Still no bikini or "speedo"?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

Yes, like our happiness, including our desire for speedos and bikinis. Very important things to consider.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Yeah, like making even MORE mount skins! 2000 gems each.

This is the bizarre thing. We've already seen various forms of swimwear in the game. All of the assets are there. All anet needs to do is package the assets in the gem store then reap the profits.

Solution: Mounts -in- bikinis! Speedo Raptor! Thong Jackal! Burkini Bunny!

• 3 months later...

There has occasionally been preview codes for Kasmeer’s swimwear, which means it’s data is already in the game. And has been since a few months post release of the Southsun Cove content (years ago). But for whatever reason, Anet is refusing to release them. Which is silly, imo. They stand to make a metric s**t-ton of money if they released them as a gemstore item. Even if they packaged them as another $30 bundle item I’d still buy them for my two accounts

but what do we wanna see, there are so many design possibilities that just adding one would be redundant.https://i.pinimg.com/736x/67/f2/98/67f2982c68672cc191b4518814536634--bikini-set-sexy-bikini.jpghttps://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1DTn3RXXXXXa1XFXXq6xXFXXX1/2017-Sexy-Vintage-Red-Women-Bathing-Suit-Beach-Black-High-Cut-Swimwear-Women-One-Piece-Swimsuit.jpghttps://www.bathing-suits.info/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/10-Sexy-Harley-Quinn-Bathing-Suits.jpg

and some cute ones :3http://365coolkids.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Kids-Girls-Swimwear-Dots-Swimming-Suits-Dress-Cap-Children-Swimsuit-Princess-Beach-Bathing-Clothing-Free-Drop-12.jpg_350x350-12.jpghttps://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB15eLTIXXXXXXqXVXXq6xXFXXX2/Free-Shipping-Pink-Leopard-Stripes-Girls-Bikinis-Little-Girls-Swimwear-Children-Bikini-Cap-Shorts-And-Top.jpghttps://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1._CvHpXXXXbBaXXXq6xXFXXX4/In-2015-the-new-children-swimwear-cartoon-girls-one-piece-swimsuit-Free-shipping.jpg_640x640.jpg

male:https://image.dhgate.com/0x0/f2/albu/g1/M00/35/43/rBVaGVbN8w6ATzFJAAENf537uuE331.jpghttps://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1B3qfLXXXXXaHXVXXq6xXFXXXt/2017-Verano-El-stico-Estilo-Hombres-Boxers-Briefs-traje-de-Ba-o-Playa-de-Ba-o.jpg_640x640.jpghttps://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB13HdaKFXXXXc_XpXXq6xXFXXX4/DESMIIT-Men-s-swimwear-swimming-trunks-mens-sexy-Swimsuit-swim-trunk-bathing-briefs-male-for-men.jpg_640x640.jpghttps://www.dhresource.com/0x0s/f2-albu-g1-M01-4D-71-rBVaGFbN3CCAfR5fAAD4f1sqmUw674.jpg/2016-hot-sexy-swimwear-men-striped-swimming.jpg

sooo......choose.

Just no. I hope this request never gains traction with the devs. For every player that actually wants this for cosmetic preferences there will be ten others that use it in an offensive way. There are already outfits and armors that are "seductive" enough. The game absolutely does not need bikinis and speedos.

If Anet allowed lots more “sexy” near naked fashions, especially ones that players could dye, Anet would have to hire 20 more devs just to deal with reports for inappropriate behaviour. This is the internet’s, don’t pretend the boundaries of good taste are not challenged every single day.

You wanna go swimming get your underwear, no one will notice. If bathing suit were an outfit players would wear them everywhere. However what would not be a waste of time for Anet would be diving suits for water combat. One awesome outfit for me that I would pay for would be Paul Muad'Dib's desert outfit.History is written in the depth of the Unending ocean of Tyria. :o

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Just no. I hope this request never gains traction with the devs. For every player that actually wants this for cosmetic preferences there will be ten others that use it in an offensive way. There are already outfits and armors that are "seductive" enough. The game absolutely does not need bikinis and speedos.

I'll have you know that the Lord Faren "Worldly Traveler" fashion line is not only stylish, but also profoundly tasteful. Whether it be enjoying a day at the beach, prowling the jungle to protect the innocent from dangerous prey, or celebrating Winter festivities, no one of class or respectable standing would ever be so disrespectful and gutter minded to suggest Lord Faren's collection to be "seductive" or "indecent". After all.... no self respecting hero would stoop to such crass means, when a sparkling personality, boundless confidence, and courageous action is more then enough to earn the admiration of the people, and the adoration of a potential companion.

Mini_Southsun_Faren.jpgMini_Jungle_Lord_Faren.jpgMini_Festive_Lord_Faren.jpg

@"Super Hayes.6890" said:Just no. I hope this request never gains traction with the devs. For every player that actually wants this for cosmetic preferences there will be ten others that use it in an offensive way. There are already outfits and armors that are "seductive" enough. The game absolutely does not need bikinis and speedos.

Frankly, I don't believe anyone can be offended by a swimsuit unless they chose to.I'm just not going to pick offense over fun.I refuse to live in fear!Bring on the swimwear!

@Ardid.7203 said:

Frankly, I don't believe anyone can be offended by a swimsuit unless they chose to.I'm just not going to pick offense over fun.I refuse to live in fear!Bring on the swimwear!

Sorry but there is people who are offended

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

By that logic, I could say your comment 'offended me' and therefore, you have no right to post because you 'offended me'. If anyone is genuinely offended by a pixel doll wearing a bikini on an MMORPG video game, I am sorry (not really sorry) but the internet is not for you. The 'rabbit hole' goes insanely deep on the webs' and the offense is better reserved for other things. Go play Wizard 101, neopets or what other child friendly games that still exist.

@Zeivu.3615 said:

By that logic, I could say your comment 'offended me' and therefore, you have no right to post because you 'offended me'. If anyone is genuinely offended by a pixel doll wearing a bikini on a video game, I am sorry (not really sorry) but the internet is not for you. The 'rabbit hole' goes insanely deep on the webs and the offense is better reserved for other things.

I am not offended but some in this thread but i dont really think this would happend sadlyIf anyone says its unimmersive too have bikinis so is it also unimmersive to wear heavy plate amor and swim in it but i have low expectatuons for this.

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:

Offended over digital bodies in digital swimwear.....just wow.

How would a swimsuit be used in an offensive way?

@Ashen.2907 said:

How would a swimsuit be used in an offensive way?

Well, I suppose you could strangle someone with one if you really wanted to. Or you could throw it at them to provide a distraction from your actual attack.

You know, the best way to deal with being offended by the human body is overexposure. Since I grew up in Vegas, I'm utterly desensitized, so what most people see as lewd I see as... Tuesday. Any person taking offense is at worst a temporary level of discomfort, since they'll eventually get used to seeing pixel bikinis and then they're not offended anymore.

Personally, I plan to take full advantage of that time. The first thing that I'll do when speedos come out is run around on my man Jaheem in them.

Swimwear should not be outfits.

I am totally all for having swimwear customization, but it should be its own thing. And before we can have that, we need more places where we go into swimwear mode to justify its existence.Right now we have only two situations in which we go into "swimwear mode": Diving goggles, and a beach in Southsun.

So, to have actual reasons to be able to customize our character swimwear/underwear we need more places where it is used:

• More water springs and hot springs, like cascades in Dry Top, Zelechor Hot Springs, Dragon's Teeth Hot Springs, southsun hot springs, etc.
  • More beaches and beach-side resorts would put players in swimwear mode, including the beach and beach-side bar in LA, maybe refurbish some less visited spots in each city as public bathhouses.
  • More activities should use swimwear mode, specially those in sunny beaches like Crab Toss and Sotuhsun Survival (a new item would be added "armor" that protects against one hit, while wearing the armor you go back to your usual attire, those without armor would be in swimwear, like how Arthur loses his armor in Ghosts 'n Goblins.)
  • More open world activities other than Diving goggles would put players in swimwear mode, for example, a new Fishing mastery would be introduced, and there would be two ways to fish: fishing nodes that start a fishing minigames, and diving fishing ranges where players can kill fishes until they complete a quota and earn a daily chest with fishing rewards. When entering the fishing diving areas, players would go into swimwear mode.

Then we could have all sorts of swimwear that is customized in a new slot in the outfit panel.

Also, swimwear, even the default underwear, would become dyable.

if you can find me any clothing that is even remotely "seductive"in this game i applaud you.