Double all sources of WXP gain indefinitely — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Double all sources of WXP gain indefinitely

Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭
edited April 23, 2018 in WvW

Thoughts?

signature

Comments

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Theres enough ways to do that.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Theres enough ways to do that.

    The suggestion in the title would stack with boosters, of course. Double WXP on its own is still slow and unrewarding.

    signature

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cronos.6532 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Theres enough ways to do that.

    The suggestion in the title would stack with boosters, of course. Double WXP on its own is still slow and unrewarding.

    There are a lot of ways to stack WxP boosts. I would personally prefer it to be a once in awhile weekend event. Not something that is always there or too common.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Cronos.6532 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Theres enough ways to do that.

    The suggestion in the title would stack with boosters, of course. Double WXP on its own is still slow and unrewarding.

    There are a lot of ways to stack WxP boosts. I would personally prefer it to be a once in awhile weekend event. Not something that is always there or too common.

    We put it to a vote in Team chat and decided it would be healthier for WvW to have it all the time, with the Bonus Weekend Event we're having now on top of that one weekend every month. Dolyak's Blessing should be acquirable more than once. Winter's Blessing from orphans is only available at certain times of the year. Candy Corn Gobbler is still bugged to give you Strength Boosters etc. that are immediately removed in WvW. The blue WXP booster that stacks with the others is essentially impossible to acquire, and ArenaNet removed the liquid WXP that could be purchased with laurels. Perhaps they should add the ability to purchase WXP boosters for laurels, on top of all of these changes.

    signature

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    only on weekends. so we can callendar these things and make them special.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    No. Keep it to regular events instead. Nobody needs exp and making leveling even easier than it already is.. no ty. For WvW it will literally be even more worthless than it is already.

    Bite me.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It seems like people want shinies twice as fast...

  • X T D.6458X T D.6458 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cronos.6532 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:

    @Cronos.6532 said:

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Theres enough ways to do that.

    The suggestion in the title would stack with boosters, of course. Double WXP on its own is still slow and unrewarding.

    There are a lot of ways to stack WxP boosts. I would personally prefer it to be a once in awhile weekend event. Not something that is always there or too common.

    We put it to a vote in Team chat and decided it would be healthier for WvW to have it all the time, with the Bonus Weekend Event we're having now on top of that one weekend every month. Dolyak's Blessing should be acquirable more than once. Winter's Blessing from orphans is only available at certain times of the year. Candy Corn Gobbler is still bugged to give you Strength Boosters etc. that are immediately removed in WvW. The blue WXP booster that stacks with the others is essentially impossible to acquire, and ArenaNet removed the liquid WXP that could be purchased with laurels. Perhaps they should add the ability to purchase WXP boosters for laurels, on top of all of these changes.

    I am not personally interested in recreating an EoTM athmosphere in WvW. Eotm did enough damage to WvW by rewarding people for being bad, avoiding fights, playing with little to no knowledge of game mode mechanics, and encouraging a perception that WvW is all about PvD, ktraining, while fights and proper build setup should be ignored.

    Somewhere chasing bags....

  • XenesisII.1540XenesisII.1540 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Prefer if they made it an event every couple weeks, with other buffs thrown in every other week, and done on the weekdays when it's quieter and could use a boost to wvw population. Something like one week wvw exp, next magic find boost, next reward track boost, next a pip bonus of like 2, then rotate through again.

    Another derailing post ^ - Anet
    "Is there pvp stuff for this?" - "Absolutely, eh we actually have a new armor set coming soon." - "Woo!"
    "From the back of the room!, the one pvp fan! we got him! WaH!"
    || Stealth is a Terribad Mechanic ||

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Someone didn't meet their WXP goal this weekend?

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Cronos.6532 said:
    Thoughts?

    Yeah and then later on someone asks for another boost.

  • bLind.6278bLind.6278 Member ✭✭✭

    One weekend a month, tops. The amount of PvE players being utterly worthless in WvW this weekend has been awful.

    There's a 95% chance I'll be warned for this post, regardless of what it says.

  • mindcircus.1506mindcircus.1506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

    @bLind.6278 said:
    One weekend a month, tops. The amount of PvE players being utterly worthless toxic in WvW this weekend has been awful.

    ftfy

  • Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The wxp weekend brought a lot of new players into wvw tyvm Anet. A great many of us players that spend time daily in wvw consider the weekend event a success.

  • Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

    @X T D.6458 said:
    Theres enough ways to do that.

    And yet normally WvW is still dead, yet this weekend if wasn't, people will always play more when they feel rewarded, and that WxP boost alone made it feel worth it, I could average around 4-5 levels an hour with max boosts on my server, this would still take 2000 - 2500 hours of play time with max boosts to max out to the 10,000 and I wouldn't have this many boosts,

    Anet should seriously look at the WxP and double it across the board, or leave it as it is and x3 or x4 WxP for killing other players without siege, I have noticed more people willing to battle it out open field this weekend than ever before, as they are getting better rewarded.

    @bLind.6278 said:
    One weekend a month, tops. The amount of PvE players being utterly worthless toxic in WvW this weekend has been awful.

    What server are you on, I didn't see any Toxic players from "PvE" or players from WvW being toxic, the server im on encouraged them to join us on discord/ts, this way they're likely to return to the game mode, and not watch it die from the sidelines while watching the people who where toxic to them crying to Anet to make WvW more appealing.

    Overall this weekend was a success for WvW and Anet should pay attention to this, and not just ignore it and allow the decline to return, rewards = players.

    PS: please add unidentified gear to WvW instead of blue and green drops, my inventory would thank you.

    Don't say what you mean, it will get you in trouble.

  • apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My thoughts?

    I haven’t had bacon in too long, I should buy some during my next weekly shop.
    I’ve eaten a lot of fibre over the last 3 days, I hope I don’t get cramp.
    Why is frost punk being released on a Tuesday? Nothing against Tuesday, highly under rated day of the week but still a bit weird.
    ......

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Having it all the time will just make it the new norm and population will drop of quickly again. Happens every time something is introduced.

    Regular events to entice people to get a taste of WvW so they choose too stay... thats much better.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It was an awesome weekend for sure. But let's keep it special and only once in a while.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ok I Did It.2854 said:
    PS: please add unidentified gear to WvW instead of blue and green drops, my inventory would thank you.

    I don't think/know if there are any plans to change the way the older reward tracks work with blue/greens/yellow but the newer reward tracks have unidentified implemented in them currently (unids do drop but I think b/g/y still drop as well in tandem). No idea how much work is needed for them to fully drop as unid's. I am fine with either way if they chose to keep or change it.

  • Seffen.2875Seffen.2875 Member ✭✭✭

    make it a monthly Rotation.

  • Fatherbliss.4701Fatherbliss.4701 Member ✭✭✭

    I thought about that this weekend chucking to myself. If they ever did do that we need more ways to utilize the xp. Increase the cap. Create more traits to spend the points on. Something that makes it more interesting. I’m always a fan of increasing our player base in WvW. What’s I don’t want is a scenario that creates almost permanent karma trains. I didn’t see that this weekend thankfully. We had more fights than I’d found in awhile which is great.

    Guild leader for Goats of Thunder. No pants allowed.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @XenesisII.1540 said:
    Prefer if they made it an event every couple weeks, with other buffs thrown in every other week, and done on the weekdays when it's quieter and could use a boost to wvw population. Something like one week wvw exp, next magic find boost, next reward track boost, next a pip bonus of like 2, then rotate through again.

    Make it the whole last week of a link. Or the whole first week.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Vova.2640Vova.2640 Member ✭✭✭

    No. There is absolutely no need to make it permanent.
    They should just do events like this one more often.
    Or smaller events like +25% wexp +25% MF +25% karma drop etc etc etc.
    Or event with special chance to get valueable junk from kills that sells for gold etc.
    Just basically more events.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

    Apparently it last longer for some, I logged on and 2 of my guildies still had the xp event going but I didnt :/

    Unfair Anet, unfair.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • @Cronos.6532 said:
    We put it to a vote in Team chat and decided it would be healthier for WvW to have it all the time, with the Bonus Weekend Event we're having now on top of that one weekend every month.

    Ask any 10 players if they want to earn more towards any goal without working any harder, you'll find 11 who support the idea.

    Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

  • starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    Having it all the time will just make it the new norm and population will drop of quickly again. Happens every time something is introduced.

    Regular events to entice people to get a taste of WvW so they choose too stay... thats much better.

    But thats not sustainable either. The problem with a reward incentive is that people are only doing it because of the reward. Eventually thats no longer good enough, and offering bigger rewards won't work once its determined the activity is intolerable. Just for the sake of argument, they make a weekend that enables Gift of Battle to get collected 10 times faster. All that would do is attract PvE players who can't stand WvW, and attempt to solider through it get gift of battle out of the way. None of them will be interested in staying, because they hate everything about it, and refuse to ever give it a real chance. So is the game mode benefiting from having a revolving door of players who are only there to collect reward for the least effort investment possible, or change the rules of the game mode to make it more enticing for them to play?

    This is the one of the big problems with modern game designs.... especially with MMOs. People are demanding very niche design choices, but assume that will result in large populations. The Developers are seeking large populations, but in order to do that, the design has to cater to a lowest common denominator. The irony here is that you can design a game to allow for a wide range of skill levels... but competitive players fundamentally despise this, because they want a dominating edge over their opponents. Thus widening the skill gap makes them mad, just as closing the skill gap makes them mad. But large scale PvP, which is what WvW is, allows for "skill dilution". Of course Comp players don't like this, but well coordinated guilds thrive under this design philosophy. More importantly, PUGs are much easier to boot strap if they can at least be contributing factors out of the box. Compare that to hyper competitive games (including MMOs like Rust, Ark, EVE, etc), where new players are just fodder, only fodder, and never given a proper opportunity to be anything but Fodder, without the blessings of a guild to give them Resources.

    So looking at the motivations of many players, Events tend to attach a lot of attention by way of Gimmicks. But Gimmicks peak and fall sharply. If you look at the 3 month life cycles of sooooo many MMOs that came out between 2015 to 2017, most were popularized by a particular gimmick, but the rest of the game being either bland, bog standard, or not at all entertaining. The goal is retention... and thats not going to be successful when you're only using a reward promotion to drive participation.

  • Blackarps.1974Blackarps.1974 Member ✭✭✭

    Why though? Its not like rank really does anything other than occasionally get you an extra pip. Just pop a birthday booster and buy a Candy Corn Gobbler and you'll be in diamond in no time. Its like 5 levels with ease. I got 100 two weeks in a row when I was really playing a lot last summer.

    My suggestion is to just add more items to buy with badges of honor. WXP booster that lasts 30 minutes or an hour, reward track potions, liquid WXP, bags of loot, boxes (like fractals do), etc.

    It would also be nice if EXP on experience banners would convert to WXP when dropped in WvW or just tack on the buff to it as well. Hero banners would be a lot nicer.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.