fight. (Though the occasional one-on-one slugfest is kind of fun, too, if you don't care a lot whether you win it.)

I pretty much run from camp to camp killing any npc I can or I repair a wall. I hate all forms of pvp it stresses me out so if I see another player I try to tp away, if I can't I just /sit and let them kill me. Having to go up against another player that t know I will loss against just stresses me out and that ends up making me nauseous. I did not start playing this game to be stressed. So yes be force into WvW where I have to pvp is ruining the game.

The problem isn’t WvW and gift of battle, your problem is yourself.

If you’re getting nauseous from the stress of making some pixels fight then you need to get help and at the very least a reality check.

Edit: If you absolutely cannot stand WvW do the WvW dailies and you get potions for reward track progress. Do the easy ones every day and you will eventually get GoB without having to see another soul.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Put another way: even if ANet agrees with you today that the requirement is too onerous, it's going to be months before they change the acquisition method, probably longer.I feel like adding back the merchant that used to sell them is the work of a few minutes at most.

Because they should never have removed that damn NPC to begin with, that way worked perfectly fine for literally years.

@Voltekka.2375 said:

@BMW.2951 said:

@BMW.2951 said:

or

Butttttt...

So.....

Option 1 only works.

Sooooo. You assume i dont wvw. Which i do daily 4-6 hours. Now that we got that cleared, bro, would you be so kind as to tell me the way a Gen2 legendary is purchaseable via tp? Oh. There isnt one.People just wish they had bought them when they were 500 badges each.Also GoB is perfectly doable with dailies alone. Within 10-12 days. But complainers will complain...

It is my bad. I misread you wanted a newer legendary. Sorry