[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rashagar.8349 said:

@Headcase.4618 said:What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

No no, I do hope they won't be bringing up another non-GW1 legend like they did with Kalla. Even if that would somehow justify bringing Scepters or Focuses for Revenant.

Since most of the people here, myself included, seem to be hoping for the Greatsword, here are some amazing options for Legends with some actual background that would work very well with it;

-Turai Ossa: Great option, lot of history and lore in the background, already wielded a sword.-Jora: A character whose history is sadly forgotten by many in GW2 so bringing her up would at least make Norns seem more relevant as a race, also mighty warrior who wielded a blade.-Devona: Similar arguments as Jora although not being a Norn. She walked with us through whole GW1, would be more than happy to see some of that to be brought back again.-Dhuum: The previous god of death, would make awesome option for another darker themed Revenant besides Mallyx. His profession was Dervish and since Revenant's upkeep skills are reminiscent of that class, it would be a logical choice for a Legend.-Balthazar: Fits for Revenant perfectly, wielded a Greatsword rather than just a sword, anyone who has played the story will understand why. Perhaps even the best choice among all of them.

I really, desperately want Owl to be the new legend we get to channel.

Just riffing on this idea a bit more because brainstorming is fun.

Thematic effects could include:Chill (snow owl/norn connection)Blind (hunts by night)Fear (using the owl screech -> ghosts/banshee connection)Knockback (winds)/knockdown (pounce)Charge/swoop (wings)Swiftness (favourable winds theme)Cleanse/resistance/stability of some kind (need some way of representing wisdom)Stealth (silent killers)

Weapon options that would make sense:Daggers (similar to soulbeast reasoning, talons)Warhorn (screeching)Greatsword (actually works somewhat thematically since owls kill with a single heavy blow rather than lots of scratches, plus there's a bit of precedent with this being how the ranger gets his swoop. Bad thing being focusing on chills and blinds was kind of reaper's gs shtick, so adding mobility to that is a bit of a kick to them.)Mainhand axe (similar thinking to greatsword but can be paired with an offhand)

But if people want a burst kill kind of power build then channeling the power of a giant flying predator that kills in a single strike makes some amount of sense.

@LucianDK.8615 said:All you greatsword lovers, answer me this. You calling for GS because you want to play with Twilight?

Guardian's animations for scepter looks like trash. And heavy armor users wielding the same weapon as Harry Potter doesn't feel better. Plus scepter would be (in theory) a ranged weapon, which means low damage. You seriously want a Renegade 2.0?

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Dawn Wulven.1485

Next will be a Norn Elite spec:Turai Ossa - GS https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Turai_Ossa wich IMO should HAD BEEN the PoF elite rather than the charr.Eir Stegalkin - Longbow (i dont onw pof, so i dont recall for sure wich is short or LB is from PoF campain elite spec).

I would prefer Turai IMO, and Turai is already late...

I like this. I never played gw1 nor do i have interest in the lore. But i lile this. Make it happen.

Would love to get Scepter as a new ranged weapon. Or GS for ranged combat like Mesmer.

Or even better: double dagger as (mid) range power weapons, swirling around you and attacking your enemies from distance.

I mean let's say we'll get Ritualist as new elite: what weapon would fit?

I would rather get some evil characters as the next legend. We have enough good guys; We have one real evil dude which is Mallyx (Shiro in guild wars 1 nightfall, repents for his sins after finding out abbadon tricked him.)

The norn-bear ( Aka svanir): He was jora's brother and the first to give into jormag, he felt powerful and brought a sense of dread to all of the norn because he was powerful enough to clash with destroyers and come out ontop. Out of all the minions of the dragons we faced through out the first game he will always be the one who felt the most terrifying as he was a mixture of all the norn forms and infused with the power of the ice-dragon. In all forms he was a werebeast and this could let us turn into the norn bear and fight fire with fire; You could have roars of power (Shouts) as utilities and when you took on your norn bear form you could have your weapon skills change into a homage to the Ursan,volfen ect forms you got in guild wars one. Thus bringing back in some form the ursan build that we used to run ALOT before its nerf.

Spirits of the wild as a whole: They are neither good nor evil; And again we could incorporate the idea above for this very concept. (albeit less corrupted and dark) You get shouts each corelating to different animal spirits and when you use your f2 -5 skills you take on the form of one of the spirits.

Abbadon/menzies or dhuum: Any of these fallen gods would take the cake as being optimal for the job; But Frankly Im sick and tired of human crap in this game as we literally deal primarily with them and sylvari shenanigans. Adding them could be cool but I feel like once more it would give the shaft to some of the other races; Menzies being balthazars brother could really suck in the war gods theme but in a darker sense. ( He led the shadow army and always had the upper hand over his straight forward brother. He also lacked any and all sense of honor.) Dhuum seems unlikely as he is a raid boss. And abbadon Im unsure of because as FAR AS WE KNOW he is deader than dead..... I dont know if he is in the mists or what.

Razah: Could be cool I dont know what he would bring, but it would be cool to see him again.

The lich: ( The end boss of vanilla guild wars 1) He would be interesting as he did kind of set things in motion; He became a winged demon of death and destruction as well enslaved the titans.

Varresh Orsa: The evil descendant of turai who led the demons to unleash abbadon and the main threat outside of the fallen god himself, she was powerful and ruthless as well she became some demonic being toward the end. Which means killing her only sent her hurtling back into the realm of torment/the mists , so logically she could be a good choice for a legend but.... I dont know how I would feel since we have already been to elona and we got Kalla (Why, god why.)

Asgeir Dragonrender: He PUNCHED JORMAG in the mouth and stole his fang, and was blessed by all the spirits of the wild. If any good norn deserves to be a legend its this guy; Could have the ability to use spirit based abilities linked to their deities perhaps even just physical skills. (Like wild blow) Have his nature be that of a barbarian warrior with war cries and powerful blows; He was said to use a spear but Greatsword would work really nice with him.

Jora: I mean.... I dont need to explain it, I just am not sure I would really like it... as to me she is not as legendary as Asgeir.

Kanaxai: A demonic being from guild wars 1 who was different from the others; Could be cool to see him again (Especially if we go to factions.) https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Kanaxai

There are alot of good guys on this list but frankly as I stated above Rev was seemingly at least to me intended to be our death knight of sorts; A dark warrior using dark magic to fuel his power. Or at least "Old" magic from ages long since forgotten, the fact that we seemingly channel only the good guys who have died seems to be a theme and I dont particularly like it. I mean alot of the villains we have faced have EXPONENTIAL power that rivals the ones we face; I would love to see for example us channel the nornbear and rush through joko's undead army. Using the power of corrupted nature but using it for good; Fighting fire with fire and using dark magic to overcome evil as we subjugate those villains we have faced to serve as our fuel. That's why I love mallyx so much as a legend, he is the ONLY one who really does not like being channeled and seemingly dislikes us. He is here against his will lending his power to us despite his objections to us using it; Claiming he will consume us from within or that the demons of torment will hound us until we release him.

And then our Rev's being like "Shut up fool, I am not afraid nor do I care for your threats."; It's so much more interesting than us pulling power from say ventari who is all for it in a green-peace like fashion. Could you imagine having abbadon as a healing spec? (He was the god of water.) And using his dark power to protect and heal allies, all the while he is struggling with your will as he wants nothing to do with it? It would thematically set the rev up to be a bit more.... dark... Which we need as necromancer at this point is the only true "Dark" class.

I doubt we can channel balthazar as all of his power was consumed by Krak and Aurene, as well when a god dies they cease to be until the pantheons spot is filled. So We would probably have better luck channeling whomever took his place which kormir all but confirmed; I don't feel like him being a legend for the rev would be fitting either seeing as we dealt with him for a long, long time.

I'd like to see axe as a ranged main hand weapon. But not as a throwing weapon like rangers use it. I'd like to see the abilities work like axe 5. The revenant uses the axe to cut the boundaries of reality and uses the resulting rift to attack. With the right traits and maybe the condition changing mechanic the trident has, it could work for both power and condition builds.

I chose "Other" because I think some weapons get unduely much love and others just don't because the developers don't get creative enough! As such, I would rather have a Dual-wielding opportunity for a Focus or a Torch, just to juicen up the possibilities!

@NaiveBayes.2587 said:Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for (spoilers ahead) others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal. (spoilers end) any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

Can't disagree more. Balthazar for the win! (shouldn't have been reconfigured as a villain in the first place!)

@ARIAKAS.3658 said:

@NaiveBayes.2587 said:Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for
(spoilers ahead)
others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal.
(spoilers end)
any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

Can't disagree more. Balthazar for the win! (shouldn't have been reconfigured as a villain in the first place!)

except you can't do balth since hes a god and therefore has no imprints in the mists to invoke, especially now that he's dead and his magic has been dispersed or consumed there is literally nothing revs can use to channel him

A good metaphor for this would be the ocean. When a person does something in the ocean it makes a ripple that continues oon for basically forever, where the god is a part of the water itself and cannot make the ripple by itself

• 2 weeks later...

Dagger/focus and give us razah or perhaps something akin to a warlock/occultist with us using dark magic to destroy our foes.... Id like to be able to become something like my wow warlock over here, ID never go back to WoW if I could just be all gul'dan over here.

@LucianDK.8615 said:All you greatsword lovers, answer me this. You calling for GS because you want to play with Twilight?

Actually, no. Although I do have Eternity (thus Twilight), I have several other skins I actually prefer to it and have actually transmuted my legendary since.

But thanks for over-generalizing and stereotyping me. Stay classy.

• 1 year later...