Please no gimmick "remove X" weekends. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Please no gimmick "remove X" weekends.

Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited April 24, 2018 in WvW

I, personally, have an issue with any gimmick "remove X" weekends... WvW was designed around various elements, and taking things out only makes it fun for 1 side of the equation... and that's not healthy. While certain "remove X" may seem "fun" on initial thought, we must ask ourselves "Is this fun when it happens to me?" first...

Hypothetically, let's say the devs toy with an idea to remove downstate for a weekend... And a player constantly get "1 shot" or blown up in seconds (because the dev team has not addressed the major issues of extremely low TTK, or reevaluated player health over the years of super power creep damage output, or have yet to implement a healthy condi/cc system for competitive gameplay )... over and over and over.... This will certainly not be fun for that player, or anyone getting farmed... or anyone side already outnumbered on the map.

"No AC..." or other "no X siege" weekend... So when your side is outnumbered, and your team can't defend a structure properly (because, ya know, it's that gimmick weekend), chances are players will log out and not bother...

I'm not going to go on and on with other hypotheticals, but I'd much rather have the devs focus their efforts to work on profession, and other vital areas, instead of gimmicks that can easily backfire and create more negativity than needed. And I personally would love to have a weekend where I can use a working, and competitive, Dagger/Dagger and SB Soulbeast... Or a weekend where GS reaper wasn't a complete waste of time, and a complete immobile sack of health that is over dependent on gated shroud mechanics that only has working condi builds... Just saying.

Thank you

<1

Comments

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    Hypothetically, let's say the devs toy with an idea to remove downstate for a weekend... And a player constantly get "1 shot" or blown up in seconds (because the dev team has not addressed the major issues of extremely low TTK, or reevaluated player health over the years of super power creep damage output, or have yet to implement a healthy condi/cc system for competitive gameplay )... over and over and over.... This will certainly not be fun for that player, or anyone getting farmed... or anyone side already outnumbered on the map.

    if you get constantly oneshot now with downstate, how is a no downstate weekend going to change alot for you? the only glassy build on wich i get oneshot and that i survive downstate often is on my ele in a blob from rally. but that one rather goes down by retaliation not oneshots.

    @Swagger.1459 said:
    I'm not going to go on and on with other hypotheticals, but I'd much rather have the devs focus their efforts to work on profession, and other vital areas, instead of gimmicks that can easily backfire and create more negativity than needed. And I personally would love to have a weekend where I can use a working, and competitive, Dagger/Dagger and SB Soulbeast... Or a weekend where GS reaper wasn't a complete waste of time, and a complete immobile sack of health that is over dependent on gated shroud mechanics that only has working condi builds... Just saying.

    this is much harder to do and i do think it is more important that WvW does get some attention from the devs, one weekend gimmick is also rather short so you know it will end soon if you dont like that current one.

  • @Swagger.1459 said:
    I, personally, have an issue with any gimmick "remove X" weekends... WvW was designed around various elements, and taking things out only makes it fun for 1 side of the equation... and that's not healthy. While certain "remove X" may seem "fun" on initial thought, we must ask ourselves "Is this fun when it happens to me?" first...

    Hypothetically, let's say the devs toy with an idea to remove downstate for a weekend... And a player constantly get "1 shot" or blown up in seconds (because the dev team has not addressed the major issues of extremely low TTK, or reevaluated player health over the years of super power creep damage output, or have yet to implement a healthy condi/cc system for competitive gameplay )... over and over and over.... This will certainly not be fun for that player, or anyone getting farmed... or anyone side already outnumbered on the map.

    "No AC..." or other "no X siege" weekend... So when your side is outnumbered, and your team can't defend a structure properly (because, ya know, it's that gimmick weekend), chances are players will log out and not bother...

    I'm not going to go on and on with other hypotheticals, but I'd much rather have the devs focus their efforts to work on profession, and other vital areas, instead of gimmicks that can easily backfire and create more negativity than needed. And I personally would love to have a weekend where I can use a working, and competitive, Dagger/Dagger and SB Soulbeast... Or a weekend where GS reaper wasn't a complete waste of time, and a complete immobile sack of health that is over dependent on gated shroud mechanics that only has working condi builds... Just saying.

    Thank you

    Meh usually when I get downed in wvw I never get ressed anyways at least 80% of the time hehe. I think they should make catapults insta gib and not be able to res haha.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Downed state carries those who outnumber. There are going to be alot of upset zerglings getting rundown by experienced skirmishers fighting outnumbered. That's kind of how it should be.

    No downed state is ya a bad idea permanently but for a weekend it's just good fun.

    A more permanent solution imo would be a 7 sec cap on downed state and then auto die if not rallied.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    My only concern is, we get a few little things, then no big thing.

    I'd rather have a big thing as I don't think we'll get both. WvW needs some big things.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I really like this idea. Creating extremely deadly fights once more. Balance implications aside (there are a ton) I'd use this to voice a few ideas about what should be done.

    My solution is simple: Keep down state but make it decay way, way faster. Somebody going down and not getting ressed or killed immediately means that person probably sits there for up to 30 seconds, unable to do anything but try to rally. That's terrible gameplay. What's even more terrible is if a push leaves many downs but thanks to how the fight went they are unable to cleave them all effectively. Now one person dies and it instantly rallies half the enemy team. That feels extremely bad. Getting downed in the first place should be more deadly.

    Bite me.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    I'm going to hazard a guess that someone will bring up more posts about mounts here the same time no downstate weekend happens (if it does). There might be endless crying about having to run all the way back. And also posts about one shots XD etc

  • I don't mind gimmick weekends, mostly at least. It breaks up things and makes it...interesting?

    I will QQ that weekend about my Scrapper and the Function Gyro though. ;)

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @SwankyMutt.9521 said:
    I don't mind gimmick weekends, mostly at least. It breaks up things and makes it...interesting?

    I will QQ that weekend about my Scrapper and the Function Gyro though. ;)

    Haha, I've become so normalized into not using them from the bugs they had that I've totally forgotten they are also used for stomps once upon a time :P

  • @DemonSeed.3528 said:

    @SwankyMutt.9521 said:
    I don't mind gimmick weekends, mostly at least. It breaks up things and makes it...interesting?

    I will QQ that weekend about my Scrapper and the Function Gyro though. ;)

    Haha, I've become so normalized into not using them from the bugs they had that I've totally forgotten they are also used for stomps once upon a time :P

    I know, right? The update from the skill splits and stuff seems to have fixed most the issues, I haven't really had any problems using it properly (I say seems because it's gonna bug on my later, watch). I have had to get myself back into the habit of remembering to use it.

  • dzeRnumbrd.6129dzeRnumbrd.6129 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    As someone that rarely goes down this sounds good to me. I create plenty of downs that res back up. Now they'll all die.

    I think the experiment is worthwhile just to see if it is as good as it sounds.

    Glass cannon revenants will be popular in zergs.

  • Brother.1504Brother.1504 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I suggest an “only downstate” wvw weekend. You can enter wvw normally but when you get within 1200 of an enemy boom, instant downstate.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Let the Pin sniping hit overdrive.

    pulls out and dusts off Deadeye

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Caliburn.1845Caliburn.1845 Member ✭✭✭

    I look forward to gimmick weeks. WvW is stale, anything to make it fun and new, even for just a few days is welcome.

    Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc(BOO) guildleader.
    DH>DB>BG>MAG>YB>SBI>YB>AR

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The datamined weekend will be Golem Week 2.0. I realy have no idea why they do this.
    The Bonus weekend we had was amazing but this is overkill.

    Im also against the increase of Reward Track.
    This targets the wrong people.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    That’s an elitist comment... be grateful that we have players playing at this point.

    WvW lost a ton of great players due to neglect of the mode and professions and a whole lot of other stuff... It’s short sighted of you to think that down state complaints have brought us to this point, or have had any substantial impact on the current state of wvw.

    And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

    Be more objective.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    That’s an elitist comment... be grateful that we have players playing at this point.

    WvW lost a ton of great players due to neglect of the mode and professions and a whole lot of other stuff... It’s short sighted of you to think that down state complaints have brought us to this point, or have had any substantial impact on the current state of wvw.

    And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

    Be more objective.

    I was when I said removing downed state was a bad idea. And I've been suggesting for over a year to cap downed state to 7 seconds.

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • @Swagger.1459 said:
    I, personally, have an issue with any gimmick "remove X" weekends... WvW was designed around various elements, and taking things out only makes it fun for 1 side of the equation... and that's not healthy. While certain "remove X" may seem "fun" on initial thought, we must ask ourselves "Is this fun when it happens to me?" first...

    Hypothetically, let's say the devs toy with an idea to remove downstate for a weekend... And a player constantly get "1 shot" or blown up in seconds (because the dev team has not addressed the major issues of extremely low TTK, or reevaluated player health over the years of super power creep damage output, or have yet to implement a healthy condi/cc system for competitive gameplay )... over and over and over.... This will certainly not be fun for that player, or anyone getting farmed... or anyone side already outnumbered on the map.

    "No AC..." or other "no X siege" weekend... So when your side is outnumbered, and your team can't defend a structure properly (because, ya know, it's that gimmick weekend), chances are players will log out and not bother...

    I'm not going to go on and on with other hypotheticals, but I'd much rather have the devs focus their efforts to work on profession, and other vital areas, instead of gimmicks that can easily backfire and create more negativity than needed. And I personally would love to have a weekend where I can use a working, and competitive, Dagger/Dagger and SB Soulbeast... Or a weekend where GS reaper wasn't a complete waste of time, and a complete immobile sack of health that is over dependent on gated shroud mechanics that only has working condi builds... Just saying.

    Thank you

    Thank you for this post cant agree more

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    That’s an elitist comment... be grateful that we have players playing at this point.

    WvW lost a ton of great players due to neglect of the mode and professions and a whole lot of other stuff... It’s short sighted of you to think that down state complaints have brought us to this point, or have had any substantial impact on the current state of wvw.

    And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

    Be more objective.

    I was when I said removing downed state was a bad idea. And I've been suggesting for over a year to cap downed state to 7 seconds.

    Then be more mindful of what you type out...

    “WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.”

    Also, a good or bad player is not defined by down state mechanics. That’s a poor generalization and assumption on your part.

  • Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Justine.6351 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    I am in favor of seeing a ton of "gimmick weekends". We get three things for this:

    • It interferes with people's expectations, creating new opportunities for game play.
    • Any change to WvW generates some buzz and the game mode needs it.
    • It gives ANet (and the community) a chance to try out different things. We might find that we like some of this, or hate some, or it might inspire us (or ANet) to consider other potential changes to the game.

    For me, only a single weekend isn't that interesting. Better would be 6 months with 10-12 different "gimmicks."

    Or do we have a weekend of more “1 shot” and 3 second multiburst kill builds to complain about, and even more rage about the broken condition system?


    I’m all in favor of double xp, rewards and stuff... but removing comeback mechanics is not something I can support given the current profession designs and state of combat for competitive modes.

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    That’s an elitist comment... be grateful that we have players playing at this point.

    WvW lost a ton of great players due to neglect of the mode and professions and a whole lot of other stuff... It’s short sighted of you to think that down state complaints have brought us to this point, or have had any substantial impact on the current state of wvw.

    And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

    Be more objective.

    I was when I said removing downed state was a bad idea. And I've been suggesting for over a year to cap downed state to 7 seconds.

    Then be more mindful of what you type out...

    “WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.”

    Also, a good or bad player is not defined by down state mechanics. That’s a poor generalization and assumption on your part.

    No, but they are frequently carried by it...

    Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

  • dragontree.8092dragontree.8092 Member ✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    I agree with the op. Being able to be rezzed by team mates or pugs when you're outnumbered or the enemy is siege humping can turn a fight around. Also having to run all the way back from spawn because keep is tapped and down state was removed would make things very difficult for smaller groups fighting in siege or fighting against larger numbers. Anet please spend your time improving wvw instead, on bringing out alliances, if you must bring attention to wvw, bring the double xp weekend back or double reward track or skirmish tickets instead, something that's actually useful thanks!

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    "No AC..." or other "no X siege" weekend... So when your side is outnumbered, and your team can't defend a structure properly (because, ya know, it's that gimmick weekend), chances are players will log out and not bother...

    You lose all credibility with this statement alone. PPT means nothing! Only thing that players play for are fights and not getting ac'd down. That's why a lot of players quit. A no AC weekend would be amazing. You sound like a guy that sits in a tower all day using siege. You have to be a zombie to play like this.

    No downstate weekend is a dope Idea. It's just a weekend and I hope they do more weekends like this since this game is boring atm.

    No AC weekend = FUN

    EU/NA merge weekend = DOPE

    No AOE cap weekend = LETS GO

    All the while getting more WXP/Magicfind with new players playing? How can you not want that? Jesus!

    There should be a special weekend events more often. This game needs spice

    Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

    WVW LEADER

    VR

  • beatthedown.2651beatthedown.2651 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    Some players will always be resistant to any changes. Even for small, limited time events. WvW zerglings are probably the worst offender in that regard. If Anet is ever going to start implementing the planned features I really hope they don't take all feedback too seriously since it will be at least 50% whining.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    @beatthedown.2651 said:
    Some players will always be resistant to any changes. Even for small, limited time events. WvW zerglings are probably the worst offender in that regard. If Anet is ever going to start implementing the upcoming features I really hope they don't take all feedback too seriously since it will be at least 50% whining.

    Removing a core gameplay mechanic isnt a small change. Thats like saying delete guardians from the game for a weekend, people will be resistant to such a small change, all this whine.

    Either way if the datamined no downstate weekend is real, I suppose it could be interesting... for a weekend. Otherwise, I think its part of what makes GW2 just GW2 and should never be removed. Changed? Why yes, of course. Even the small changes over the years have improved the way downstate works 10 fold.

    All it will lead to is more extremes anyway. Only viable builds will be 1-shot cheese or super bunkers (or your average spellbreaker).

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • geist.9173geist.9173 Member ✭✭✭

    Please more gimmick weekends.

    There is still time to change the course of history.

  • Heibi.4251Heibi.4251 Member ✭✭✭

    If this is real I can't wait for the all Deadeye zerg. I'm sure it's been thought of for this. The whole zerg just waits in stealth and shoots the other zerg as it passes. Instant 40+ dead on the other side. I'm sure it will be fun for all(Sarcasm intended).

    No downstate is a tremendous advantage/incentive for large/huge zergs. The larger servers will win the week by even more. I'm pretty sure many players will quit playing for that weekend after a few one shot loses. Having a good fight is always the best.

    A better gimmick would be once you die you are automatically ported to spawn and can't exit for 2 minutes. As a consolation all bags that dropped while you were in transit are given to you, but you are stuck at spawn. Zombie mode would be slowed down for sure.

    Henge of Denravi Commander
    CA/CH/HOD/AIR

  • Warkind.6745Warkind.6745 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd be more excited if the attention WvW got was something interesting being added instead of a feature being taken away.

    I don't really want the game mode to become an oversimplified version of sPvP.

    All is vain.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    @Heibi.4251 said:
    If this is real I can't wait for the all Deadeye zerg. I'm sure it's been thought of for this. The whole zerg just waits in stealth and shoots the other zerg as it passes. Instant 40+ dead on the other side. I'm sure it will be fun for all(Sarcasm intended).

    no worries that is not realistic, coordinating the targets in such a large group and shooting them in the right order without bodyblock is pretty much impossible on a moving zerg. better try it with some AoE like a 50/50 holo + scourge zerg, prestack stealth etc.

  • Speaking as a commander, it is not gona be fun, it will be the opposite.
    Do the people who even make these dumb events take into consideration how out of balance many classes and builds are in WvW?

    Ah well, cant wait for overpowered builds to hit my blobs face..not gona talk about commander focusing.

  • starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Justine.6351 said:

    Because instead we should continue to see large groups of subpar players running down enemy players with zero threat of death because downed state is their second 3xhp health bar defense.

    WvW lacks good players with good play because bottom line downed state carries far harder than it should.

    The downed state isn't the problem, its the generousness of Rally triggers that cause the whole thing to snow ball. Its designed for small scale PvP, and has collateral benefits in PvE, and exists to encourage players to cover downed team mates. But like a LOT of things about this game's combat systems, they weren't designed to naturally diminish on scale.... so what we have is a mechanic with a very high force multiplication, and no upper limit on how it performs.

    The previous change to prevent res from dead while in combat was meant to address the backline power rezing dead players caught in the AOE bombs. What I can foresee already is an even bigger shift toward AOE stun locks, and a possible return of some pirate ship, as there isn't going to be enough confidence in smaller groups to charge and tackle a larger group. And I'm 100% positive that there are going to be a huge uptick in attempts at driver sniping. If anything, this is going to be a major game changer for Roamers, and front liners to take more minstrels.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Arctisavange.7261 said:

    ..not gona talk about commander focusing.

    yeah... mentioned it earlier.

    Two DEs or two rangers will create a ton of havoc for players.

    Might be a good time to command on an asuran female at the shortest height possible..

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    This is what EotM should be for not wvw bls. Fix EotM to have grinding maybe even mounts and do the x weekend effects. Throwing rng into wvw week to week is going to realty throw things off.

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Jski.6180 said:
    This is what EotM should be for not wvw bls. Fix EotM to have grinding maybe even mounts and do the x weekend effects. Throwing rng into wvw week to week is going to realty throw things off.

    What's it going to throw off? It's for one weekend. lol give me a break bud. wvw isn't even serious so who cares.

    Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

    WVW LEADER

    VR

  • Tiny Doom.4380Tiny Doom.4380 Member ✭✭✭

    I agree with the OP. If there's a need to test a serious proposal that the devs would hope to add permanently then fine but if it's not good enough to be made permanent then we shouldn't have to put up with it temporarily.

    I appreciate a lot of people who post here are bored with WvW and probably don't play it much (or at all). To those people a funny gimmick may seem like a reason to pop back into WvW for an hour or two. For the people who already enjoy the gameplay and care about the result - which on all three servers I have accounts on would appear to be the majority in the time zone I play - gimmicks like this are at best an annoyance and quite likely a complete turn-off.

    I also agree that if you want to try comedy routines that might attract a lot of interest from people who aren't invested in WvW, or who don't care about the match results or their personal statistics, EOTM is the perfect place to run such events.

  • Shining One.1635Shining One.1635 Member ✭✭✭

    I'll enjoy no downstate for a weekend, especially against those Elementalists who hug structures so they can escape into them.
    Long term, I'd like to see downstate nerfed for outnumbering groups and buffed for outnumbered groups.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shining One.1635 said:
    I'll enjoy no downstate for a weekend, especially against those Elementalists who hug structures so they can escape into them.
    Long term, I'd like to see downstate nerfed for outnumbering groups and buffed for outnumbered groups.

    It will also take away the stomp interrupt skills and the Necro carry downstate. So yeah.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

  • Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    @Celsith.2753 said:

    @Swagger.1459 said:

    And if you don’t know, down state mechanics also help smaller groups survive too, and give an extra chance at recovering... as opposed to being obliterated by superior numbers.

    Be more objective.

    You lost all credibility right there. The poster you quoted was quite correct with his comment regarding bads being carried and no amount of being offended will change that. Stop confusing truth with elitism please, it's unhealthy and toxic.

    I lost nothing... Think a bit deeper about down state mechanics, why they exist for the game and how combat unfolds.

    The only things unhealthy and toxic are posters who don’t think things through.

  • hunkamania.7561hunkamania.7561 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    Downstate is OP these days especially when transfusion, MI and illusion of life are in play. Don't forget about mist form. Don't die and you'll be fine. You cry about these one shot classes yet, they're glassy and also can get popped ez pz so people crying about one shot builds can give it a rest.

    Ferguson's Crossing Server Leader

    WVW LEADER

    VR

  • neven.3785neven.3785 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 25, 2018

    I think this is a great feature. As a player who's been almost solely wvw for gw2s existence, it can be stale at times if people don't join in. These weekends will bring numbers in as long as they are rotated sufficiently and stay weekend only. Golem week was awesome for the first 2 days, then it sucked for the next 5 days, so it looks like anet learnt their lesson in regards to time frame. Moving these weekend events to eotm is useless, those people don't fight they just want to cap empty objectives.

    Maybe a three week rotation is in order with a random gimmick for each:
    Wxp bonus weekend
    Reward track bonus weekend
    Karma bonus weekend

    It's not about the viability of making something a permanent change, it's about changing things up for a couple days. Take off your mercy runes and enjoy it with the other people who aren't drivers being sniped. As a glass player, I'll be definatly upping my vitality a bit for this as it means i can't coordinate a Rez when I overextend to generate downs

    Gimmicks could be:

    No downstate
    No fortified objectives
    Perma quickness
    Quaggan keep lords that shoot baby quaggan projectiles
    Bloodlust buff scaling character models.
    Aftershock (damages all gates and walls 15% every 30 min)
    Double playerkill rewards
    Champion sentries
    No superior or guild siege
    No shield gens
    No AC
    Ruination (triple xp killing people in ruin areas)

  • Blockhead Magee.3092Blockhead Magee.3092 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

    Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

    Those crazy outnumbered guys just won't die fast enough!

  • Crazy.6029Crazy.6029 Member ✭✭✭

    Just a prediction of what will happen. The pin snipes and cheese builds come out to play and then after the commanders die a few times they say F this and tag down. No zergs. Since there is a lot of those that only zerg for various reasons and they make up a large portion of players, a lot will not play for the weekend, so basically you will end up with just pugs k training empty towers. The roamers will have a little more action but it wont be quite as satisfying. The downstate offers for smaller groups a chance to turn the tide in a fight since most have a cc in there downstate arsenal. So tossing out that crutch CC to turn the tide instead they just lose that player and the group wipes = unhappy players. I'm not a big fan of the downstate in its current state. I like how it can offer a chance to help yourself or your team out but it just last to long. Somebody sitting in downstate for 30 secs while doing damage and tossing out CCs because you busy with those that are alive is to long. There needs to be a time limit to it, i'm not sure how long it should be but there should be one. So my prediction is there will be a lot of dissatisfied players, but hey there already is so.... guess ill dust off my ranger and put together something for fun :)

  • Firstly, I'm OK with downstate in PVE. But I'm not a fan of downstate in any PVP mode. It helps the bigger group far more than the smaller group in PVP.

    Going down should be a penalty, not a boon. In some cases, a bad player going down helps their group more than being alive. For example, a low-damage-dealing Ele goes down, you try to stomp bc he gives splash heals, does CCs/buffs if left alone, the Ele mist forms, you chase to stomp, taking lots of damage or go down yourself, but you chase bc you want to make the enemy group have 1 less player and less boons. So you take more damage while trying to stomp instead of the damage that downed enemy normally dealt you/your group.

    But..

    If downstate has to exist, I'd like to see these changes:

    1) Rezzing downed players should be 2x-3x slower. Does it make sense that the stomp animation cannot finish off a downed player so long as 2 or more enemies are rezzing him? Make rezzing slower, bc there should be a penalty in attempting to rez, i.e. take more damage. Rezzing slower will make rezzing a real 'choice', not a no-brainer. Even I abuse rezzing my allies bc I'm very tanky, but I don't mind if it becomes harder.

    2) Downstate should be an equal penalty for all. All classes should have the same 4 skills in downstate, no excpetions. It's downstate, a penalty, so NO class should have better downstate skills than another. Ele's mist-form downstate#2 is especially annoying, probably the best downstate utility skill. They go down, but they are guaranteed safety bc they can enter structures, or run back to be rezzed... and you can do nothing about it save a few lucky immobs. And even if immobbed, they take no damage in mist form. Really Anet? Ele's downstate mist-form used to be downstate-skill#3 at launch, why change it to #2?

    3) As many suggested, downstate should not last ~30seconds, it should last 5-10seconds, if no rez or rally, then dead. Again, downstate is supposed to be a penalty, not a boon.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Pin sniping will happen. Break out your nomad / minstrel guards.

    Down state has seen changes over the years: rally is now 1:1 vs 1:5, can't Rez dead while in combat.

    Personally, I don't care. I'll pin snipe, or Rez. Either way, I'll adapt.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • @Blockhead Magee.3092 said:

    @Shagaliscious.6281 said:
    I would like to see a "no superior AC" weekend, if that weekend lasted forever.

    Not a fan of people attempting to defend their structures? Or is this another "They wont come out and fight us!" request?

    Those crazy outnumbered guys just won't die fast enough!

    No, it's the fact that like 4 people can stop an entire zerg from even getting in a structure with sup ac's. Maybe just reduce the damage they do to other siege. Literally 2 sup ac's can melt a catapult. Doesn't bode well for small havok groups that don't have the supply capacity to build 2 shield gens to negate the ac fire.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.