[HoT spoiler] Eir — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[HoT spoiler] Eir

How and why did you decide that Eir had to die in HoT? Were there other characters that you planed to kill off in her place?

Tagged:

Comments

• As a Norn main, Eir's death hit me as hard as Dobby or Fred Weasley death from Harry Potter.
    Why? Unexpected.

Norn main
    Loves Ice Maps

MakeNornGreatAgain

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭

Yep eir was killed off but kinda feels like Zojja was too since you've got a whole LS3 and part of LS4 and an expansion where there is nothing said about her other than send her a post card. Makes me wonder if she took over the inquest and has some kind of asuran plant technology to bring people to life after strangling them with a giant golem plant arm.

• @foozlesprite.8051 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:
    Zhaitan - 0
    Mordremoth - 1
    Balthazar - 0 (he came close, but couldn't close the deal)

Zhaitan - 1

RIP Tybalt, the most important character.

(It feels that way to me, at least, but I don't actually disagree with your comment.)

I still wear my Tybalt backpack to this day.

"Samnang.1879" said: "dont need to watch anime its not necessary"

• I still feel like Destinys Edge has a score to settle with Kralkatorrik, with Eir most of all, and if anything it’s a shame she won’t be able to go to bat for that one.

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here, but considering that this guy is still alive and flying, and this was Destiny Edge’s goal, it still gut punches me that shell never get her round two.

• Konig Des Todes.2086Konig Des Todes.2086 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ardid.7203 said:
    Ok, let me be a little harsh here.
    Eir 's death was very good in terms of timing and impact. However, in terms of execution it didn't feel appropriate for the character at all. This is a personal, subjective opinion, of course, but I know for sure it is shared with a lot of other players. Why wasn't Eir's death more heroic, more stoic, more Norn?

I felt it was very stoic and norn, but I do think a lot of people's "complaints" would have been availed if she just charged the Vinetooth rather than stood defiantly.

• Rognik.2579Rognik.2579 Member ✭✭✭

This might be getting close to the wire, but can you discuss any of the plotlines you had considered for Eir's future if she hadn't died? I know we're all curious about Magdaer, but what else might she have done if she had survived the jungle?

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@foozlesprite.8051 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:
    Zhaitan - 0
    Mordremoth - 1

Zhaitan - 1

(It feels that way to me, at least, but I don't actually disagree with your comment.)

It occurs to me Faolain might bring Mordremoth's score to 1.5 or 2, depending on how important you feel she is.

• @foozlesprite.8051 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:
    Zhaitan - 0
    Mordremoth - 1

Zhaitan - 1

~sniff~ He was awesome and I miss him!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.