[Video] Power Mirage Roaming + gameplay tips

dubidubidubidu.5308

Hi back with a new vid, so you have something to watch until i finish the first duelling-matchup guide. WvW Roaming with my PvP power mirage build. Some footage is from before, some from after the big balance patch, but my build didnt change much from the patch anyway. pls notice the vid-description as always! Hope you can enjoy!Link:

Also check out my previous vid, Switch TV 2, some ranked PvP roaming with power Mirage i didnt post here until now to not spam this Forum with vid-threads too much.Link:

greetings jazz :)

@Jace al Thor.6745 often i can fight there withut getting interrupted but that day the devil played a mean game it seems ;) i just dont like EB because its always way more laggy than the borders@Bigpapasmurf.5623 with all the mesmer hate around im always not sure if this is irony... lot of ppl would say just roll your face over the keyboard but i dont think that is true... not with my build for sure. anyway thx for the comments both, im glad to hear ppl watch and some even like my stuff :)

@"Jazz.4639" said:@Jace al Thor.6745 often i can fight there withut getting interrupted but that day the devil played a mean game it seems ;) i just dont like EB because its always way more laggy than the borders@Bigpapasmurf.5623 with all the mesmer hate around im always not sure if this is irony... lot of ppl would say just roll your face over the keyboard but i dont think that is true... not with my build for sure. anyway thx for the comments both, im glad to hear ppl watch and some even like my stuff :)

Oh lord I know whenever I get too close to a zerg that’s taking something or “fighting”. Fps drops to nothing.And yeah... tons of Mesmer hate but it’s cool. I switched over to power just before I took a break and it was refreshing. The bonus for me was the way I like to play got a decent buff this last patch so it’s enjoyable now. Especially when you’re bursting people running Sw/Sw Staff XD. But power shatter definitely isn’t face roll especially against classes with a lot of blocks. Condi is in a better spot as far as face roll goes too.

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" with all the mesmer hate around im always not sure if this is irony... lot of ppl would say just roll your face over the keyboard but i dont think that is true... not with my build for sure. anyway thx for the comments both, im glad to hear ppl watch and some even like my stuff :)

Roll face on the keyboard? After I watched this I went to your YT channel for the build details and tips and man....you gotta be precise in the rotation (Combos made my head spin figuring them out) . Must have taken a lot of practice and deaths to get as good as you are. I came from Druid/daredevil mains and I like how this has a similar mobility of thief with added "poofs"...literally :p

@Jace al Thor.6745 for me ist not fps drop that much from zergs its just my connection cannot handle it, so more lag than fps drop. but for that i have strange fps drops down to like 2-3 often but only after 11pm and it doesnt matter if ppl are around or not and no matter if wvw or pvp or even pve. and that only on my new and better pc, never on my old pc. thats strange. there are sure also some lame power builds for mesmer (chrono core and Mirage) out but a domi duel build sure is not one of them, but ppl hate on mesmer a lot no matter what build atm, they even cry about core full glass mes.@Bigpapasmurf.5623 ok sry for being distruth then :) thx for the compliment tho and yes ofc i had to practise even tho i cannot play 24/7 b/c fulltime job and stuff but playing mes only on power from release of the game is a lot of time already ;) well 2 pew pews are hard to beat because when they do not stand like noobs right beside each other and facetank all your shit then there is one who can freecast during you try to kill the other one. and bow makes a lot of dmg. druids are also insane strong, so even a 1v1 is hard when the druid is not a newbie. important is to get near to him when he is on bow, always try to run through him into his back, he will have a hard time to hit you with bow than. avoid the cc (bow3 for ex) or when you eat the cc than avoid the next attack at least to not get this annying immob. also same as for warrior they have a passive protection to your first cc, better trigger that right from the start so you can cc him when needed after that (you can see me doing it with the warrior in the wvw vid, i just use mantra right in the start of the fight to trigger his passive stabi). pp thiefs are bit easier to handle because they are easy to Interrupt and at least with my build you have a lot of Interrupts. save your dodges for his autoattack out of stealth, they are good to avoid because you can see the bullets flying to you even tho the thief is still in stealth. Interrupt his pp3 and burst him in the same time.

• 2 months later...

Hi im not allowed to make 2 different threads in different forums, so i posted my new vid in the wvw forum but i thought i at least can inform you about that in my old thread. SO: new vid up some outnumbered wvw roaming with my interrupt shatter power mirage. hope you can enjoy! :) and just to make that clear: im ofc not hacking also dont use any kind of macro!

@"Colly.4073" said:Good fights in the video, but the build has really bad condition cleanse. How do you fair against a good scourge or other condi class?

His build is a high risk build which requires a lot of mobility and stealth. His condition cleansing comes from Jaunt (remove one condition per jaunt), also, I would assume he's using renewing oasis a trait which helps mitigate conditions by reducing condition duration and provides him regeneration every time he using mirage cloak. Only flaw with with the use of this trait is that if a "good condition" thief was stacking a ton of poison he would have something to worry about as this trait doesn't affect poison but with the use of jaunt this is hardship that can be over come.

@Colly.4073 said:Good fights in the video, but the build has really bad condition cleanse. How do you fair against a good scourge or other condi class?

you can find a lot of fights vs condiclasses in my vids. you have jaunt and a bit help from renewing oasis, esp the last helps you to ignore the perma condispam most condibuilds are able to. ofc when you eat the condiburst/ bomb you are most likely dead. so with a build wihtout condiremove on dodge and double cleansing sigil you have to know what keyskills (condiburstskills) you have to avoid and how, also you need to know when you can go in and when better not (most important for scourge ds skills), when to play aggressive and when you have to play patient and defensive with kiting etc.

vs conditrapper builds like from thief for example you need to know that you can hear and see the thief placing the traps (you even can hear it when thief is in stealth), so you need to check his position when you hear/see it becasue he only can place them under his feet and then dodge throu it or let an illusion trigger it. check his buffbar for the buffs he can give to himself with some of the utilites and avoid the attacks during he has these buffs, try to anticipate when he wanna steal to you or use save spots where he cannot port to you. there are little tricks vs every common condibuild helping you to win even wihtout tons of condiremove.thx for watching, im happy to hear you like the fights! :)

@EikoLani.8592 in wvw you need the stealth only to run from zergs and ganking groups or for heavily outnumbered fights, in pvp i run portal instead decoy and its still fine.

Nice video. Personally I'd have left a lot of these fights where numbers get too high earlier especially the first one once the warrior got there, while it's easily kited either spellbreaker will kill all clones easily or core warrior even a bad one can land a CC and you're essentially dead. There's also a lot more pew pews around (at least on the servers I fight it seems) so I am a lot more cautious of these kinds of fights and how long they last

Also the fight vs the ranger outside SM, why not jaunt to cleanse the taunt and put you next to him? You could have interrupted his heal and he'd have been dead. Not that it mattered as he interrupted it like a champ.

I notice no food either, I'm guessing you're wanting to play the least overpowered build but for me I've been trying out less overpowered builds or core builds but at the end of the day it's just not fun to play something that isn't overpowered in some aspect when you come up against the many many cheese builds running around atm. I mean even power mirage is far lower risk than I would really like especially with mirage thrust.

@apharma.3741 big thx for your Feedback, im happy to hear you like the vid! :) to your questions:

hehe in this matchup i met a lot of ranger too, i guess its nearly the same everywhere

i dont leave the fights earlier because i try to get interesting footage for the video, even more i go into wvw right only to record footage and its wvw, i dont cause my team losing a match when im too cooky and die unnecessary. so i dont care that much. also often i was around for a while and know if there are rangers near or not (ofc one can just new join from a waypoint or spawn and oneshot me with one button from 1500 range but i dont leave fights as long as i see a chance to get interesting scenes just because maybe a ranger could join). i kite the warrior when i dont have any cc-counter rdy, so didnt rly worry too much about him. its all about positioning and knowing when to kite and when still have enough CDs rdy even when he is in range and lucky hit a cc.

to the ranger: yes that would have been optimal but tbh in the start of the taunt i didnt even see him, he was near the edge of my screen, i was more watching the pets dmg skill than him and from the taunt he was like greyed out. means first i didnt see the healcast nor that he was that low already that jaunt dmg even after nerf would maybe be enough to kill him.when seeing this scene in the vid its good visible but during the fight i dint see it in the start and when i found the ranger on my screen and put my attention back to him, he already interrupted the heal with dodge himself, so no harm from him, pets channelskill i interrupted already, so no need to use jaunt to break out of the taunt anymore, i could just wait it out at this point. i mentioned it at another fight in the vid that i was also bit careful with my mobility skills because at this day there were a lot of ganking groups around (mostly thiefs with engi or necros, rangers were more solo running and only joining a skirmish when getting the chance it seems). but ye if i would have seen it that clearly like when rewatching the scene i would have used jaunt but during the fight he was like invis for me in the start of the taunt somehow.

bufffood ye i think the dodge bufffood is bit too strong for mirage but mostly i just always forget to take it ;)

i have a bit different opinion about mirage chrono and core. and what is easier or more op. i always mix up skill ceilling and skill flor so let me say it like this:mirage and also chrono give you more options to outplay enemies, more options for tactical plays. that makes it harder not easier to play these builds on max lvl. ofc getting more options makes a build somehow stronger. the question is how much skill you need to use these options to answer the questions if it is op or not. getting more options is not per se op or lame.or from another pov: i also dont think that limiting yourself with for example only playing one weaponset or only mainhand weapons (aside from some trolling condithiefbuilds can be played only with utilites muha) dont make it more skillfull. its just a senseless self limitation giving you less options for skillfull plays. and that is how i see the upgrade between a core shatter burst build and chrono/mirage. i have way more fun with mirage without having the feeling to be carried, at least not compared to everything else that is running around. the mirage stuff is all active gameplay you need skill for it to get the reward from.a bad mirage is an easier kill than a bad core pu mesmer for example. also is mirage harder to play good than a core pu mes and a good core pu mes also has a good chance to kill my build. I played core mes vs all pof and hot specs for some vids, i didnt have any more problems to kill the same ppl with the same skill lvl i kill with mirage but you are more limited to spam stealth and excercise the gs2 burst shatter over and over (same with chrono just with bit more variations and you need a good use of f5 to play chrono perfect). sure you can play mirage like a core burst bot just with some noobsaver added like the stunbreak on dodge and more dodgeuptime (thats also how most power mesmer playing mirage sadly) but that is not my build (exactly for that reason, my build is maximum based on mirage mechanics except the one that is broken-means stunbreakdodge). maybe its just about taste but i get bored when playing core mes or chrono oneshot bot and i dont have the feeling core need more skill to get kills it just has less options and need to exercise the same combo over and over for the same result.

wow sry for the wall of text maybe some day i learn to talk in a shorter way loool <3

@"Jazz.4639" said:@apharma.3741 big thx for your Feedback, im happy to hear you like the vid! :) to your questions:

hehe in this matchup i met a lot of ranger too, i guess its nearly the same everywhere

i dont leave the fights earlier because i try to get interesting footage for the video, even more i go into wvw right only to record footage and its wvw, i dont cause my team losing a match when im too cooky and die unnecessary. so i dont care that much. also often i was around for a while and know if there are rangers near or not (ofc one can just new join from a waypoint or spawn and oneshot me with one button from 1500 range but i dont leave fights as long as i see a chance to get interesting scenes just because maybe a ranger could join). i kite the warrior when i dont have any cc-counter rdy, so didnt rly worry too much about him. its all about positioning and knowing when to kite and when still have enough CDs rdy even when he is in range and lucky hit a cc.

to the ranger: yes that would have been optimal but tbh in the start of the taunt i didnt even see him, he was near the edge of my screen, i was more watching the pets dmg skill than him and from the taunt he was like greyed out. means first i didnt see the healcast nor that he was that low already that jaunt dmg even after nerf would maybe be enough to kill him.when seeing this scene in the vid its good visible but during the fight i dint see it in the start and when i found the ranger on my screen and put my attention back to him, he already interrupted the heal with dodge himself, so no harm from him, pets channelskill i interrupted already, so no need to use jaunt to break out of the taunt anymore, i could just wait it out at this point. i mentioned it at another fight in the vid that i was also bit careful with my mobility skills because at this day there were a lot of ganking groups around (mostly thiefs with engi or necros, rangers were more solo running and only joining a skirmish when getting the chance it seems). but ye if i would have seen it that clearly like when rewatching the scene i would have used jaunt but during the fight he was like invis for me in the start of the taunt somehow.

bufffood ye i think the dodge bufffood is bit too strong for mirage but mostly i just always forget to take it ;)

i have a bit different opinion about mirage chrono and core. and what is easier or more op. i always mix up skill ceilling and skill flor so let me say it like this:mirage and also chrono give you more options to outplay enemies, more options for tactical plays. that makes it harder not easier to play these builds on max lvl. ofc getting more options makes a build somehow stronger. the question is how much skill you need to use these options to answer the questions if it is op or not. getting more options is not per se op or lame.or from another pov: i also dont think that limiting yourself with for example only playing one weaponset or only mainhand weapons (aside from some trolling condithiefbuilds can be played only with utilites muha) dont make it more skillfull. its just a senseless self limitation giving you less options for skillfull plays. and that is how i see the upgrade between a core shatter burst build and chrono/mirage. i have way more fun with mirage without having the feeling to be carried, at least not compared to everything else that is running around. the mirage stuff is all active gameplay you need skill for it to get the reward from.a bad mirage is an easier kill than a bad core pu mesmer for example. also is mirage harder to play good than a core pu mes and a good core pu mes also has a good chance to kill my build. I played core mes vs all pof and hot specs for some vids, i didnt have any more problems to kill the same ppl with the same skill lvl i kill with mirage but you are more limited to spam stealth and excercise the gs2 burst shatter over and over (same with chrono just with bit more variations and you need a good use of f5 to play chrono perfect). sure you can play mirage like a core burst bot just with some noobsaver added like the stunbreak on dodge and more dodgeuptime (thats also how most power mesmer playing mirage sadly) but that is not my build (exactly for that reason, my build is maximum based on mirage mechanics except the one that is broken-means stunbreakdodge). maybe its just about taste but i get bored when playing core mes or chrono oneshot bot and i dont have the feeling core need more skill to get kills it just has less options and need to exercise the same combo over and over for the same result.

wow sry for the wall of text maybe some day i learn to talk in a shorter way loool <3

Wow that’s a lot, I was just thinking about the ranger thing first time I saw it and was like “why not cleanse with jaunt and end the ranger” but the result is the same mostly.

I dunno I’m getting bored with the game in general, I’m not enjoying how spammy it has become and I’m actively hating the amount of low risk high reward builds you can make and that elite specs or power creep has enabled. A lot of mirages I see in WvW run chaos (mirror of anguish and PU stealth camp) and/or run elusive mind and the mirage thrust is objectively overpowered in how much chase it gives the mirage. Elites offer more options but they also did that to every easy spec without a skill component most of the time.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:@apharma.3741 big thx for your Feedback, im happy to hear you like the vid! :) to your questions:

Wow that’s a lot, I was just thinking about the ranger thing first time I saw it and was like “why not cleanse with jaunt and end the ranger” but the result is the same mostly.

I dunno I’m getting bored with the game in general, I’m not enjoying how spammy it has become and I’m actively hating the amount of low risk high reward builds you can make and that elite specs or power creep has enabled. A lot of mirages I see in WvW run chaos (mirror of anguish and PU stealth camp) and/or run elusive mind and the mirage thrust is objectively overpowered in how much chase it gives the mirage. Elites offer more options but they also did that to every easy spec without a skill component most of the time.

hehe ye a lot sry for dat! ;)yes true for most parts, thats why i made this build exactly as it is and i have more fun with it than with core or chrono (even tho i miss the cool f5 combos sometimes), i dont think that mirage thrust is op, you still have other builds with the same or even more (dp- dash daredevil) mobility. and it has its costs. at least i dont think its op in my setup tho. good mobility is not a problem for a build that cannot facetank at all, that is different for example for warrior. also my build dont feel spammy for me since its an interrupt build you have to look for animations and rly need to interrupt keyskills, peel for teammates etc to get the max out of it, some lucky random Interrupts are not enough. and it has less CDs you can waste than a chrono. but yes as said if more options are op/ lame or not depends and for lot of builds (not only mesmer tho) it sadly leads to lame and easy builds you can just random spam skills and still get good rewards from that build (at least more than you should when playing it bad). anet is very slow with balancing but since there isnt a better game out and the combat system just is awesome and i cannot live without mesmer anymore i still can enjoy gw2. sad you seems not :(

So I have been DPS Miraging (A unique-ish not-quite-1-shot build) and Rangers are not that bad of a problem (or druids. soulbeasts are about 50/50). Scourges I win more than lose if its a 1v1. Key is to stay ranged as it makes it easier to gtfo of the red circles. Their barrier stacking is as bad as condi stacking so it takes more time. Only common issue is Spellbreakers (I have like a 20% win rate vs these) and obv better Mirages.

Tips for BDW's (Big Dumb Warriors)?

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:So I have been DPS Miraging (A unique-ish not-quite-1-shot build) and Rangers are not that bad of a problem (or druids. soulbeasts are about 50/50). Scourges I win more than lose if its a 1v1. Key is to stay ranged as it makes it easier to gtfo of the red circles. Their barrier stacking is as bad as condi stacking so it takes more time. Only common issue is Spellbreakers (I have like a 20% win rate vs these) and obv better Mirages.

yes scourge are weak to range pressure and cc, when you knwo when to go in and when better not you have a good chance. a rly good one will still be hard i guess, because they are still somehow tanky with all the barriers and you cant avoid the perma condispam. but with avoiding the burstskills you can win with a good chance. power reaper meanwhile seems to have pretty strong builds atm,very tanky with lot of ds and dmg...

im planning the next matchup duelling guide for how to counter warrior, but that needs a bit of time, the low interest in my guides are not that encouraging atm. what will help a lot is to trigger their autostabi right at the start so you dont need to mess around with that for awhile. you can see in the havocing vid that i trigger it with mantra right in the start. have in mind that most of them run also passive endre pain so dont waste too much burts when he gets near 50% hp the first time. warrior have good telegraphed attacks but they have a strange delay in the animations and also quickness and in meleerange it still can be hard to evade right on time. you can slow down the fight by stowing weapons and also by standing still sometimes and just wait for his attack. the animation delay gets smaller when the server need to calculate only one moving player and not 2 it seems. most important is to know on what weaponset he is. than you can predict pretty easy what skills he will use, for example the gs3. but in the end is warrior a counter to power mes, so when the war somehow isnt too far away from your own skill lvl he should win. that goes even more for pvp on a point or in any scenario you cant even kite him well. in pvp most time it needs too long to kill him so better leave and help somewhere else (depending on situation and how good your team hold the rest of the map and how good the warrior is etc)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:So I have been DPS Miraging (A unique-ish not-quite-1-shot build) and Rangers are not that bad of a problem (or druids. soulbeasts are about 50/50). Scourges I win more than lose if its a 1v1. Key is to stay ranged as it makes it easier to gtfo of the red circles. Their barrier stacking is as bad as condi stacking so it takes more time. Only common issue is Spellbreakers (I have like a 20% win rate vs these) and obv better Mirages.

yes scourge are weak to range pressure and cc, when you knwo when to go in and when better not you have a good chance. a rly good one will still be hard i guess, because they are still somehow tanky with all the barriers and you cant avoid the perma condispam. but with avoiding the burstskills you can win with a good chance. power reaper meanwhile seems to have pretty strong builds atm,very tanky with lot of ds and dmg...

im planning the next matchup duelling guide for how to counter warrior, but that needs a bit of time, the low interest in my guides are not that encouraging atm. what will help a lot is to trigger their autostabi right at the start so you dont need to mess around with that for awhile. you can see in the havocing vid that i trigger it with mantra right in the start. have in mind that most of them run also passive endre pain so dont waste too much burts when he gets near 50% hp the first time. warrior have good telegraphed attacks but they have a strange delay in the animations and also quickness and in meleerange it still can be hard to evade right on time. you can slow down the fight by stowing weapons and also by standing still sometimes and just wait for his attack. the animation delay gets smaller when the server need to calculate only one moving player and not 2 it seems. most important is to know on what weaponset he is. than you can predict pretty easy what skills he will use, for example the gs3. but in the end is warrior a counter to power mes, so when the war somehow isnt too far away from your own skill lvl he should win. that goes even more for pvp on a point or in any scenario you cant even kite him well. in pvp most time it needs too long to kill him so better leave and help somewhere else (depending on situation and how good your team hold the rest of the map and how good the warrior is etc)

Its more their mobility that poses an issue for me. I dont run mantras (which ive learned to live w/o) however saving bursts until after their passive endure pain is a good idea. Im not worried about their stab. Tips to get around their mobility?

For reference, here is my build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAnfRnsnBFMjNqBmpBMMjlZjCdJKujrMAqtkxf+7//H-jVCFQByZ/hCcIAYwJAAAHBgF8AAUoyvLqEcN6D0n6PkCoKlRA-w

Ive tried many wep set ups and GS was a given (I can get 25 stacks of might upon ambush, hopefully ill be working on my 1st mirage build soon) and I find Axe/Torch is a good DPS source as well. I hated sword and scepter (which also has decent DPS output) is slow af.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:So I have been DPS Miraging (A unique-ish not-quite-1-shot build) and Rangers are not that bad of a problem (or druids. soulbeasts are about 50/50). Scourges I win more than lose if its a 1v1. Key is to stay ranged as it makes it easier to gtfo of the red circles. Their barrier stacking is as bad as condi stacking so it takes more time. Only common issue is Spellbreakers (I have like a 20% win rate vs these) and obv better Mirages.

Its more their mobility that poses an issue for me. I dont run mantras (which ive learned to live w/o) however saving bursts until after their passive endure pain is a good idea. Im not worried about their stab. Tips to get around their mobility?

Ive tried many wep set ups and GS was a given (I can get 25 stacks of might upon ambush, hopefully ill be working on my 1st mirage build soon) and I find Axe/Torch is a good DPS source as well. I hated sword and scepter (which also has decent DPS output) is slow af.

i see the problem, ok running without sword makes you less mobile ofc, hmmm... you can use axe 2 for movement and try mirage advance instead illusionary ambush maybe. otherwise only use your mobilityskills when they use one to get to you. with blink, jaunt and axe 2 you still should have bit more than them get what i mean? you can try to mirror their movement skills. let them come near burst when the moment is good and then leave with a teleport. on axe you want them near to you so manage your weaponswaps in a way that his movent skills work for you and you dont need yours to get near to him when you want it. but yes warrior has insane mobility for that they have such high sustain and hit that hard with every single skill.

Hi back with a new vid i promised long ago: some wvw "western movie" montage with my full glass interrupt Mirage. With godlike editing from Illithex (contact him if you want a top edit vid too and check out his YouTube for soem great thief gamplay and guides, contact see comment under the vid or vid description). hope you can enjoy! pls notice the vid description as always! :)

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Vs Scourge it also heavily depends on what you both run. It’s a fairly easy win if they aren’t running soul marks as they run out of LF fairly easily, if they do have soul marks it’s harder (but you will usually) to win because they can keep building up LF. If you (not you Jazz as I know you don’t run it) have elusive mind though you can pretty much be immune to everything but a heavy condi bomb. Don’t waste damage on barrier, just go ranged and wait, patience is the biggest ally a mesmer and thief has.

Power reaper is an easy win no matter the build really, save most of your blinks for when they’re in DS and dodge or interrupt ghastly claws. When close they will either try to pull you in with GS5 or go DS and charge, dodge, blink away and just kite, even just turn away from them and run letting them waste DS. After DS has finished either voluntarily or they run out of LF, they will use axe so follow advise for that and got ham, they got 10s before they’re a threat mostly.

Dunno about core necro but I imagine the mirror on dodge trait would shut it down super easy.

This isn’t advise for you but papsmurf as he is newer to mirage so serves as addition to what you put.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

The problem about fighting a warrior is usually that they will do a lot more damage to you in melee that you will to them so illusionary ambust and the axe teleport is less useful as unless you have another target you can’t teleport away from them when needed. The extra clone production is also more of a hinderence sometimes, when I play warrior (spellbreaker) clones are easy heals (adrenal healing) and if you dodge to prevent me hitting them you are burning your defences which only helps me more. I can also kill them quite easily with whirlwind and block the shatters fairly easily and with permanent swiftness I can outrun them too most of the time. Ambushing onto me is a free full counter proc too.

I really would at least reconsider using axe over sword, the ability to chase a warrior when needed and escape them is very good. The domination line is also very good for boon rip to get rid of that stab which you lack so you might be better of shifting to more damage by taking superiority complex if not taking dom. I’d say mirage thrust is the 2nd best thing on mirage and is objectively too strong but being tied to a versatile and defensive weapon (blurred frenzy, iLeap jukes) it’s kinda hard to take a moral high road.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"Jazz.4639" said:

Vs Scourge it also heavily depends on what you both run. It’s a fairly easy win if they aren’t running soul marks as they run out of LF fairly easily, if they do have soul marks it’s harder (but you will usually) to win because they can keep building up LF. If you (not you Jazz as I know you don’t run it) have elusive mind though you can pretty much be immune to everything but a heavy condi bomb. Don’t waste damage on barrier, just go ranged and wait, patience is the biggest ally a mesmer and thief has.

Power reaper is an easy win no matter the build really, save most of your blinks for when they’re in DS and dodge or interrupt ghastly claws. When close they will either try to pull you in with GS5 or go DS and charge, dodge, blink away and just kite, even just turn away from them and run letting them waste DS. After DS has finished either voluntarily or they run out of LF, they will use axe so follow advise for that and got ham, they got 10s before they’re a threat mostly.

Dunno about core necro but I imagine the mirror on dodge trait would shut it down super easy.

This isn’t advise for you but papsmurf as he is newer to mirage so serves as addition to what you put.

haha np dw i have no problem with other ppl giving advices too. i tend to write in an unnecessary long way and still forget half of the stuff i wanna say, so im happy if someone else add it ;) just would say you should quote papasmurf too, so he gets a notification but you did that in the meantime. so all fine! :)

• 3 weeks later...