Which Elder Dragon do you want to focus on most after Kralkatorrik?

Cyrin.1035

My theory:Kraalkatorik is the last proper dragon antagonist we deal with in GW2, in the next expansion. Having absorbed "war" energy, he craves conflict with the other dragons. He already has a lot of Primordus' power (that Balthazar drained). He kills Jormag at the end of LS4 and absorbs ice spectrum, and then heads to the ocean in hopes of taking out DSD (who is near Cantha) and completing the power set. He uses a combination of ice and crystal magic to brand the ocean itself, creating something like a branded version of the Jade Sea, more or less where the Jade Sea had existed before (what are the odds?).

In that expansion, we realize that Glint's weapon is a more powerful Forgotten version of Omadd's machine, that Kraalkatorik has it, and that he is going to use it to become a Prismatic Dragon. Instead, by the end of the expansion, Aurene is the new Prismatic Dragon and Kraalkatorik and DSD are both dead. Primordus remains sleeping as something they can bring out in GW3 to evoke GW2 nostalgia.

If we have further expansions, aside from wrapping up loose ends, we will up either cleaning up the mess left when the gods left, or else dealing with issues that spilled over from wherever they went.

Well, I'm a new player, started with a Norn character, and already I want to beat up Jormag, so let's do that.

Unless...

@akenoyuki.8210 said:Underwater for the win!I want to feel the terror of fighting boss in dark, dark underwater where you don't know what's behind, above, and below you.I want a full underwater map with 0% land

Guild Wars 2 : Jewel of the Sea!

...the sea dragon expansion is exactly this. Water only. No land. Hit me hard in the thalassophobia, so hard it feels good.

@aspirine.6852 said:

@aspirine.6852 said:Dragons make boring enemies,

As opposed to?

Any other enemy that is not 2000 feet tall?

You find them boring because they are massive dragons? That’s what GW 2 was based around. The threat of MASSIVE dragons. I find them incredibly interesting as forces of nature and a major threat to Tyria as opposed to a clown who was already locked away - a whining, failed excuse for a human “god” - and an annoying minister and his endless snooze-fest of a plot. But to each their own.

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:I think Primordus should be the ‘last’ we deal with. His nature is pure Ragnarok, and his name emphasizes Primordial.Obviously he’s the first and last thing to exist

My theory for bubbles is that they’re a horror dragon.A black pungent cloud of tentacles and eyes, from deep where the sun dont shine. And he creates horrors that puts cthullu to shame.Anyone who sees him goes mad with terror.

I feel the opposite, that the DSD is the one who should be last. Primordus and Jormag being made each others' weaknesses means that, once they come back (if they do), they'll likely be dealt with simultaneously unless we forgo killing Primordus for the sake of using Braham's bow to kill Jormag (if it can).

The Deep Sea Dragon's nature is fully unknown, but they do seem to be going the realm of horror for it. And not just horror, but ultimately powerful. It has the largest known minions (see Infinity Coil Zone Blue dialogue between Inquest, they had captured a minion of the DSD, which seems unlikely to be a dragon champion, but it is far too big for any of their containment cells), and is suggested to be one of the strongest Elder Dragons even before the others got a power boost from the dead dragons (it pushed out the krait from their homeland, who are put on par to the charr during Eye of the North; this would be the same as Kralkatorrik forcing the charr out of Ascalon, do you really see this happening?). They have actively retconned their own lore in order to make it more mysterious (originally we were to see his minions across Tyria in all the rivers and lakes per The Movement of the World, which is something only Mordremoth was able to contend with further suggesting it being among the strongest of the six), and even after all this time the only thing we know about it is "it's somewhere in the ocean fighting Largos".

Not only that but it's been awake for longer than Jormag, and had access to the krait obelisks that were put on par to the Bloodstones. The destruction of one Bloodstone would have been enough to wipe out half of Central Tyria, and with 150-200 (more likely 200) years to eat all that magic and move on (as we know it has), that gives it plenty of time to eat more magic than any other Elder Dragon, even Primordus with his access to six "Rata Sums" (the six underground asuran citadel cities that got abandoned when Primordus forced the asura to the surface).

All of this spells to me that the DSD has been getting set up to be "the biggest, baddest dragon" from the get go. And a Cthulhu-like end-boss is more fitting, IMO, than a Ragnarok-like end-boss for GW2.

So I say Jormag is best for next, since we have his weakness in hand (Braham's bow / scroll).

@Sir Alric.5078 said:

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:There is still a gigantic beast waiting patiently for us in Drakkar Lake. And my guess he/she is not there without a reason. I would love to see this baby wake up some day:

What in Six Gods IS that?! :o

I'm not a GW1 expert, but isn't that supposed to be Drakkar, one of Jormag champions?

Drakkar is the community nickname for it (the Anet given nickname was "Drakkar Beast"); its actual name remains unknown. Hopefully it wasn't Frostfang.

@starhunter.6015 said:Non of above. We can't kill the dragons any more or Tyria goes poof. So lets focus on something new and dangerous. Hell we still have never stopped the aether blades yet.

We can, we just first need to figure out how to replace them.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:Jorlag and Primordus are both off the table since we put them to sleep.

They can wake up at literally any moment though, given they have thousands of minions to gather magic for them. They're only off the table as long as Anet wants, and that's likely just long enough to deal with Joko (Season 4) and Kralkatorrik (either Season 4 or Expansion 3, later more likely IMO), and likely another non-Elder Dragon threat to keep the story fresh (my current theory is we'll deal with Joko, then fight Kralkatorrik while we're still in Elona; then - based on map texture changes, the Claw of the Khan-Ur's addition, and the Olmakhan focus - have to deal with Blood Imperator Bangar Ruinbringer and a charr civil war, followed by Jormag or some other non-Dragon threat).

• 2 months later...

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:I feel the opposite, that the DSD is the one who should be last. Primordus and Jormag being made each others' weaknesses means that, once they come back (if they do), they'll likely be dealt with simultaneously unless we forgo killing Primordus for the sake of using Braham's bow to kill Jormag (if it can).

All of this spells to me that the DSD has been getting set up to be "the biggest, baddest dragon" from the get go. And a Cthulhu-like end-boss is more fitting, IMO, than a Ragnarok-like end-boss for GW2.

If they go beyond 3 expansions that could work, but to have Cantha, the deep sea, and Bubbles all in one expansion and as the next expansion, it just feels more complete to me.

There is something about that pattern that seems to fit with everything. You know how The LOTR and Hobbit movie series' have that Green/Red/Blue theme for each installment? That's similar to how I imagine the expansion trilogy of GW 2 so far. With HoT being the green one. PoF being the red one. And the UW expansion being the blue one. It also makes sense to finish off this human-central story with Cantha, and then go onto other areas of Tyria.

Cantha is the most logical and beneficial place to go to for the next expansion and everything about Bubbles and the ocean areas can connect to Cantha. It's the perfect time to explore all of that and round out a GW 2 trilogy.

Then I would have LW 5 and any possible further expansions or even a GW 3 deal with Primordus and Jormag. A Fire and Ice trilogy mixed with new lands, races, and a time period in the near-future.

They are likely not going to do another Dragon. it is clearly explained that killing another dragon will end the world. the story hint of trying to control the dragon instead of killing them which honestly would be quite boring if you do the 1 dragon 1 expansion routine again. let say if we succeed in taming the dragon in the next expansion, the only logic path is to devise a new threat. maybe the gods will return now that they see a way to control the dragon instead of killing it, maybe they will seek to recover the power of balthazar. there is speculation that another god was secretly helping balthazar. maybe it is true, maybe it was all a setup.

I do not know if Primordius & Jormag will continue to sleep, but in any case, I think that for the moment it is the case, and that it is closed. Our biggest threat remains in Steve, who is the most secretive dragon of all, there is a reason for that too ... no? Would he be more devious than the others? After all we do not even know his powers, except the tentacles.

@"cyanweapon.7290" said:I kind of hope Bubbles is an Asian-style dragon. Potentially in theme with Cantha.

A mixture of leviathan and Asian dragon.

richard-wright-mtg-leviathan.jpg?1458404

1*IVWk9pmM00xBk--R4jcwMg.jpeg

e800b3a6941ad59b3c4d9bf6ef8904932154c710

4e7187ac5389aa9b1e31163ab4feceb2-d4y1aii

http://www.tokkoro.com/picsup/1416295-guild-wars-2.jpg

latest?cb=20161017110127

What i really want is another Dragon vs Dragon. Not this Jormag magic vs Primordus magic. I really wish LS4 storyline will turn into events of Steve awakening and further go into Steve-Kralkatorrik conflict (new Addon?). So, Dragon's Watch will have to, somehow, subdue both of them, since they are important to World's magic balance. Fullscale Dragon vs Dragon conflict was never seen before.

P.s. as for Dragon vs Dragon conflict. Remember that after Zhaitan's and Mordremoth's deaths other Elder Dragons absorb their abilities. Hive mind can be very good reason to escalate Dragon vs Dragon fight.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Bubbles....But, alas, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be Aurene... After all, she did consume the corruption from Palawa Joko. How many times have humans tried to harness the power of something and then discover they have no control at all?

The Deep Sea Dragon because I think it's a great dragon to explore more the sunken city aesthetic that they've touched with Orr, but go even further beyond, into an almost Lovecraftian territory.

It'd be the occasion to explore interesting races like the Kraits and the Largos, but also the Margonites (Abaddon's followers) as they used to rule this part of the world (the Unending Ocean), and I'd love to visit the ruins of their civilization.

And obviously the deepest part of the ocean is a fascinating subject, but can also be quite terrifying, which is something I'd love to see in Guild Wars 2.

After exploring Cantha in Guild Wars 1 for the first time this weekend I can definitely say I'd love something that led us there. The echovald forest with a Guild Wars 2 makeover would be amazing.

I always kind of imagined the end boss of the Solid Ocean fractal as being a minion of champion of the deep sea dragon.

I feel like Kralk's movement in his latest flight and brand extension is for a reason. I think somebody mentioned it was a potential bloodstone location and he's just following the trail of magic, but what consuming Balthazar's magic has affected his aggression towards the other elder dragons? Perhaps his quick flight west towards the ocean is in fact to take the magic of the deep sea dragon? We could also possibly have another replacement elder dragon in Cantha.

I don't think that an expansion focused on the deep sea dragon has to be underwater focused or have solely underwater combat. There could be entire largos cities underwater that could be "bubbled" to make it fitting for regular combat. Though I think if this did happen it would be only a couple maps and again, focused in Cantha as the main expansion region. I know everyone wants underwater combat completely revamped, but is it really worth the investment? How much do you need it in core maps? It would fit in terms of what we've gotten with mounts and gliding and its use being implemented in older zones, but I think as much as people say they want a revamp it would just get old to them really quickly. Too quickly to warrant that kind of production. Pulling the focus to the mainland would be better.

I also feel like the Corsairs, even though they had a large part in Nightfall, will continue playing a significant role moving forward. Having them show up just to help with Joko and then have no way of being overly useful towards Kralkatorik and vanish would be a bit strange.

All this being said, given the extremely large portion of the map that was added to the east of Ascalon does leave me inclined to believe that it could be our next destination. I'm just not sure what the overall plot would be for that kind of expansion, given that Charr civil war doesn't seem like something we would want to spend an expansion on or be a strong enough plot outside of sharing the spotlight with Kralk if he's still a danger at that point. The best part of this would be that it would introduce never seen areas, potentially entirely new races/creatures/cultures. (Or just some of the ones from Guild Wars 1 that have seemingly vanished, like the mantid creatures or even Saurians though they were on the tarnished coast.)

Anyway, I think the ideal next expansion for me would be Deep Sea Dragon, Cantha, Tengu as playable race, and new elite specs and weapon types:Mesmer - BardElementalist - Dervish/Djinn based specNecromancer - Lich/new vampiric themed power melee/assassin specGuardian - SpiritualistRevenant - Dervish/power based legend. Perhaps Balthazar?

Thief - monk (though they seem to be very caster-oriented in guild wars which I wasn't expecting)

Warrior - no idea. We've had zerker which was condi and spellbreaker which is seemingly just boon-hate pvp spec.

Engineer - golemancer type spec? Holo was kind of random, as was a lot of the others so who knows.

Another possibility and as much as I hate the idea of Arenanet going all Warlords of Draenor on us, is that the comments Gorrik made about the rift in Gandara and time-space continums could be eluding to something much more. Something more than a potential villain coming out of the rift, but us going into the rift to an earlier time. Perhaps during one of the previous dragon rises, or a time before the gods fought Abaddon. Perhaps it would be tied in with finding a way to combat our elder dragon problem or even something exploring Joko's past. As much possibility as this has in terms of what they could do, the only real reason I think I would ever want something like this is just to see Pre-cataclysm Orr. lol And more focus on the gods.

I'd rather we contend with all of them at the same time rather than facing them 1 at a time. It would make the threat feel a lot more immediate and would give that sense of resources being spread way too thin. The pact has supposedly been depleted yet we still don't get that sense of fighting on our last legs like any good war story should have. There are 4 dragons left but up till now they have not seemed like that much of a threat. If the reason we can't kill them is because of the amount of magic they hold then the logical direction to go in is to have this epic 5-way winner takes all battle with the Commander and Aurene where the winner takes all the magic released by the dragons. The story seems to go in that direction at 1 point where the plan was to set dragon minions against one another. It's in the lore that the dragons hate each other anyway. It's about time the Commander got some real glory for doing everything solo and this is the best way to show how powerful they really are. This could set up future games or expansion where the protagonists would turn into the main antagonists having absorbed that much magic energy and adopted the aggressive personalities of the dragons. The commander is perceived as a cold-blooded genocidal maniac anyway. This would tie in nicely with that. One thing I enjoyed about core story was how you could take different paths but still get to the same end. This could branch out into a good or evil path, both with high casualties, which the Commander can opt to take instead of always being the goody two shoes who's trying to save tyria.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think Primordus should be the ‘last’ we deal with. His nature is pure Ragnarok, and his name emphasizes Primordial.Obviously he’s the first and last thing to exist

My theory for bubbles is that they’re a horror dragon.A black pungent cloud of tentacles and eyes, from deep where the sun dont shine. And he creates horrors that puts cthullu to shame.Anyone who sees him goes mad with terror.

Wasn't it confirmed that bubbles corruption took the shape of tentacle horrors or something (pretty sure its on the wiki page) but i doubt he'll be that scary given gw2's T rating

@derd.6413 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:I think Primordus should be the ‘last’ we deal with. His nature is pure Ragnarok, and his name emphasizes Primordial.Obviously he’s the first and last thing to exist

Wasn't it confirmed that bubbles corruption took the shape of tentacle horrors or something (pretty sure its on the wiki page) but i doubt he'll be that scary given gw2's T rating

Not confirmed, but there was thing with the sailors who saw “tentacly shadows at sea” which is about the best we get.Since its even sailor banter anet can completely forget about it and make bubbles the elder dragon of daisies and candycorn... (which is a real fear of mine given how cutesy the game had become zhaitan died)

• 2 weeks later...