Request your fashion makeover - it's free!

Are you a vet player who is bored with nothing to do but wants a fresh take on your characters? A makeover will do the trick.

Are you a budding sylvari who wants to set out your first journey in style? Same with you, little boys and girls, and you, fresh cubs, tiny progenies and future legends? If that is on your mind, come try a makeover.

Are you with a budget, or shooting for a new luxurious goal, or money is no object to you? With thousands of skins and color combinations in the wardrobe, I'm sure there is something for everyone.

If you say **YES** to any of the above but aren't sure how to beat this fashion game, consult your style, here. It's **FREE** !!!

But how can I take your words? I hardly know you. What if I don't even like your styles?

• Alright, an introduction is in order. My name is Iris. I've been playing Guild Wars for years and devoted myself to the Fashion Wars. For that purpose, I have unlocked around 90% of the skins and dyes in game. I build a GW2Style profile here: gw2style.com/profile.php?id=884. For those outfits without fancy photoshoots, I've stored them in my imgur account with thousands of screenshots to date. You can see a few sneak peaks of my style progression over the years 2014, 2015-2016, 2017-2018.

Ok, I'm intrigued. How did you come up with that massive amounts of outfits? Are you an altholic?

• Hahaha, no! I only have 18+1 characters. In an average, I made three new characters per year of gameplay content. GW2 begins in 2012, you know. I take a lot of inspirations from both in and outside the GW universe and in the process, I materialize a thematic character. I like to sketch them a new outfit . All that creativity needs an outlet, but I can only change my characters' outfit for like 6 times a year at most and when the best things are determined, the rest become obsolete...

So, what do you actually mean by free makeover? What's the purpose of this thread?

• Very simple. You post here the look you already have or want to have in mind. Give me some details about his or her theme/history/personality/background, or even better a mood board or reference photos- whatever tickles your RP fancy. Then you request whichever help you want me to work on, for example, alternative armor pieces, polishing the dye department, matching weapons, etc. I'll do my best to fulfill your request or at least meet them halfway.

Nice, what's the catch?

• Ha, glad you asked. Everybody can participate: You can request a makeover and you can help others out, too! BUT, please keep your interest genuine and respect others' aesthetic choice. Such as, please don't post for the sake of humble brag and make sure your critiques gently on the constructive side.

Congratulations, you have made it to the end of the wall of text. If you have any comments, speak or forever hold your peace leave them below. Let the requests begin and may the best man/woman win!

Hey, im surprised this thread isnt more popular. I've always struggled in the fashion wars department ,i feel its the one game-mode in GW2 i havent quite gotten to grips with yet.My main is a Charr Necro. At character creation, i was kind of going for a scary death-worshipping tribal shaman type deal. I thought he looked cool at the time. The skull earrings were from character creation in 2012. I am a vet player and have access to a good portion of the skins in the game but i would be prepared for you to throw in some of the more expensive stuff and i can work towards it as a goal.I like the ancestral armor set as a whole. I run that from time to time when im in the mood. The arah looks is my first real attempt at Fashion Wars 2. A tribal look but still carrying the scary necro vibes. My biggest problem is the dyes imho, i think dark greens and blacks are too cliché for necros so id love for you mix it up for me here. Change the armor pieces too if you want. The pants piece is the CoF set coz it gives a flaming tail which is cool as fudge. Wish you could dye the flame colour tho.Personality-wise, I consider Mkkoll the Charr Necro to be a bit of an outcast, still firmly clinging to his tribal charr roots and can sympathize and understand flame-legion mentality more-so than your average 'enlightened' charr. If you want more angles or more context...fire away.EDIT: I spent alot of time at character creation on Mkkoll's face. Probably about an hour just on the face, the horns, the eye direction and horn curve etc. I've grown very attached to him and i truly feel he is part of my identity within the game. I feel his outfit leaves something to be desired though, its not unique enough. We can totally ditch the 'necro'-ness of the toon if needed, i feel his identity is more as a tribal charr, and the necro part is kind of secondary, although the themes do kind of go hand in hand? Ideally, he would be a believable character within the world, but not one that would blend in. Hopefully he can stand out somewhat. But not like Rasman-the-Boss levels of standout... My eyes they burn

Mkkoll 1Mkkoll 2Mkkoll 3

Hey, this is a great idea and thanks for sharing with the community! I am a returning GW2 player who was hugely invested in the original GW and I have an lot of interest in improving my character's style but don't even know where to start. I have almost nothing unlocked style-wise but love the idea of pursuing the greatest fashion pieces across Tyria. As far as tidbits about my character I would probably want something leaning functional and aggressive but want to keep a feminine aesthetic. I am a Condi Mesmer Sylvari with Axe-Torch and Axe-Sword/Pistol and would have interest in keeping those weapons as well as my class/race but otherwise pretty much anything is fine. I would avoid Gem Store exclusives if possible but its fine if you can't.

As a side note I had a huge love for the dervish class in Guild Wars 1 but I don't know how much that can really come across on Mesmer especially since I don't often use a staff.

258eb4d481.jpg

b55ed1751d.jpg

@"Noobix.3958" said:(snip)My main is a Charr Necro (...) kind of going for a scary death-worshipping tribal shaman type . A tribal look but still carrying the scary necro vibes.

My biggest problem is the dyes (...) dark greens and blacks are too cliché. The pants piece is the CoF set coz it gives a flaming tail which is cool as fudge.

Personality-wise, an outcast, still firmly clinging to his tribal charr roots and can sympathize and understand flame-legion mentality (...)

EDIT: I spent a lot of time at character creation on Mkkoll's face. I've grown very attached to him and i truly feel he is part of my identity within the game.

Ideally, he would be a believable character within the world, but not one that would blend in. Hopefully, he can stand out.

From what I gather, you don't want to change your charr too drastically in terms of facial feature. He has a strong identity. You're still attached to the Flame Legion pants, so we keep that as a starter (3 looks) then completely ditch it because I think your necro can be cool without that fiery bit (2 looks). Your necro has a dark red fur so I want to keep the color palette on the warm side: tarnish brown, rust red, warm gold, muted sage green, and ashy black. I added the Hellfire gloves to make the fiery tail more cohesive:

• first choice: Tribal mantle, second choice: Olmakhan mantle2wNV74G.jpg

• feeling more tribal? Southsun maskAqUd9Up.jpg

• third choice: Avian mantle5QkOuQO.jpg

Now let's push it a bit further. How's about some creepy cannibalistic tribal style - pallette: bone white, fleshy pink, rust red, dirty grey-green, straw gold

• Harlequin mask, foefire wrap0InlIR6.jpgwith [mordrem cleave]ZxCXE25.jpg

• Halloween set, with Severed DaggerJs4PlHZ.jpg

Edit: Images

@"ziad.4270" said:Your cosplays look pretty good, especially the Catwoman and Megaman. Would you make a Miku black rock shooter cosplay? Would be interested to see what you come up with. :)

Hey, unfortunately, there is the lack of the iconic hair of Miku that makes it hard to make an identifiable cosplay. The rest of the outfit is quite simple and already slightly overused in GW2.UZp8c3Z.jpg?1

@"Lt Westfield.6059" said:Hey, this is a great idea and thanks for sharing with the community! I am a returning GW2 player who was hugely invested in the original GW and I have an lot of interest in improving my character's style but don't even know where to start. I have almost nothing unlocked style-wise but love the idea of pursuing the greatest fashion pieces across Tyria. As far as tidbits about my character I would probably want something leaning functional and aggressive but want to keep a feminine aesthetic. I am a Condi Mesmer Sylvari with Axe-Torch and Axe-Sword/Pistol and would have interest in keeping those weapons as well as my class/race but otherwise pretty much anything is fine. I would avoid Gem Store exclusives if possible but its fine if you can't.

As a side note I had a huge love for the dervish class in Guild Wars 1 but I don't know how much that can really come across on Mesmer especially since I don't often use a staff.

258eb4d481.jpg

b55ed1751d.jpg

My dervish cosplay is for light armor, so you definitely can use it for mesmer. The Sunspear axe looks like a short handled scythe so it wouldn't look too weird on your character. The tricky part is your sylvari mesmer. Do you have any inspiration? any favorite color? favorite weapon skins? Anything manages to impress you ingame? Are you open to change up hair/skin color? How many percent organic (aka. planty leafy clothes) do you want to keep?

Cl6Oljg.jpg

@Iris Ng.9845 said:

@"Lt Westfield.6059" said:Hey, this is a great idea and thanks for sharing with the community! I am a returning GW2 player who was hugely invested in the original GW and I have an lot of interest in improving my character's style but don't even know where to start. I have almost nothing unlocked style-wise but love the idea of pursuing the greatest fashion pieces across Tyria. As far as tidbits about my character I would probably want something leaning functional and aggressive but want to keep a feminine aesthetic. I am a Condi Mesmer Sylvari with Axe-Torch and Axe-Sword/Pistol and would have interest in keeping those weapons as well as my class/race but otherwise pretty much anything is fine. I would avoid Gem Store exclusives if possible but its fine if you can't.

258eb4d481.jpg

b55ed1751d.jpg

My dervish cosplay is for light armor, so you definitely can use it for mesmer. The Sunspear axe looks like a short handled scythe so it wouldn't look too weird on your character. The tricky part is your sylvari mesmer. Do you have any inspiration? any favorite color? favorite weapon skins? Anything manages to impress you ingame? Are you open to change up hair/skin color? How many percent organic (aka. planty leafy clothes) do you want to keep?

Ooh good questions, I am not stuck to leafy though I do enjoy leafy. I think it fits towards the feminine aspects pretty well. Color wise I enjoy brighter colors in general, I dislike oranges, browns, and reds but it would be hard to pinpoint a favorite. I do like gold and silver in moderation and Greens, Blues, and purples are all great. Weapon skin favorites I have no clue and am super open to ideas as I dont really know what all is out there. I have been impressed by some of the Stone like dragon wing back pieces and I really enjoy some of the space/astral themes I have seen. Plus the Guild wars 1 zodiac set was one of my favorites.

Hopefully that gives some direction, but I am really open to most things, and even if I don't personally use it perhaps someone else that sees it on here might pick up the design :)

P.S. I would love to see your take on a sylvari themed devish set if such a thing exists :)P.P.S skin color can also be changed, really anything about the physique just not the race itself.

Heyo, this looked like a cool idea so I thought I'd give it a shotI'd say Im a relatively new player, playing off and on again in PvE for the past 2 years. With basically all of that time was spent on my one Male Sylvari Elementalist (Now Weaver).

I'm trying to go for a sort of honorable/dignified soldier or knight kind of look as I'm a Sword/Dagger Weaver. Also with him being a high-commander and all, that has served in countless battles against the elder dragons and such. But has done so formally and honorably, not like a bloodthirsty charr. So armour that is strong, sleek and formal.

In terms of what I'd like to change I don't want to change my actual character (such as face, hair, skin etc) , as even though I just use the generic face, I've spent so much time with this character I couldn't imagine changing him in that way. So I'm just really looking to change the armour and/or dyes into something more fitting to the style. I'm not really looking to change the weapons, since I really like how they look. But if you think changing the weapons could really help the look I'd be open to it.

Screenshots

Hey friend, just want to say that I appreciate the service in advance ;)

I've been really struggling these past few years (on-and-off again player) with finding a style I like for, what is essentially, my main Charr Warrior. I've been everywhere, from barely-clothed fighter or superheavy spikey boy. Here's a picture of what I'm rocking right now, and while I think it isn't in a terrible place, there are some things I'm still pretty dissatisfied with. For weapons, I pretty much just stick to GS (Twilight), and switch up my weapon swap based on what spec I'm using. Spellweaver is what I'm using at the moment, but it changes between that and berserker pretty much every other week.

Let's start with what I DO like. I'm not a particularly big fan of (most of) the charr heavy headpieces, so I've just stuck to wearing the Mistward Headwrap since, well, HoT came out IIRC. And I do like it. If there were a central piece to my set, I'd say it'd be that blindfold. I do like the whole "Intimidating Mist Knight" vibe, or something like that. As if this character were some hardened, veteren warrior that was sent back to the world from the afterlife to exact justice.

Aside from that, I do sort of like the Glorious Pauldrons (mostly because of their symmetry), but I'm not too attached to them TBH so they can go if needed. As for everything else... well, I'm going to have to disagree with the common understanding of "Business in the front, Party in the back", because, as my chestpiece illustrates, I am clearly all party in front, and all business in back. Suffice it to say, I'm unhappy with the breastplate. Leggings seem a bit too flashy for me, the gauntlets look like they weigh 100 pounds, which I'm not a fan of, and the struggle to find charr heavy boots that don't look like sneakers is very, definitely real. Also, I'm not a very clever man when it comes to coloring my armor, so I stuck with the bland approach and made everything black and white (same with my fur (screenshot here)).

Like I suggested above, some sort of "otherworldly veteren knight" is I guess what I'd like to go for. Not so much "spikey boy" with what I'm getting in the Warband Hauberk, but something more angular, I guess. Cleaner looking, but still something that looks like it's sturdy and protective. Any gauntlets that go along with that look and don't make it seem like my arms are twice as big as normal are fine. Leggings and boots that aren't over-the-top flashy, but add a bit more to the design, and more detail for the knees. Absolutely see what can be done about the color scheme. I know that my character's fur is pretty much black and white, but I'm interested in seeing some more interesting colors instead of looking like I'm playing on a TV from the '40's.

Some more screenshots:Outside w/ Twilight drawnSame, but without clothes (lewd ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Let me know if there's anything else you need! Screenshots, better descriptions, or reference pictures; you name it, I'll get it. I know the description of what I'm looking for is kinda vague, but for the life of me I can't think of anything to reference it on. I suppose this is where creative expertise comes into play. Thanks again!

I had to write here. I've been trying to find a good armor mix for my heal firebrand, Anima, but with little success. I've tried a lot of things but I never find something I really like : ( So I would appreciate any kind of help. She's a krytan guardian, part of the Vigil, with a calm and compassionate personality -but she's also fierce and passionate about protecting innocent people, that's why she took the healer path. But she will cross your face if you disrespect her. She has some Canthan ancestry, that's why she sometimes wears the Ancestral Outfit, but outfits end up being boring if I use them too much time.

What would I want? Primarily, help with armor skins -and maybe with dyes, too. Her color is black -but she's a healer, so I don't want her to look very shadowy (I've tried to write another word but the forum censores it lol). I've been swinging between celestial and shadow abyss for quite a long time. I'm open to suggestions. The only thing I can say is that she doesn't like skirts -she's a healer, she beats big and scary monsters, so she can't wear skirts.

You can find some screenshots here

That's a very cool idea @Iris :) I would love it if you could help me with my main character! I'm struggling with finding "the look" which would fit her perfectly... I often change things but at the end it never feels perfect.I'll start with a little description of my main. Xydri is a tyrian necromancer, who recently traveled to Elona and discovered desert necromancy. So for now, she is a scourge. She has a very dark skin and black, straight hair. I don't want to change her body or face. I have a perma hairstyle contract, but I prefer hairstyles with black and straight hair, because that's how I already described Xydris hair for RP purposes. Other than that, I don't really care which hairstyle I use.Characterwise she is a good person, kind, loyal and brave. Still, she is rather grumpy ^^ Her biggest interest lies in necromancy of course, mainly death and scourge magic.I often cannot decide how do I prefer her... I'm teared between:

1. tribal necromancy-like outfit, with bones, feathers and so on;
  2. normal town clothes, elegant but modest.The first option is cooler, the second often fits better when I'm roleplaying... Maybe something in between would be an option? :/About my own preferences:
  3. Dark colors, fitting the necromancer style. Here I have a huge problem, because I'm not sure about the right hue of the colors... For me red fits the vanilla necro and green fits the reaper. I thought a sandlike color like beige would be perfect for scourge, but at the same time I would prefer to keep her outfit dark-themed, since bright colors don't go very well with her very dark skin :/ But actually I'm pretty open to everything, I know that I suck at choosing colors.
  4. I like desert-themed outfits, but it's not a must have.
  5. I prefer trousers over skirts, but it's not a must have. Light armor skins are mostly capes and skirts anyway... :(
  6. I have no freaking idea about weapons.
  7. I don't really care that much about the costs of the skins, as long as they are accessible right now.Okay, now I realized I don't make it easy for you, since I deliver very little information. But maybe you have some favorite scourge looks which you would like to share with me. I do appreciate every kind of advice or council.PS please forgive me any grammar mistakes I might have made!

Here two screenshots of my last two outfits:https://imgur.com/a/em1hytDhttps://imgur.com/a/4LzyVMm

I just finished unlocking the [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero's_armor](T3 WvW AKA Mistforged medium set) and I'm having a lot of difficulty using it for a new look for my Ranger, or even just dying it, especially because one of the dye channels in the chest piece changes the colour of the aura. At the very least I want to use the chest piece so I can show off the aura, and while I'd prefer to use the full set (minus the silly facemask helm) I'd consider the other pieces to be non essential/negotiable so if you figure out some pieces that aren't part of the set that look good with them that's totally fine.

For reference as to what I'm currently wearing these are my ranger's 2 current outfits, the one on the right primarily focused on luminescent pieces where I was going for a more mystical/naturey look is the healer/druid set and the one on the left with a more leather based look using the Marauder coat/legs as the key pieces is my soulbeast dps set. At the moment I use Astralaria and The North Wind as my Axe/Horn with the Druid set and a rotation of whatever staff skin takes my fancy, and I use Caithe's Bloom and Glittering Torch + Ponybow with the soulbeast set. They're very different sets/looks so I'm not tied to anything in particular, and don't mind if I end up with something that's either similar or different to these.

Basically I'm looking for a cohesive look with the Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Brigandine (what a mouthful) as the chest piece. Any dyes or skins go.

Thanks.

@"BananaHalla.4902" said:Hey friend, just want to say that I appreciate the service in advance ;)

Let's start with what I DO like. I'm not a particularly big fan of (most of) the charr heavy headpieces, so I've just stuck to wearing the Mistward Headwrap since, well, HoT came out IIRC. And I do like it. If there were a central piece to my set, I'd say it'd be that blindfold. I do like the whole "Intimidating Mist Knight" vibe, or something like that. As if this character were some hardened, veteren warrior that was sent back to the world from the afterlife to exact justice.

Aside from that, I do sort of like the Glorious Pauldrons (mostly because of their symmetry), but I'm not too attached to them TBH so they can go if needed. As for everything else... well, I'm going to have to disagree with the common understanding of "Business in the front, Party in the back", because, as my chestpiece illustrates, I am clearly all party in front, and all business in back. Suffice it to say, I'm unhappy with the breastplate. Leggings seem a bit too flashy for me, the gauntlets look like they weigh 100 pounds, which I'm not a fan of, and the struggle to find charr heavy boots that don't look like sneakers is very, definitely real. Also, I'm not a very clever man when it comes to coloring my armor, so I stuck with the bland approach and made everything black and white (same with my fur (screenshot here)).

Like I suggested above, some sort of "otherworldly veteren knight" is I guess what I'd like to go for.

Hey, I gotta say I appreciate the detailed explanation - which really helps me figure things out at much quicker pace. So let's jump into the fray. I'd like to present a few sketches in the order of my reference and let me know which you'd like then I can work out on polishing the dyes.

• My best choice would be the Warbeast set: very underrepresented, huge presence, not subtle at all (why be? when you're a charr). The metallic dyes great even with some bogus dyes:

3KMcc0E.jpgvzqeg4q.jpg

• Alternatively, swapping out the chest because holy, I love the Halloween chest piece on charr:W32pEym.jpgSwapping out gloves and leggings to slim his figure down a bit:IT9vGLd.jpgoa2sqET.jpg

• Same chest as above, but go for a more believable, modest appearance, allowing to go with other big backpack/weapons for less clippings:L5k3Ycj.jpg

• Keep the Glorious shoulders, go for a more stately appearance:wORECN6.jpgthe back detail is the all time favoritecr3yCrV.jpg

Edit: Images

@"Poobah.6254" said:I just finished unlocking the [https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistforged_Triumphant_Hero's_armor](T3 WvW AKA Mistforged medium set) and I'm having a lot of difficulty using it for a new look for my Ranger, or even just dying it, especially because one of the dye channels in the chest piece changes the colour of the aura. At the very least I want to use the chest piece so I can show off the aura, and while I'd prefer to use the full set (minus the silly facemask helm) I'd consider the other pieces to be non essential/negotiable so if you figure out some pieces that aren't part of the set that look good with them that's totally fine.

For reference as to what I'm currently wearing these are my ranger's 2 current outfits, the one on the right primarily focused on luminescent pieces where I was going for a more mystical/naturey look is the healer/druid set and the one on the left with a more leather based look using the Marauder coat/legs as the key pieces is my soulbeast dps set. At the moment I use Astralaria and The North Wind as my Axe/Horn with the Druid set and a rotation of whatever staff skin takes my fancy, and I use Caithe's Bloom and Glittering Torch + Ponybow with the soulbeast set. They're very different sets/looks so I'm not tied to anything in particular, and don't mind if I end up with something that's either similar or different to these.

Basically I'm looking for a cohesive look with the Sublime Mistforged Triumphant Hero's Brigandine (what a mouthful) as the chest piece. Any dyes or skins go.

Thanks.

Are there some screenshots for your current look? It's hard for me to figure out based on description of the items alone.

@serena.7405 said:That's a very cool idea @Iris :) I would love it if you could help me with my main character! I'm struggling with finding "the look" which would fit her perfectly... I often change things but at the end it never feels perfect.I'll start with a little description of my main. Xydri is a tyrian necromancer, who recently traveled to Elona and discovered desert necromancy. So for now, she is a scourge. She has a very dark skin and black, straight hair. I don't want to change her body or face. I have a perma hairstyle contract, but I prefer hairstyles with black and straight hair, because that's how I already described Xydris hair for RP purposes. Other than that, I don't really care which hairstyle I use.Characterwise she is a good person, kind, loyal and brave. Still, she is rather grumpy ^^ Her biggest interest lies in necromancy of course, mainly death and scourge magic.I often cannot decide how do I prefer her... I'm teared between:

1. tribal necromancy-like outfit, with bones, feathers and so on;
  2. normal town clothes, elegant but modest.The first option is cooler, the second often fits better when I'm roleplaying... Maybe something in between would be an option? :/About my own preferences:
  3. Dark colors, fitting the necromancer style. Here I have a huge problem, because I'm not sure about the right hue of the colors... For me red fits the vanilla necro and green fits the reaper. I thought a sandlike color like beige would be perfect for scourge, but at the same time I would prefer to keep her outfit dark-themed, since bright colors don't go very well with her very dark skin :/ But actually I'm pretty open to everything, I know that I suck at choosing colors.
  4. I like desert-themed outfits, but it's not a must have.
  5. I prefer trousers over skirts, but it's not a must have. Light armor skins are mostly capes and skirts anyway... :(
  6. I have no freaking idea about weapons.
  7. I don't really care that much about the costs of the skins, as long as they are accessible right now.Okay, now I realized I don't make it easy for you, since I deliver very little information. But maybe you have some favorite scourge looks which you would like to share with me. I do appreciate every kind of advice or council.PS please forgive me any grammar mistakes I might have made!

Here two screenshots of my last two outfits:https://imgur.com/a/em1hytDhttps://imgur.com/a/4LzyVMm

Based on what I read, you still haven't figured out which fashion direction that you want to commit. I gather that you want (and perhaps, love) your character straight hair. A word of caution though, your neat hair choices in the screenshots don't fit well with a bold, aggressive 'necro of death' theme. Maybe straight hair but more ruly, with accessories and a side shave? I have some different looks of my scourge on GW2style, let me know which one impresses you the most and we'll go into that direction. All of them are sort of femme-fatale in their own way.

• [Regal, dignified Warmarshal]http://imgur.com/S7GtGT8.png

• [Rich Vabbian Noble]http://imgur.com/hidC70I.png

• [Awaken Scourge of Joko]m0IotjU.jpg

• [Tribal Shaman]UAClSZ5.jpg

• [Dominatrix Catwoman]JMut6QG.jpg

• [Elonian Hedgewitch]. The hood looks good when she's on mount, and you can take it off to show her hair for RP.ela8F0q.jpg

@"nia.4725" said:She's a krytan guardian, part of the Vigil, with a calm and compassionate personality -but she's also fierce and passionate about protecting innocent people, that's why she took the healer path. But she will cross your face if you disrespect her. She has some Canthan ancestry

The only thing I can say is that she doesn't like skirts.

She has a good basis but she looks like she's mourning. I bolded some keywords that give her a unique flair. We'll stay away from black color so her hair stands out more. I know you don't like skirt it would be a crime not recommending this classic regal guardian armor combo. It has some Canthan flair with the decoration while keeping the Krytan heritage strong within the jousting knightly appearance. If you insist, it still looks fine with the current Whisper leggings https://imgur.com/mVvHQlQ. Or the Ornate Guild leggings (technically a skirt) https://imgur.com/jFY38e7. Something else that is strictly business but manages to be still interesting https://imgur.com/MlFAZZGThe demo color pallete: Vintage Silver - Mesa - Glint Isolation - Eerie Purple is mainly neutral with swappable tone and accents.

604SGCv.jpgV6hmgOW.jpgmVvHQlQ.jpgjFY38e7.jpgMlFAZZG.jpg

@"Lt Westfield.6059" said:P.S. I would love to see your take on a sylvari themed devish set if such a thing exists :)P.P.S skin color can also be changed, really anything about the physique just not the race itself.

I was intrigued so here is my best shot at the cosplay attempt. Turns out pretty decent even though the dyes can use some polish once the set is transmuted. With the mirage axe. Tormented axe. Tormented torch. Probably more believable with the scythe.

UYmHaHP.jpgSfEEo8D.jpgsJTMov3.jpg

@"starcam.8450" said:Heyo, this looked like a cool idea so I thought I'd give it a shotI'd say Im a relatively new player, playing off and on again in PvE for the past 2 years. With basically all of that time was spent on my one Male Sylvari Elementalist (Now Weaver).

I'm trying to go for a sort of honorable/dignified soldier or knight kind of look as I'm a Sword/Dagger Weaver. Also with him being a high-commander and all, that has served in countless battles against the elder dragons and such. But has done so formally and honorably, not like a bloodthirsty charr. So armour that is strong, sleek and formal.

In terms of what I'd like to change I don't want to change my actual character (such as face, hair, skin etc) , as even though I just use the generic face, I've spent so much time with this character I couldn't imagine changing him in that way. So I'm just really looking to change the armour and/or dyes into something more fitting to the style. I'm not really looking to change the weapons, since I really like how they look. But if you think changing the weapons could really help the look I'd be open to it.

Screenshots

I didn't forget you, my friend. It's just that I don't have a sylvari like you and my free key slot is rather occupied at the moment. Give me some time to get back to you for your look.

@"starcam.8450" said:Heyo, this looked like a cool idea so I thought I'd give it a shotI'd say Im a relatively new player, playing off and on again in PvE for the past 2 years. With basically all of that time was spent on my one Male Sylvari Elementalist (Now Weaver).

Screenshots

I'm not Iris but I can help!! You have a beautiful strawberry 'vari by the way. He is very unique - no need to change him at all!Sounds like you want to look pretty regal and shiny while still being functional. I really like keeping most of my sylvari close to their planty roots (hehe), so barring cultural armor you could try matching armor pieces to the Carapace top. (I don't have a plantman, only plantwomen, so I can't entirely test for myself.) The Leystone top also looks pretty snazzy to start. If you wanted to go really far down the functional path you could start with the Seer set; if you wanted to go really far down the dignified/regal path you could start with the Aurora set; and since plant armor is the most functional armor for sylvari, if you want that, try a mix of all three cultural sets. I'm thinking Orchid pants and boots, Dryad or Snapdragon top, and shoulders and gloves are your choice. (Nightmare is nice but too frilly for your tastes, I think.)

I tried as hard as I could to suggest things that look nice in red and green - hope I could help!!

@"nia.4725" said:I had to write here. I've been trying to find a good armor mix for my heal firebrand, Anima, but with little success. I've tried a lot of things but I never find something I really like : ( So I would appreciate any kind of help. She's a krytan guardian, part of the Vigil, with a calm and compassionate personality -but she's also fierce and passionate about protecting innocent people, that's why she took the healer path. But she will cross your face if you disrespect her. She has some Canthan ancestry, that's why she sometimes wears the Ancestral Outfit, but outfits end up being boring if I use them too much time.

What would I want? Primarily, help with armor skins -and maybe with dyes, too. Her color is black -but she's a healer, so I don't want her to look very shadowy (I've tried to write another word but the forum censores it lol). I've been swinging between celestial and shadow abyss for quite a long time. I'm open to suggestions. The only thing I can say is that she doesn't like skirts -she's a healer, she beats big and scary monsters, so she can't wear skirts.

Hi! Just here to give my perspective. My Dragonhunter is a sylvari, but I think some of her armor combination might look really nice on your Firebrand, especially dyed in Canthan and/or Vigil colors. She has a buttcape - but no skirt! The style is pretty spiky but I think it still works for your purpose. Try Phalanx top/Mistward pants/Arah boots - shoulders and gloves are your choice, as the ones I use are maybe a little too connected to my DH being well, a DH. Also, human cultural armor works for you and not for me. :tongue:

As for colors? You can try to copy Vigil dyes - Abyss and/or Iron mainly, with Dust or Fog accents. Or if you really want to go full Cantha, try to mix red and/or green dyes with golds like (my fav) Matriarch Brass. Or you could even blend the two; e.g. Vigil colors with red accents as a nod to her Canthan heritage. Since you're using heavy armor I'd recommend shelling out if possible for a couple of the fancy Enameled dyes that might not be traditional metallic colors but work on metal extremely well.

Hope I could help with this!