Mysterious Mists Traveler, anyone? (Zeghai of the Lost) — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Mysterious Mists Traveler, anyone? (Zeghai of the Lost)

Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited May 9, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

So, there are three new weapon skins + 1 inscription sold by said person. Saw the NPC earlier in Rata Sum, but now they are gone.

Anyone detected a pattern of their travel route yet?

P.S. These are the skins: Mistcleaver, Mistrender, Mistbreaker (check your wardrobe storage)

Comments

• Drecien.4508Drecien.4508 Member ✭✭✭

Maybe it's the lost revenant weapons we never got.

30 Beautiful new mount skins?! Anet take my money!

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

Oh that line in the late notes intrigues me, anyone know more about it?

• @Ashantara.8731 maybe help the discussion out a little by describing the npc - race, gender, name tag etc

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭

@Drecien.4508 said:

They are. An Axe, a Mace and a Hammer respectively.

• Charrbeque.8729Charrbeque.8729 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018

@Drecien.4508 said:

Indeed they are.

Judging by the wiki the axe is craftable, but no info yet on how to get the recipe or the 'Revenant's Inscription' needed to craft them.
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistcleaver
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Mistcleaver

Edit: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revenant's_Inscription Recipe for the inscription for the ascended Mistward Axe is now on the wiki. (No source of where to get the recipe yet, but probably soon.)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistrender No indication the mace can be crafted.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistbreaker Same for the hammer

So far the wiki only has some crafting info for the axe, though it's still incomplete. The pages for the axe and the recipe were updated/created today. Give it time for people to update the wiki as they find more info. Maybe Dulfy will have a guide eventually.

This mysterious NPC must be new. Hopefully they did give us a way to finally get those Revenant beta weapons. Last I saw quite some time ago, a dev explained they somehow lost the files on these weapons and would have to rebuild them from scratch.

Data mined info from That_Shaman https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8hy2a1/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_may_8_patch/

It seems they are finally making the Mistward Revenant beta weapon skins available. Was hoping for a Mistward Sword skin too. Oh well.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 8, 2018

@RiverStyx.3276 said:
    @Ashantara.8731 maybe help the discussion out a little by describing the npc - race, gender, name tag etc

I wish I could! I only remember seeing the name while rushing by, then later another player told me this was the NPC for said new/old weapons (that player got the recipe for the Cleaver). Hmph...

Edit - This was their location: Department Of Arcane Eye POI.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistrender No indication the mace can be crafted.

All three can be crafted, there should be no doubt about that. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@RiverStyx.3276 said:
    @Ashantara.8731 maybe help the discussion out a little by describing the npc - race, gender, name tag etc

I wish I could! I only remember seeing the name while rushing by, then later another player told me this was the NPC for said new/old weapons (that player got the recipe for the Cleaver). Hmph...

Edit - This was their location: Department Of Arcane Eye POI.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

All three can be crafted, there should be no doubt about that. ;)

I know. I meant the wiki hasn't been updated yet to indicate it can be crafted. Sorry for the confusion.

• kroof.5468kroof.5468 Member ✭✭

I'm guessing that this NPC changes around capital cities every so often. I'm still looking XD

edited May 9, 2018

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    I just created https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zeghai_of_the_Lost on the wiki based on reports here and on reddit. So that folks can begin consolidating findings.

Went to Rata Sum and nothing. Went back later to the POI mentioned on the wiki and there he was. Along with like a hundred other players LOL https://imgur.com/a/0tH1l87

He only had 1 recipe though. People say what he has for sale changes depending on spawn location.

People had waited hours for him to show up at the Grove and Rata Sum.

Edit: He seems to stick around longer than the 5 minutes some people have claimed.

Edit 2: Just noticed in the chat window that it seems I learned the 'Revenant's Inscription' recipe when I learned the Miscleaver recipe.
    https://imgur.com/a/AZAVrDn

edited May 9, 2018

Thanks for all the elaborate info. Anyone seen Zeghai of the Lost since Hoelbrak?

• Zaxares.5419Zaxares.5419 Member ✭✭✭

Wiki is reporting that he popped up at Sculptor's End in Malchor's Leap. Based on what Charrbeque mentioned earlier, I now suspect that Zeghai has a list of fixed locations that he rotates through, staying 30 mins each time. We just never spotted him before because people were looking in cities and areas closely linked to the Mists.

The big question now is whether or not his list of locations includes areas in HoT and PoF...

@Zaxares.5419 said:
    Wiki is reporting that he popped up at Sculptor's End in Malchor's Leap.

If he was, he is already gone. :(

• Azure The Heartless.3261Azure The Heartless.3261 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 9, 2018

Thanks Arenanet devs for finally dropping these in game for us.

[Charr Noises]
    [Plays every class]
    [JUST GIT EVEN GUDDER ITS FINE]

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaxares.5419 said:
    I now suspect that Zeghai has a list of fixed locations that he rotates through, staying 30 mins each time.

So you're saying that his real name is Nicholas The Traveler?

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Zaxares.5419 said:
    I now suspect that Zeghai has a list of fixed locations that he rotates through, staying 30 mins each time.

So you're saying that his real name is Nicholas The Traveler?

Clearly he is descended from Nicholas, but instead of going easy like his ancestor did the guy wanted to make us work for our weapons.

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

• Just bought the hammer recepie Mistbreaker from this guy he was in the graveyard in Stronghold of Ebonhawk close to the heropoint. Got the inscription atomatic learning the recepie. Was just selling the hammer and only there for a very short time.
    Didn´t realy know what i was buying until i started google it ;)

• See this thread on Reddit for more hunting details:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8i2os7/the_revenant_weapons_are_back_need_to_find_the/

• The mysterious mist traveller seems to be on a 2 hour rotation spawning 10 minutes before (game's) dawn and despawning 10 minutes after dawn. The recipes seem to change on each spawn, i.e. he remains about 25 minutes at each location.
    • He can appear anywhere: specifically, he's been in Rata, Grove, Sculptor's End (in Orr), gendarren fields/Stonefish beach, etc

In game, someone says it's both dawn & dusk, so more like 25 minutes out of every hour.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

Just another goldsink, keeping players wp'ing around in the hope they land in a lucky shard. Completely unwarranted farce and darn right infuriating waste of time imo.. just place the traveller in set locations for a set day like with PoF... otherwise it's just sillyseason all over again.

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Have anyone seen him on EU side at all?

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would like to quote that_shaman from twitter: "Zeghai has gone from "interesting mystery" to one of the most frustrating things in months. If you can't find a single NPC in half an hour with over 150 people (3 full squads) combing every single inch of a map because "f-yeah time gated RNG" there's something very wrong with it"

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if he appears with a Merchant icon on the map?

edited May 9, 2018

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    Have anyone seen him on EU side at all?

Yes, me, the OP. ;) You don't think ANet would limit content to US servers, do you?

@Zushada.6108 said:

Good question! I wish I had paid more attention when I passed him by last night. I was like, "Oh, okay, I'll check in with you later, bye!" ;)

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Reading all the comments, i am sensing an ill thought out implementation here. The idea is cool in principle, but it sounds like they forgot to factor in the fun on this one.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Jenny.7806Jenny.7806 Member ✭✭

He's at Applenook Hamlet WP in Gendarren Fields right now. And yes he has a merchant icon over his head, but I don't see it on the map

• Jenny.7806Jenny.7806 Member ✭✭

He's at Dept of the Arcane Eye in Rata Sum right now

edited May 9, 2018

@Zushada.6108 said:

Nope. When he was in Rata Sum there was no special icon on the map, which makes finding him around the game even more difficult.

They should make his icon appear on the map like the Pact Supply Network Agent, so when you enter a map you can see if he is there and where exactly he is located in the map. They should also make him work the same way, where he has a fixed location each day. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Seriously. He seems to be able to spawn literally anywhere in the game from the sounds of things, and it's completely random where and when he spawns.

In Rata Sum he was there at least 25 minutes. I went to The Grove to wait a while for him to show up after posting in this thread about it, and everyone from Rata Sum came there a few minutes later and mentioned he was in Rata for about 30 minutes or so. After over about 45 minutes of waiting in The Grove I gave up and logged out.

I've seen some people in Rata and Grove say they'd been waiting for a couple hours or so for him to show up. It's crazy I tell ya.

seems to me that is in a single spot of his possible locations every hour. And if noone has been able to find him, its probably because its an undiscovered location.

edited May 9, 2018

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:

Nope. When he was in Rata Sum there was no special icon on the map, which makes finding him around the game even more difficult.

They should make his icon appear on the map like the Pact Supply Network Agent, so when you enter a map you can see if he is there and where exactly he is located in the map. They should also make him work the same way, where he has a fixed location each day. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

Seriously. He seems to be able to spawn literally anywhere in the game from the sounds of things, and it's completely random where and when he spawns.

In Rata Sum he was there at least 25 minutes. I went to The Grove to wait a while for him to show up after posting in this thread about it, and everyone from Rata Sum came there a few minutes later and mentioned he was in Rata for about 30 minutes or so. After over about 45 minutes of waiting in The Grove I gave up and logged out.

I've seen some people in Rata and Grove say they'd been waiting for a couple hours or so for him to show up. It's crazy I tell ya.

Thank you. When I found him in Diessa Plateau, I couldn't see because the Catmander tag was right on top of him on the map. :-) FYI to folks, I got the Hammer recipe there. I also meant to mention, the wiki is ambiguous about the location. He was standing on the rocks northwest of the waypoint & east of the North Nolan Hatchery POI (above "Town of Nolan" on the map).

Im seeing an interesting comment on the wiki:
    During every spawn, one of the below items will be offered. The recipes rotate in a 3-hour cycle, starting with Recipe: Mistbreaker (0:15), Recipe: Mistrender (1:15) and Recipe: Mistcleaver (2:15).[verification requested]

The good part is, you can bounce from map to map atm and just look for a mentor/commander tag and follow to herd to him. :-D

Mistbreaker can now be gotten from the graveyard in ebonhawke in fields of ruin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mistbreaker#Available_prefixes

Is that it? Only 3 options for stat selection? And they're ascended items. Probably can't be placed in the mystic toilet to stat swap to something more preferable either.

If their expectation was that players would only want these for the skins, they would have been better off selling them in the gem shop, or at least make them black lion chest exclusive skins.

If I were to craft an ascended weapon, I better be able to have the exact stats I want, even if I have to stat swap it in the mystic forge. It seems kinda pointless to not only go through all the trouble of finding the NPC to buy the recipes, but all the gold and materials spent to craft it only for it to be completely useless due to no way of having the stats you want.

If it can at least be placed in the mystic forge that would be worthwhile. Confirmation from someone who has crafted one of these weapons would be nice. They don't have to actually stat swap it, just see if it can be put in the mystic forge to swap stats and let the community know about it.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

Is that it? Only 3 options for stat selection? And they're ascended items. Probably can't be placed in the mystic toilet to stat swap to something more preferable either.

Yes, they certainly can, since they are ascended. I have not yet met an ascended item that couldn't be transformed (except the breathing apparati). You can swap stats with all of them, including collection items.

edited May 10, 2018

Yes, i can confirm it can be placed in the toilet, just crafted mistbreaker
    I think Mistbreaker is the winner of the 3.

edited May 10, 2018

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Charrbeque.8729 said:

Yes, they certainly can, since they are ascended. I have not yet met an ascended item that couldn't be transformed (except the breathing apparati). You can swap stats with all of them, including collection items.

Thanks folks. It seems to be worthwhile to continue pursuing. :)

Oh and, the Caladbolg weapons can't be stat swapped in the mystic forge. You'd have to trade in the weapon plus 1k unbound magic to Ridhais in your home instance if you want different stats for it, or want a different type of the weapon without having to craft it. I got the greatsword and found it couldn't be placed in the mystic forge at all, regardless if it was transmuted to a different skin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regrown_Caladbolg

The funny thing was, I went to trade in the greatsword for another greatsword to get different stats, but the original weapon wasn't taken from me, so I wound up with 2 Caladbolg Orchidas with different stats selected. It did take my unbound magic. This was a while ago and I /bugged it in game since I was under the impression I was suppose to lose the weapon. No idea if it was ever changed though.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zeghai_of_the_Lost#Notes

According to ArenaNet Developer, Myranda Pendragon, "If no one is in the map when his time to spawn comes up he wont spawn".

A good reason why the NPC should have a fixed location, even if it changes location multiple times a day. If nobody is in a map when he spawns, everybody has to wait until the next spawn time while trying to figure out where he is. And again, if nobody is in the next map he spawns, it winds up being a game of cat and mouse.

I have just been to all the known locations (starting at :20), but no luck. This means there will be a million more to come. :/

Pointless endeavor, the skins are not that desireable anyway.

• @Zushada.6108 said:

Yes he does, cant realy remeber but not the normal icon or the normal karma icon either.

@Charrbeque.8729 said:
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zeghai_of_the_Lost#Notes

According to ArenaNet Developer, Myranda Pendragon, "If no one is in the map when his time to spawn comes up he wont spawn".

What??? They must be kidding us.

Anyone found a dye that matches the new mist weapons?

@LucianDK.8615 said:

There can't be just one, specifically, since each texture dyes differently.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Riveren.1235 said:

@Zushada.6108 said:

Yes he does, cant realy remeber but not the normal icon or the normal karma icon either.

There is an icon above their head but it’s not shown on the map.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    I have just been to all the known locations (starting at :20), but no luck. This means there will be a million more to come. :/

Pointless endeavor, the skins are not that desireable anyway.

Use the LFG as people tend to advertise their map instance.

• Brian.4973Brian.4973 Member
    edited May 10, 2018

https://thatshaman.com/tools/zeghai/ another list side maybe help us to fix gaps

Edit: UTC Time Code

• Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 10, 2018

@Ashantara.8731 said:

I just went to the last 3 predicted locations and, voila, there he was.
    This means 0 more times to come.

http://thatshaman.com/tools/zeghai

Pointless endeavor,

Some people enjoy scavenger hunts; some don't.

the skins are not that desireable anyway.

The grapes were sour anyhow, sure.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Ephemiel.5694Ephemiel.5694 Member ✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:

If you're a Revenant using the Mist armor without dyeing it, they'll fit perfectly.

• @LucianDK.8615 said:

Take a high quality screenshot (the wiki might have one). Then use a robust image editor to "eye drop" the color(s) (as @Ashantara.8731 implied above, there could be several). Then use the dye matcher at GW2 BLTC:
    https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search

• You need the CSS hexcode, which might require adjust an option or clicking a button to expose. Or you can eye-ball it.
    • Then enter that code in the website in the appropriate column (e.g. 3rd one for metal/heavy classes).
    • Then sort by the third column in the table.

Big caveat: dyes are represented on computers using three numbers, but dye matcher only compares in one dimension. So it will generate some "close" matches that don't look close from your point of view. Think of asking google how long it takes to get from 1235 Main Street, Apt 5014 to 1237 Main Street, Apt 5014 — it's a 10 second walk, if you can float on air, but 10 minutes if you have to wait for the elevators in both buildings, i.e. close & yet not that close.

Here's a not-great color to get your started:
    https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/tool/dye/search?ipg=25&sort=metal&metal=a60925&page=1
    Should get you in the right ballpark.

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

He does not have a map icon. He does have coins with a small map square over his head. His spawn points and recipe offering schedule are now known (barring added randomness by ANet) and you can check That Shaman's timer at https://thatshaman.com/tools/zeghai/

You may still need to lfg to find the instance of the map he's on once he's spawned, but you can be at the spawn point a few minutes before a quarter after the hour to make sure there is a populated map for him to enter.

(Note on the Malchor's Leap one where I just was: He shows up on the big upright ring just west of the vista, not on the vista promontory itself).

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.