What is the best way to get ascended gear by only playing wvw big zerg fights with ele? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is the best way to get ascended gear by only playing wvw big zerg fights with ele?

I only play wvw big zerg fights with ele. I do not want to play anything else more than 15 min a day. What is the best way to get ascended gear for me?

Comments

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Annihilator.2617 said:
    I only play wvw big zerg fights with ele. I do not want to play anything else more than 15 min a day. What is the best way to get ascended gear for me?

    pvp - tournaments. easiest way. and prepare mastery for pvp marks etc.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • @misterman.1530 said:
    Use the Reward Track (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Armor_Reward_Track). At the end of every cycle, this will give you a choice of exotic armor. You can visit the WvW Skirmish Supervisor hovering around spawn points in WvW to see what is available. Once you get an exotic piece, you unlock the equivalent ascended armor piece. You can then buy that with gold, grandmaster marks (tailors, etc.), WvW Skirmish Claim tickets, and 250 Memories of battle (you can earn these but they are also available on the TP). Check this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor to give you the overview on the cost of each piece.

    What about crafting? I have mats from salvaging and gathering? How good is crafting for me to get Ascended gear?

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Use the Reward Track (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Armor_Reward_Track). At the end of every cycle, this will give you a choice of exotic armor. You can visit the WvW Skirmish Supervisor hovering around spawn points in WvW to see what is available. Once you get an exotic piece, you unlock the equivalent ascended armor piece. You can then buy that with gold, grandmaster marks (tailors, etc.), WvW Skirmish Claim tickets, and 250 Memories of battle (you can earn these but they are also available on the TP). Check this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor to give you the overview on the cost of each piece.

    What about crafting? I have mats from salvaging and gathering? How good is crafting for me to get Ascended gear?

    you can check crafting from online guides.

    dont rush it though. always bid not take the offer

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @misterman.1530 said:
    Use the Reward Track (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Triumphant_Armor_Reward_Track). At the end of every cycle, this will give you a choice of exotic armor. You can visit the WvW Skirmish Supervisor hovering around spawn points in WvW to see what is available. Once you get an exotic piece, you unlock the equivalent ascended armor piece. You can then buy that with gold, grandmaster marks (tailors, etc.), WvW Skirmish Claim tickets, and 250 Memories of battle (you can earn these but they are also available on the TP). Check this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor to give you the overview on the cost of each piece.

    Nice tip. Now I know what to do with those items too 😊

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ascended trinkets: By far the cheapest way to obtain these are spending tickets and memories of battle at the skirmish supervisor, plus they are statchangeable if you in the future want to swap.
    Armor: In order to buy ascended armor you will need marks, and these will cost you alot. But as you are an ele and can tag 100s of enemies within 15 minutes, so my advice is to increase magic find instead as dropping an ascended armor chest in WvW isn't such an uncommon experience when you get that mf up there. Downside is ofc it might take a little longer.
    Weapons: Same as armor
    Backpack: This must be crafted or gained from achievements (easiest ones are from PoF)

    Tldr: Get the ascended trinkets first. Then wait for drops to get the weapon/armor, or if you get impatient (and have alot of gold) do the reward track and craft marks. Trinkets first because they equal roughly 60% of your total stats. Preferable order is Trinkets > Weapons > Armor.

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @rng.1024 said:
    Ascended trinkets: By far the cheapest way to obtain these are spending tickets and memories of battle at the skirmish supervisor, plus they are statchangeable if you in the future want to swap.

    Huge no. Living story season 3 is the most easy and cheap way to acquire trinkets, followed by laurels and guild commendations for core stat ascended trinkets. None of them require pve (but bitterfrost frontier farm takes like 10-15 minutes per character at most) since all of currencies can be acquired through reward tracks/daily logins/ wvw guild missions.

    Tickets and MoB's are also used for armor/weaps, so it's pretty bad practice to use them for trinkets when much better choices exist.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:

    @rng.1024 said:
    Ascended trinkets: By far the cheapest way to obtain these are spending tickets and memories of battle at the skirmish supervisor, plus they are statchangeable if you in the future want to swap.

    Huge no. Living story season 3 is the most easy and cheap way to acquire trinkets, followed by laurels and guild commendations for core stat ascended trinkets. None of them require pve (but bitterfrost frontier farm takes like 10-15 minutes per character at most) since all of currencies can be acquired through reward tracks/daily logins/ wvw guild missions.

    Tickets and MoB's are also used for armor/weaps, so it's pretty bad practice to use them for trinkets when much better choices exist.

    Easiest way I would say is PvP and the big Boon is they are stat swappable which compared to the others not so much, so long term it’s more conducive to get the PvP ones vs the PvE

  • steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

    @steki.1478 said:

    @rng.1024 said:
    Ascended trinkets: By far the cheapest way to obtain these are spending tickets and memories of battle at the skirmish supervisor, plus they are statchangeable if you in the future want to swap.

    Huge no. Living story season 3 is the most easy and cheap way to acquire trinkets, followed by laurels and guild commendations for core stat ascended trinkets. None of them require pve (but bitterfrost frontier farm takes like 10-15 minutes per character at most) since all of currencies can be acquired through reward tracks/daily logins/ wvw guild missions.

    Tickets and MoB's are also used for armor/weaps, so it's pretty bad practice to use them for trinkets when much better choices exist.

    Easiest way I would say is PvP and the big Boon is they are stat swappable which compared to the others not so much, so long term it’s more conducive to get the PvP ones vs the PvE

    Stat swapping isnt really a good argument to get those though. It's a lot more convenient to have multiple gear sets for multiple builds. Builds barely need to change their stats anyways, especially if they are power focused like staff ele.

    Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

  • BlaqueFyre.5678BlaqueFyre.5678 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @steki.1478 said:

    @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

    @steki.1478 said:

    @rng.1024 said:
    Ascended trinkets: By far the cheapest way to obtain these are spending tickets and memories of battle at the skirmish supervisor, plus they are statchangeable if you in the future want to swap.

    Huge no. Living story season 3 is the most easy and cheap way to acquire trinkets, followed by laurels and guild commendations for core stat ascended trinkets. None of them require pve (but bitterfrost frontier farm takes like 10-15 minutes per character at most) since all of currencies can be acquired through reward tracks/daily logins/ wvw guild missions.

    Tickets and MoB's are also used for armor/weaps, so it's pretty bad practice to use them for trinkets when much better choices exist.

    Easiest way I would say is PvP and the big Boon is they are stat swappable which compared to the others not so much, so long term it’s more conducive to get the PvP ones vs the PvE

    Stat swapping isnt really a good argument to get those though. It's a lot more convenient to have multiple gear sets for multiple builds. Builds barely need to change their stats anyways, especially if they are power focused like staff ele.

    That’s under the assumption that one will stay with the same build forever, and the trinkets are extremely easy to stay swap, I know I am constantly test new builds so being able to stay swap to any stat set on the fly is much more conducive than having multiple sets clogging up my bags. And it’s easy to get all the trinkets sans Backpiece in a day or two

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    After another look at that guild wiki page, all I need is 25k memory of battle and 20k of skirmish tickets. So in 2020 I will have enough I think.

  • starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    After another look at that guild wiki page, all I need is 25k memory of battle and 20k of skirmish tickets. So in 2020 I will have enough I think.

    I hate how thats not as outrageous as it sounds. Still haven't finished a legendary armor set in WvW, and after all these weeks, I'm questioning if its even worth it.

  • LetoII.3782LetoII.3782 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ascended=\= Legendary
    As others have stated, the smart way is to utilize multiple sources at once.
    Jewelry and backpiece are provided by reward track currencies, armor from your tickets, and craft weapons to burn up all those mats you'll be getting.

    You'll be all reds(mostly) in a month.

    [HUNT] the predatory instinct

  • rng.1024rng.1024 Member ✭✭✭✭

    If you want it from WvW only: Like I said tickets/MoB or random drops are the only way, and way faster than waiting 16 weeks for 200 laurels which only cover core stat trinkets. I still stand by you ONLY buy trinkets (doable in about 3 weeks), as everything else is a timeconsuming goldsink. Every reward track chest you get, every enemy you kill and every WvW levelup you have a chance at an ascended weap/armor chest, so it'll come :)

  • meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

    If you craft all the items, crafting a set of Light Ascended takes 36 days.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    @Annihilator.2617 said:
    I only play wvw big zerg fights with ele. I do not want to play anything else more than 15 min a day. What is the best way to get ascended gear for me?

    For the Triumphant "exotic to ascended unlock" you need to create grandmaster tailor marks. You will need 500 crafting to create its components. If you don't have that, it will be an additional cost for you.
    The easy (but not very swift) way to get some ascended stuff is via the LS3 maps and their currencies. Pretty much all of them can be farmed individually by harvesting (unlike LS4, which requires you to do lots of events).

    • Get Siren's Landing pearls for a back piece
    • get rings, amulet and trinkets from the other maps (you can mix them); Bloodstone Fen ones have the ability to stat swap for a fee.
    • concentrate on an ascended weapon over going for armour, because that has a larger impact on you damage dealt (compared to the damage received from a full ascended armour set. Doing a specialization collection might be the cheapest (and sure way), but it will require you to do quite a few tasks in the expansion (either HoT or PoF). Be aware you might have to do stuff on an alternate character too (e.g. you would need to play Druid or Daredevil or the staff)
  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Gorani.7205 said:

    @Annihilator.2617 said:
    I only play wvw big zerg fights with ele. I do not want to play anything else more than 15 min a day. What is the best way to get ascended gear for me?

    For the Triumphant "exotic to ascended unlock" you need to create grandmaster tailor marks. You will need 500 crafting to create its components. If you don't have that, it will be an additional cost for you.
    The easy (but not very swift) way to get some ascended stuff is via the LS3 maps and their currencies. Pretty much all of them can be farmed individually by harvesting (unlike LS4, which requires you to do lots of events).

    • Get Siren's Landing pearls for a back piece
    • get rings, amulet and trinkets from the other maps (you can mix them); Bloodstone Fen ones have the ability to stat swap for a fee.
    • concentrate on an ascended weapon over going for armour, because that has a larger impact on you damage dealt (compared to the damage received from a full ascended armour set. Doing a specialization collection might be the cheapest (and sure way), but it will require you to do quite a few tasks in the expansion (either HoT or PoF). Be aware you might have to do stuff on an alternate character too (e.g. you would need to play Druid or Daredevil or the staff)

    Or the tracks in WvW. The currencies are given in those that will allow you to get the ascended trinkets from the map vendors.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 27, 2018

    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

  • SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

    At the spawn.

    Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

    --

    Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

  • @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

    If you craft all the items, crafting a set of Light Ascended takes 36 days.

    I am a hoarder. And I craft spiritwood planks, elonian leather squares etc every day, so if I need them, I don't have to wait...

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

    If you craft all the items, crafting a set of Light Ascended takes 36 days.

    I am a hoarder. And I craft spiritwood planks, elonian leather squares etc every day, so if I need them, I don't have to wait...

    Maybe so, but it still took you 36 days for light armor. You just did the 36 days before you wanted the armor.

  • @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

    If you craft all the items, crafting a set of Light Ascended takes 36 days.

    I am a hoarder. And I craft spiritwood planks, elonian leather squares etc every day, so if I need them, I don't have to wait...

    Maybe so, but it still took you 36 days for light armor. You just did the 36 days before you wanted the armor.

    sure and since then I finished many sets... shrug still faster than unlocking triumphant armor, then crafting the marks, or doing TT every day, hoping for a useful asc. drop.

  • @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:

    @MachineManXX.9746 said:

    @VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618 said:
    meh, running around on Siren's Landing farming oysters gets you asc backpack quick and easy. Farming a bit in Bitterfrost gets you rings and trinkets quick and easy.

    Crafting? If you are a mat hoarder, a complete asc armor sets takes you only a couple of days....

    If you craft all the items, crafting a set of Light Ascended takes 36 days.

    I am a hoarder. And I craft spiritwood planks, elonian leather squares etc every day, so if I need them, I don't have to wait...

    Maybe so, but it still took you 36 days for light armor. You just did the 36 days before you wanted the armor.

    sure and since then I finished many sets... shrug still faster than unlocking triumphant armor, then crafting the marks, or doing TT every day, hoping for a useful asc. drop.

    I don't agree or disagree. I was just correcting the statement that you made that crafting a full set of ascended light armor only takes a couple of days.

  • reddie.5861reddie.5861 Member ✭✭✭

    just craft exotic or buy it, who cares for ascended if u die in exotic u wouldnt have survived in ascended or legendary gear either.

  • Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

    You buy the recipes to MAKE the marks and gear. You don't just get the gear.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Odinens.5920 said:

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

    You buy the recipes to MAKE the marks and gear. You don't just get the gear.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

  • Odinens.5920Odinens.5920 Member ✭✭✭

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    @Odinens.5920 said:

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

    You buy the recipes to MAKE the marks and gear. You don't just get the gear.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

    Are you confirming my statement, or saying I'm wrong?

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Odinens.5920 said:

    @Voltekka.2375 said:

    @Odinens.5920 said:

    @Annihilator.2617 said:

    @SkyShroud.2865 said:
    Just buy it using the wvw ticket, I mean, you have a condition of not wanting to spend more than 15 minutes on other things than WvW zerg. You only got one option, wvw ticket.

    Where to buy?

    You buy the recipes to MAKE the marks and gear. You don't just get the gear.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skirmish_Supervisor

    Are you confirming my statement, or saying I'm wrong?

    Simply confirming.

  • Good link about getting gear (not only in WvW): https://metabattle.com/wiki/Guide:How_to_Gear_a_Character

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    After another look at that guild wiki page, all I need is 25k memory of battle and 20k of skirmish tickets. So in 2020 I will have enough I think.

    That's like 2 full legendary sets. You need maybe 20% of that.

    Bite me.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Blocki.4931 said:

    @aspirine.6852 said:
    After another look at that guild wiki page, all I need is 25k memory of battle and 20k of skirmish tickets. So in 2020 I will have enough I think.

    That's like 2 full legendary sets. You need maybe 20% of that.

    I have around 20 chars :/

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.