ArenaNet attending E3 2018 - Page 3 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet attending E3 2018

Comments

• @EpicName.4523 said:
    Sincerely hope it is not GW3. Everything invested in GW2 will feel wasted.

they still have a ways to go with gw2. i doubt there will be any mention of the sequal until at least another expansion is out and 6 months time after said expansion has been out.

• Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

Why E3? ArenaNet has not attended any major conference in ages. They are announcing something big I can smell it.

• Cynn.1659Cynn.1659 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

They will be talking about "Monetising your playerbase" followed by "Joy of movement bs"

You heard it here first.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

Tera announced the console version few weeks ago. Now if ArenaNet put GW2 on a portable console... well, my boss could directly fire me, since I'd play it even at work.
    So please, don't do it.

• Nyion.6057Nyion.6057 Member ✭✭

I would like to see some engine upgrade or free content upgrade (maps, quests etc). Like Cataclysm in WoW? :smirk: Crystal Elder Dragon is bigger and more dangerous then others we have faced, so... it may happen!

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

We get free content 'upgrades' (maps, quests) all the time. I don't think that is what they would be announcing.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

Surely not expansion news. It's not even that long since pof release.

• I belive: Gw1 remaster

• Kheldorn.5123Kheldorn.5123 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lumix.5069 said:
    I belive: Gw1 remaster

That would kill gw2 :D

• @Kheldorn.5123 said:

@Lumix.5069 said:

That would kill gw2 :D

Gw2 is a total mess. Just think, they revamp Anet masterpiece: GW1

• PyrateSilly.4710PyrateSilly.4710 Member ✭✭✭

Now if only E3 would announce when the companies will have which time slots then I could plan my days ....... I keep checking the site to see when I need to get there to stand in line but nothing yet ......

• Healix.5819Healix.5819 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2018

@aspirine.6852 said:

By E3, PoF will be nearly 9 months old and season 4 will be halfway through, assuming 6 episode again. They'll want at least 6 months for advertising, rather than repeating PoF and essentially only marketing it to existing players. Consider that if they stick to $30 expansions, they will certainly want to recover the losses by offering a new one roughly every year, rather than the usual $50 every other year.

At the current rate however, with 3 months in-between episodes, it'll take roughly another year for season 4 to end. Unless they speed it up or cut it short, I doubt they'd announce an expansion over a year in advance, though they did so with HoT. They still have PAX later this year in September, which is likely when episode 4 will launch. You'll know if they're planning to reveal it however, since the episode will likely do it first, unless they're no longer using seasons to link them.

@Lumix.5069 said:

Well I would buy it. Not sure about the gw1 combat though. I still have gw1 on my pc but the combat feels wrong to me now.

• Urud.4925Urud.4925 Member ✭✭✭

@Healix.5819 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:

By E3, PoF will be nearly 9 months old and season 4 will be halfway through, assuming 6 episode again. They'll want at least 6 months for advertising, rather than repeating PoF and essentially only marketing it to existing players. Consider that if they stick to $30 expansions, they will certainly want to recover the losses by offering a new one roughly every year, rather than the usual $50 every other year.

Looking at the NCSoft income from GW2, I don't really think that they lost anything, on the contrary. Sure we don't know how much they spent to develop the last expansion, but the game is doing pretty well imo.
    One of the sell point of GW2 is that there's no rush in farming gear and its target are casual players. There are always returning players who have to buy some expac and I don't think that pushing 1 expansion every year would be a good idea. If they really want to gain more, better to develop another game and move part of the dev team on it. Pushing the accelerator on GW2 would make the game like all the other MMOs, so bye bye current target.

• Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lumix.5069 said:

GW1 is currently in maintenance mode and there is currently no future plans for content.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given no news about episode 3, it seems likely they will just talk about episode 3, living story, and potentially the wvw changes coming at some point to servers.

As much as I would like a teaser for an expansion or something bigger for guild wars 2 than just talking about their quarterly content update, I think the timing is too intentional with this release for it to not be the big part of their presentation at e3.

That's of course assuming that episode 3 is actually coming out within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

A battle royale mode with prophylactic and cross-dressing options unlocked by a mobile grinding app.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

knowing Anet, yet more achievements to grind and more armor/weapons to craft at 500 mastery, the usual bad ideas.

• Tradecard game, TYRIAN TAROT

• Asukai.4507Asukai.4507 Member ✭✭

GW2 on game console play it on the PS4 it might work Tera out on PS4. GW2 on the phone people are looking at mobile games.
    Maybe they might announce Cantha with a new race? As for GW3 if they ever do it they need to add more character creation but I doubt it GW3.

• Hybarf Tics.2048Hybarf Tics.2048 Member ✭✭✭

Introduction of mounts to GW 1. =)
    I just had to say it. What if water combat update was only partial?
    They announce at E3 underwater combat revamped just in time for season 4 episode 3 which could the biggest episode content so far.
    Besides episode 3 is well on it's way to becoming late and it just might be because E3 is very close. Also it's a good way to test the waters and get new players in time for the announcement of a Cantha & DSD aka bubbles expansion in Jan 2019. :o <3

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:
    knowing Anet, yet more achievements to grind and more armor/weapons to craft at 500 mastery, the usual bad ideas.

How can you even say this?

"Look at this optional content many people enjoy and that keeps them in the game. It's absolutely terrible!"

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• DiogoSilva.7089DiogoSilva.7089 Member ✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

"Look at this optional content many people enjoy and that keeps them in the game. It's absolutely terrible!"

Crafting in GW2 is not particularly interesting, neither are grindy achievements. Those are usually added because they don't require much effort.

Quality content is new maps, new story, intricate optional quests (like Caladbolg's), etc. Stuff you usually get from meaty content patches.

• sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Blocki.4931 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:

ppl call achievements quests, they are boring stuff to do because Anet still doesn't know how to add quality quests, they also love to force ppl to craft which is the worst system in crafting since MU online.

• Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

They might cosplay as Oscar the grouch.

• Nothing For E3, they just have a basic stand to say : " We are here again, we are alive !"
    Maybe the trailer of S4E3 thats all...

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not really oriented in such events, but is E3 something important?

Why will ANet participate in it? Can we expect something extraordinary from it? Or is this just a casual meeting of the companies?

The wound is the place where the Light enters you ~Stephane Lo Presti

• Yukio blaster.9082Yukio blaster.9082 Member ✭✭✭

Teapot said that anet probably gonna showcase some phone game or something . so i'm not that hyped sadly .

S A R À B

• Aramus.8143Aramus.8143 Member ✭✭
    edited May 28, 2018

Effective September 1st, GW2 will become free to play and pay to play. Pay to play will cost $12.00 a month or $9.00 a month if paid yearly. Free to play will lose several
    of their current benefits while pay to play will keep the current game the way it is plus will receive several nice new benefits.
    Listen for the announcements when E3 begins.

Have a great day.

• Nuka Cola.8520Nuka Cola.8520 Member ✭✭✭✭

What i want: The game gets ported to DX12/Unreal Engine 4

What we will get: New items on the gem store

The best thing that could happen is the announcement of GW3 for 2019. GW2 has too much problems, problems that will take them years to fix, and even then, it won't be fully fixed. This game is old. Its time to move on... a new expansion with content for less than a week won't excite anyone else but the few white knights still playing the game.

• @Aramus.8143 said:
    Effective September 1st, GW2 will become free to play and pay to play. Pay to play will cost $12.00 a month or $9.00 a month if paid yearly. Free to play will lose several
    of their current benefits while pay to play will keep the current game the way it is plus will receive several nice new benefits.
    Listen for the announcements when E3 begins.

Have a great day.

"Also, we actually don't want to run a game anymore, we thought this was the best way to show it."

(To be clear - that's how likely I find the subscription model to be.)

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭

Since they're attending to E3, they must announce something big or new content.

1. I was thinking if they are going to Remaster/Remake GW1 as many game companies are doing that right now.
    2. Something brand new to GW2, like a super big update, similar to for an example, Heroes of the Storm 2.0. New playable modes (GvG, Alliance battle), new playable race, anything tbh.
    3. Announcement for Expansion #3.
    4. A completely new game, for PC/console/mobile(?)

No matter what, I am looking forward to see what ANet has to offer and surprise us at E3! :)

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

A major graphical engine upgrade, marking the start of a big marketing campaign to get all those 1080's in <3

@Goettel.4389 said:
    A major graphical engine upgrade, marking the start of a big marketing campaign to get all those 1080's in <3

Well why not? They will need a new engine for future games any way.

• Gief updated Engine where high end PC's can follow.

• Zeike.7469Zeike.7469 Member ✭✭

The best thing that could happen is the announcement of GW3 for 2019. GW2 has too much problems, problems that will take them years to fix, and even then, it won't be fully fixed. This game is old. Its time to move on... a new expansion with content for less than a week won't excite anyone else but the few white knights still playing the game.

Quite honestly, I've had a 4 year break and I left loving GW2 with little time to play it. Coming back, everything is new, and I am learning a lot about the game and other than grindy achievements and Masteries there isn't anything negative to say. Also, the grind isn't a complaint WoW is grind central, and I've been playing that for 11 years. I mean nothing is perfect, but this entire forum post has been rather negative and very harsh toward a game that everyone seems to care enough to comment about?

In my opinion, GW2 have done very well considering they are not pay to play, and thats what they stood for years ago. Game's beautiful, story is rich, love the combat. I'd love to see what else they can do but calling it a total mess, or having too much problems is really quite a turn off for new/returning players.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

They making a new Moba game and a new Sandbox MMO

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

I've been googling E3 stuff and have not been able to find out when ANet is doing any presentations. Do any of you know, and do you know if it'll be live streamed or not?

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

“Business meetings” is the current rumor but I imagine they’ll have a trailer and brief q and a or something about this episode that’s on the horizon. Assuming the sun doesn’t collide into the earth first. :p

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for that! For those not willing/able to go to the reddit link, the quote is "Hi guys. I was talking about marketing. Nothing will be announced at E3. We are having business meetings in relation to GW2 with potential partners."

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018

I figured as much about E3 and the next episode. I don’t recall Anet ever delaying an episode for something like E3 or PAX. Yet people were so quick to assume that and discount anything to suggest otherwise including a post from Anet giving the reason for the delay.

• Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 9, 2018

I am thinking ANet will just be announcing their next Living World episode during E3.... :worried:

| Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

• Battle Royale mode callin it right now :# haha

• BadSanta.6527BadSanta.6527 Member ✭✭✭

Next expansion during the espoide that what I wish

• Cassador.7034Cassador.7034 Member
    edited June 10, 2018

Mostly underwater expansion with maybe a underwater mount to boot. It would really make sense. Otherwise I have no clue why they added that swim speed infusion.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    Guys, please read the thread before responding to its start. We have a definitive statement from a dev (on Reddit, not in this thread, but quoted just a few posts above this) that there is NO announcement coming, they are just having some business meetings with potential partners. Please stop setting yourselves up for disappointment over the lack of announcements.

They cant help it!

Amana Silentchild; My Main
    Ember Wandertooth; The Kingslayer, Kianda Redpaw; The Blazing Light
    Why GW is Called Guildwars

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Windu The Forbidden One.6045 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

@EpicName.4523 said:
    Sincerely hope it is not GW3. Everything invested in GW2 will feel wasted.

Welcome to every online game ever.

You say that like it's normal for an MMO to have a sequel. It's not.
    MMO's rarely have sequels, and rightly so, because it would just waste all the time and effort you have invested, which tends to be a lot given how time consuming mmo's can be. There is no World of Warcraft 2, EvE online 2 or Elder Scrolls Online 2 either, and nor should there be.

The only reason GW1 had a sequel at all, is because GW1 wasn't a true mmo, it was a CORPG (Competitive/Cooperative Online Role Playing Game). And I use the term "online" loosely, since the entire game can be played solo (with heroes/henchmen) and all zones outside cities are instanced.

Everquest 2, Lineage 2, Maple Story 2, Final Fantasy 14 not a sequel but the second MMO from that franchise, there was a game by Turbine that had a sequel, Camelot Unchained is basically a sequel to Dark Age of Camelot.

I'm sure there's more.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Donari.5237 said:
    Guys, please read the thread before responding to its start. We have a definitive statement from a dev (on Reddit, not in this thread, but quoted just a few posts above this) that there is NO announcement coming, they are just having some business meetings with potential partners. Please stop setting yourselves up for disappointment over the lack of announcements.

Anet specifically stated that the next episode was delayed for reasons other than E3 but people disregarded that post to go with their running speculative theory. If people are so adamant on their theory being correct, they’re going to continue to disregard all facts that state otherwise.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.