Right-click cause leaving fullscreen

Helloi have 2 monitors, and since begin sometimes my game minimized and my mouse appeared on second monitor, i didnt know why

Now i see, when i go with mouse to edge of screen near to the second monitor, and when i click fast many times right click in mouse, i can leave the game with mouse

iam using classic "Full Screen" , no windowed, i can repeat this any time.

can someone please confirm this behaviour ?

I've found something similar, although not exactly repeatable. Windows 10 Pro, GW2-64, using just the Windows "spread the desktop across both screens" feature, no third-party software involved. And I'll be doing something busy, and the mouse will exit GW2's "locked" area (it's normally locked to GW2's display by GW2 itself) and GW2 gets minimised and a desktop right-click menu appears.

EDIT:

• hypothesis: GW2 locks the mouse to (-1,-1):(1920,1080(1)) or something like that. For complicated and entirely invalid reasons, my "second" display is to the left of my "first" display, so if the mouse gets a click when it is at -1,something, that lands outside the game's window, on the second screen's desktop.
  • hypothesis: the "lock" functionality isn't fast enough to always catch the mouse if it tries to exit the lock area, and clicks might leak onto the edge of the desktop.

(1) My screen is 1920x1080.

@"Alchymista.8192" said:Helloi have 2 monitors, and since begin sometimes my game minimized and my mouse appeared on second monitor, i didnt know why

Now i see, when i go with mouse to edge of screen near to the second monitor, and when i click fast many times right click in mouse, i can leave the game with mouse

iam using classic "Full Screen" , no windowed, i can repeat this any time.

can someone please confirm this behaviour ?

OMG, I get this too! I still haven't figured exactly how to reliably reproduce it, but it usually happens once or twice a session - of course typically while in a fight!

Win10 x64. dual 1920x1080 mons, nvidia card & drivers.

so to describe more:i am using Win8.1 64bit, with latest updates, gpu is AMD HD7870 also with latest driversyesterday i asked guys in WvW team chat, and i was surprised 2 of the guys could reproduce the issue too, one of them said he has nVidia GPU.

iam using the Fullscreen mode, no windowed, guys in team chat said it was happening only in fullscreen mode, in both windows modes it was fine.game is running only in one monitor with 1440p resolution, other one is with full hd.

i cannot use windowed mode because iam using amd crossfire

i tried to switch one thing in setting, which made left mouse button work same as right button in way of rotating camera, and i could reproduce it also with left button

iam not using any 3th party, software, any addons, nothing..

can someone here reproduce the issue same way as i do ? fast right clicking and moving mouse makes it leave game in fullscreen

thanks

Ok, reproduced it:

1. (Assumes GW2 is fullscreen in left-side monitor)
  2. In GW2, move mouse pointer to far right edge of screen - far as it will go (in my case, the pointer is almost entirely hidden underneath the plastic bezel of the monitor)
  3. Double right-click OR left-click mouse while sliding mouse further to right.
  4. Approx 1/3 of time, the mouse-click will cause the switch out of GW2 screen and the mouse moves to the right-hand monitor.

@"TheAgedGnome.7520" said:Ok, reproduced it:

1. (Assumes GW2 is fullscreen in left-side monitor)
  2. In GW2, move mouse pointer to far right edge of screen - far as it will go (in my case, the pointer is almost entirely hidden underneath the plastic bezel of the monitor)
  3. Double right-click OR left-click mouse while sliding mouse further to right.
  4. Approx 1/3 of time, the mouse-click will cause the switch out of GW2 screen and the mouse moves to the right-hand monitor.

Ah, got it... The "capture" thing that keeps the mouse inside the GW2 window(1) doesn't work while the mouse button is down... That explains why it is easy to reproduce when you are clicking away like a mad thing, but not when you are just running around.

(1) Even in "full screen" mode, GW2 has a window underneath the rendered display, but above all the other windows. It is needed to prevent mouse clicks from reaching other programs.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Hair Composts.7062" said:This thread is over 2 weeks old now. Is there any known fix? I got this problem for ages, just always thought it was caused by some other program stealing the focus and i could not see which...

I think there are two different problems. Focus-stealing can happen any time (even when you aren't even touching the mouse OR the keyboard), and affects anyone. There are programs that can be set to watch focus transitions, and therefore tell you what stole the focus. Google something like which program is stealing focus to find them.

There is also the problem that's being discussed here, where you can end up with the mouse escaping from the GW2 display if:

• You are in Full-Screen mode, AND
  • You have more than one screen, and your desktop is spread across more than one of them, AND
  • You are doing something "busy" and heavily "clicky", especially near the edge of GW2's screen.

GW2 normally traps the mouse in its screen, but there's a small fault in that logic if you try (not necessarily by intent) to escape from the trap while you are pressing a button. If you do that, the pointer can (a) get outside the GW2 trap and (b) transfer the click to the desktop or whatever's running on the other screen, which gives focus to the other window, and takes it from GW2, at which point GW2 minimises itself. One thing that can eliminate the minimising is to switch GW2 from "Full-screen" to "Full-screen (Windowed)" (dunno, it might be "Windowed (Full-screen)"), although this comes at the price of removing the trap as well, making it easier for GW2 to lose focus.

The Video above my post exactly shows what happens when i play fracs/raids, basicaly everytime a bossfight gets hasty. i have jet to test if i can reproduce it like that. This is from what i understand a bug in the game(?)

On the other hand i found a focus monitoring tool that i have to test. if this is the case, some software on my pc is at fault and i can fix it myself.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I am still having this issue and its now Sept 2021. It can be easily produced with just two monitors; if your main monitor is the left one, in fullscreen mode, just take your mouse to the mid height but far right to the screen and right click, just like the video. You will be teleported to desktop. And so far I've not proper fix unless you want to rearrange your screens vertically temporarily in windows while in gw2 but thats a hassle as you'll need to switch it back afterwards. 

• 1 year later...

Hey by the way. This issue is still very real, however I've found a quick fix solution. (It works for me anyways) if you go into display settings and drag your secondary monitor under the first, it seems to fix the issue entirely. I couldn't even recreate the issue after doing this. However this issue has been going on since at least 2013.

There's a brief moment when you release the camera where the cursor isn't locked to the screen. If your cursor is near the edge of the screen when you move the camera and you drag the cursor towards the next screen while releasing the camera, your cursor is going to appear outside of GW2 at which point clicking will cause GW2 to lose focus. (applies to both DX9 and 11)