what if the gods are actually the villains? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

what if the gods are actually the villains?

sorudo.9054sorudo.9054 Member ✭✭✭✭

i was writing some lore about a race before the gods and thought, what if the gods are not as "good" as described.
what if the gods are actually the ones who invaded this planet and took it for them self, killing of the superior race on this planet and wiped the slate clean so they can build a history without the original race.

Tagged:

Comments

• ...and that was how Jessica discovered that the forum emojis do not include the Upside-Down Smiley.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jessica Price II.9813 said:
    ...and that was how Jessica discovered that the forum emojis do not include the Upside-Down Smiley.

:'(

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

@Jessica Price II.9813 said:
    ...and that was how Jessica discovered that the forum emojis do not include the Upside-Down Smiley.

I take it that phone emojis don’t show up?

🙃

@sorudo.9054 said:
    i was writing some lore about a race before the gods and thought, what if the gods are not as "good" as described.
    what if the gods are actually the ones who invaded this planet and took it for them self, killing of the superior race on this planet and wiped the slate clean so they can build a history without the original race.

That would be an interesting twist.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

@sorudo.9054 said:

Wait, you are saying the Human Gods are NOT the villains? What?

• Oldirtbeard.9834Oldirtbeard.9834 Member ✭✭✭✭

That doesn't make sense though, the previous races declined on their own after the last Dragon Cycle.

“The only watchmaker is the blind forces of physics.”
    ― Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

• @sorudo.9054 said:

We know that there are races predating the gods' arrival, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well the gods have come off as pretty... selfish with the latest development. They dropped Humans on Tyria and have now just abandoned them? Some gods.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.