Printing the Wallpapers allowed ? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Printing the Wallpapers allowed ?

I'm wondering if I am allowed to print out the wallpapers (or other art) from the website for personal use (just gonna put it on my wall). I rly love the art (and let's not forget the music too) in this game I don't wanne break any laws.

Tagged:

Comments

• Silvatar.5379Silvatar.5379 Member ✭✭
    edited April 6, 2018

Copy and pasted from their Content Terms of Use : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

I'm interested in using Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 art on a website, application, in a project, or on a Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 or ArenaNet fansite. What is your policy regarding copyrights and trademarks? May I use ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2 and/or Guild Wars content, such as images, text, sounds, or video?

Yes, you may use our content-that is images, text, video and audio files-within the following parameters:

**The content must be used in a non-commercial context for private, personal use only** (i.e. not for use by a company)
        You must include all copyright and other notices associated with the content
        You acknowledge and agree that no title nor any other form of ownership to the content has been or will be transferred to you from ArenaNet nor from anyone else
        You agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or in any other way modify the content
        You agree that you will not present the content as officially sanctioned or professionally associated with ArenaNet
        You agree that ArenaNet has the right to require removal of our content at any time, for any reason

Hope that helps :)

• Draxjon.1790Draxjon.1790 Member ✭✭

@Silvatar.5379 said:
    Copy and pasted from their Content Terms of Use : https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-content-terms-of-use/

I'm interested in using Guild Wars or Guild Wars 2 art on a website, application, in a project, or on a Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 or ArenaNet fansite. What is your policy regarding copyrights and trademarks? May I use ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2 and/or Guild Wars content, such as images, text, sounds, or video?

Yes, you may use our content-that is images, text, video and audio files-within the following parameters:

**The content must be used in a non-commercial context for private, personal use only** (i.e. not for use by a company)
        You acknowledge and agree that no title nor any other form of ownership to the content has been or will be transferred to you from ArenaNet nor from anyone else
        You agree that you will not alter, disassemble, decompile, reverse-engineer or in any other way modify the content
        You agree that you will not present the content as officially sanctioned or professionally associated with ArenaNet
        You agree that ArenaNet has the right to require removal of our content at any time, for any reason

Seriously friend, Thank you so much! So if i understood it right (my english isn't the best) I am allowed to print and hang it on wall just for me and i am not allowed to sell it or edit Wallpaper :)?

• Yes, exactly.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

Huh? Who or how is anyone going to find out if you did do this?

• Silvatar.5379Silvatar.5379 Member ✭✭
    edited April 14, 2018

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:
    Huh? Who or how is anyone going to find out if you did do this?

It happens. Copyright law can be difficult to enforce but when a company decides to make an example out of someone, it can end up costing that person his or her life savings...and then some! Nothing wrong in being careful, or educating oneself when unsure about something. In fact, its commendable.

• @Draxjon.1790 said:

@Silvatar.5379 said:

Seriously friend, Thank you so much! So if i understood it right (my english isn't the best) I am allowed to print and hang it on wall just for me and i am not allowed to sell it or edit Wallpaper :)?

That is correct. The emphasis is a personal and non-profit (not selling, trading, etc.) use. What you described fits the intentions perfectly. I hope you enjoy the art!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.