Do you use your race's cultural armour?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot a poll option with "Yes, I use all of the tiers"

Specially for Sylvari, I only use their cultural armor along with TA dungeon armor since it fits them best. I find having a Sylvari character equipped with any other "humanoid" armor is a crime for fashion wars!The cultural are the best armor for each races, I love them and got all of them. They suits and fits best for their own armor.I just wish we had more tiers with more racial and cultural armor sets.

I also use them all. Not for all my characters, though. But definitely for all my Sylvari. I don't like regular armor on Sylvari, so that leaves me with only 4 options (the 3 cultural tiers and the TA armor) For my Sylvari Renegade I mixed it up with the Shadow of the Dragon shoulder pieces. 3 of my Sylvari wear cultural armor while the 4th wears TA armor (still hoping for more Sylvari themed armor). I made a light armored Charr especially for the Archon armor (tier 2). My Charr warrior used to wear T3 for a long time, until I switched to the Mistward armor (and now Perfected Envoy armor). My Dragonhunter uses some T3 pieces. I've used Norn medium and heavy armor in the past, but that has been a while ago.

I use multiple tiers, and sometimes I mix in one piece here and there with pieces from other sources, with the exception of Charr. I don't really like any of the charr cultural armor except the heavy and I have no heavy wearing Charr, just medium. Unfortunately with the Charr, they made them kind of steampunk/technologically advanced.... but made their cultural armor look primitive. animal bones and rags just don't fit this steam and steel and guns aesthetic you have for the rest of the Charr. The shaman look is too much of a throwback.

Asura pieces look good and can be mixed well with aetherblade, magitech, and inquest aesthetics.Sylvari look good and have possibilities in mixing with nightmare or mordrem/toxic alliance style aestheticsNorn is hit and miss, and I tend to like it better mixed and matched if I can find pieces that fit the motif. Currently my Fem Norn Guardian uses the winged headpiece, the heavenly bracers, no shoulders, and the tier 3 heavy boots, legs, and chest, and it looks good, for a Valkyrie look. I didn't really like the full stag set though.Human tier 3 on females looks so good as a set that I haven't ever really tried mixing and matching, because the sets look so good. The tier 2 and 1 aren't as exciting. But the Tier 3 just looks that good.

@NikolaiLev.8492 said:I'd consider using pieces of them, but they're woefully expensive, even from the Skritt trader, for armor that's only rare and not exotic. Even if they were exotic, they're not stat-selectable.

You just use the skin really, and really as soon as you buy it it's unlocked so you can sell it right back to the vendor for about 1/4 of what you paid for it, so it's basically 25% off, even more if you use the skritt trader.

@"Randulf.7614" said:A poll is unnecessary since players undoubtably mix and match. I use Norn T1 shoulders, T2 helm and T3 leggings here on my main and the Aristocrat cultural piece on the chest of my 2nd main

HZ5x4me.jpg

hlXUdBK.jpg

a lot of players mix without matching too. make eyesores because they don't consider the motifs being used.

I only picked tier 3 for the purpose of showing that I believe that cultural armor sets are worth the expenses, but in truth I don't care about the tier but the look alone. Thus, I have armor sets of all tiers, depending on what I think fits the character best. But since all my armor is mix-n-match, I can't even say that I use full sets, including cultural armor.

So, your poll is missing some options. ;)

P.S. Also, "my race's [...]" sounds extremely limiting when you have 13 characters of all races.