Elitism - Mass Discussion Thread

Sorry I skipped the 12 pages above but imho the problem isn't the meta builds and desired composition rather than the snub attitude of some people who because they are capable in doing some raid runs they think they already learned everything about the game and even judging others - I see many players with low AP (meaning they have done a small portion of the game content) mocking and being aggressive to others only because 'they run the meta thing and so they know it all'. So much delusion and vanity these days. :)

Personally I go for random compositions (only ask for healer when a demanding fractal is daily like 87, 99 or 100) and try to help less experienced players by explaining phases or mechanics if necessary. I find it more challenging and fun that way.

@"Dreddo.9865" said:Sorry I skipped the 12 pages above but imho the problem isn't the meta builds and desired composition rather than the snub attitude of some people who because they are capable in doing some raid runs they think they already learned everything about the game and even judging others - I see many players with low AP (meaning they have done a small portion of the game content) mocking and being aggressive to others only because 'they run the meta thing and so they know it all'. So much delusion and vanity these days. :)

Personally I go for random compositions (only ask for healer when a demanding fractal is daily like 87, 99 or 100) and try to help less experienced players by explaining phases or mechanics if necessary. I find it more challenging and fun that way.

Raid comps let bad players do good in fractals, there is no more old "you fail, you die", meta made it "You fail, druid will outheal the damage in no time". Time and time again I join n+ KP runs and people fail Oasis, which is pure pre rework fractal experience - you get hit a few times, you die, because they expect druid to just outheal the damage. Social Awkwardness can be ignored by druid, because how much healing he can dish out. Fractals need harsher Agony punishment do stop druids just out healing high hitting attacks in 2 seconds and letting players ignore SA

@"Bakeneko.5826" said:Raid comps let bad players do good in fractals, there is no more old "you fail, you die", meta made it "You fail, druid will outheal the damage in no time". Time and time again I join n+ KP runs and people fail Oasis, which is pure pre rework fractal experience - you get hit a few times, you die, because they expect druid to just outheal the damage. Social Awkwardness can be ignored by druid, because how much healing he can dish out. Fractals need harsher Agony punishment do stop druids just out healing high hitting attacks in 2 seconds and letting players ignore SA

So much wrong stuff in your post, sigh.

• You can't outheal social awkwardness and you cannot ignore it. Try standing inside each other and you'll wipe.
  • I don't believe you about your joining of KP runs and a lot of failure on Oasis. The most experienced groups are using around 100 KP and they barely fail. Maybe they wipe from time to time but that's not the general outcome.
  • The real meta comps breeze through CMs + T4 and it's most likely that you have no clue about the skill level and speed those groups have. Sometimes I run t4 fractals - not cms - on my twink account - non-meta and meta groups. Usually both are terrible compared to the high KP groups I join on a daily basis on my main acc.

So. Just going to leave this here. My buddy and I just did a pug 100 cm. We one shot the entire fractal. At the end 2 people start complaining because my friend was using a firebrand support build. They were bashing his build when we just one shot the entire fractal in good time. Now that's extreme... completely uncalled for

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:So. Just going to leave this here. My buddy and I just did a pug 100 cm. We one shot the entire fractal. At the end 2 people start complaining because my friend was using a firebrand support build. They were bashing his build when we just one shot the entire fractal in good time. Now that's extreme... completely uncalled for

Noobs following SC/other guild benchmarks thinks Firebrand support is bad. Nothing new.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:So. Just going to leave this here. My buddy and I just did a pug 100 cm. We one shot the entire fractal. At the end 2 people start complaining because my friend was using a firebrand support build. They were bashing his build when we just one shot the entire fractal in good time. Now that's extreme... completely uncalled for

Noobs following SC/other guild benchmarks thinks Firebrand support is bad. Nothing new.

But.... a quick oneshot... what more could they want? Lol

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@"Zalavaaris.5329" said:But.... a quick oneshot... what more could they want? LolTopping Arc-dps or you failed. :)

The funny thing is I did lol

We didn't break any records but we one shot all of the 100 cm bosses. Everyone dodged arkks red orbs and we all quickly got our rewards. The fact that someone ignored our success and focused instead on a class that isnt on the "members only" list is just embarrassing for a community. League of legends might be less toxic. And I dont use that word often.

That is exactly what I'm talking about right there. Discrimination regardless of performance.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

That is exactly what I'm talking about right there. Discrimination regardless of performance.

that's a good way to put it, i would add discrimination regardless of context. The ignorant player values numbers more than people.

@Bakeneko.5826 said:Don;t bother, he is troll, who comes to say anything that is not meta by raid guilds is useless

That's a infamous allegation and a blatant lie. It's obvious that I ran more off-meta stuff in 6 years of GW2 than you and still doing it from time to time when I'm in the mood. But I didn't expect anything from someone who has no clue about an easy mechanic behind a fractal instability.

The problem of his story is it's kinda way too unrealistic that a group will take him over the whole run, everything went fine and in the end - after a successful run without any wipe - they started to complain and being toxic. That doesn't make any sense at all. Of course there are irrational people in this game but from a n=1 story you can't infer that this is the general rule while on the other hand people are doing hundred of runs without any incident.Last but not least if they don't agree to a sup firebrand they wouldn't take him from the beginning and boot him or kick him after 1-2 bosses because it's not working or less effective as they wished.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Bakeneko.5826 said:Don;t bother, he is troll, who comes to say anything that is not meta by raid guilds is useless

That's a infamous allegation and a blatant lie. It's obvious that I ran more off-meta stuff in 6 years of GW2 than you and still doing it from time to time when I'm in the mood. But I didn't expect anything from someone who has no clue about an easy mechanic behind a fractal instability.

The problem of his story is it's kinda way too unrealistic that a group will take him over the whole run, everything went fine and in the end - after a
successful run without any wipe
- they started to complain and being toxic. That doesn't make any sense at all. Of course there are irrational people in this game but from a n=1 story you can't infer that this is the general rule while on the other hand people are doing hundred of runs without any incident.Last but not least if they don't agree to a sup firebrand they wouldn't take him from the beginning and boot him or kick him after 1-2 bosses because it's not working or less effective as they wished.

THEY didn't take him. It was our group that we started so we made the rules. It was an unusually quick easy run as my groups usually wipe on arkk a couple times due to pugs missing red orbs or not killing the anomaly. I wasnt claiming it was an every day occurence, it really wasnt. The fact of the matter is that even on this day we had to deal with this bs.

Hmm seems odd to me, I've run several times with firebrand/rev or even engi healers and that without issues.

The only case where I'd call out or kick someone for playing such a build, is if the role is already covered by other group members.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

I would fathom a guess that it wasn't regardless of performance. You can one-shot the fractal while underperforming heavily. For instance, the group I joined today featured a dps chrono who did worse dps than the banner warrior on more than one fight. We still one-shot everything. But it doesn't mean his performance was okay.

@Feanor.2358 said:

I would fathom a guess that it
wasn't
regardless of performance. You can one-shot the fractal while underperforming heavily. For instance, the group I joined today featured a dps chrono who did worse dps than the banner warrior on more than one fight. We still one-shot everything. But it doesn't mean his performance was okay.

His performance was just fine thanks and honestly, as the top dps in that fractal nobody had any right to say anything as they all were lower than me.

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:

wasn't
regardless of performance. You can one-shot the fractal while underperforming heavily. For instance, the group I joined today featured a dps chrono who did worse dps than the banner warrior on more than one fight. We still one-shot everything. But it doesn't mean his performance was okay.

His performance was just fine thanks and honestly, as the top dps in that fractal nobody had any right to say anything as they all were lower than me.

I don't know in what group you were top dps, but it wasn't in mine.

@Feanor.2358 said:

wasn't

It looked like you were referencing my friends performance as a fb support. In which I was top dps. Your comment saying "you can one-shot the fractal while underperforming heavily" seemed as if you were doubting our performance. That's all, if that's not the case then it was a misunderstanding.

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:

wasn't

It looked like you were referencing my friends performance as a fb support. In which I was top dps. Your comment saying "you can one-shot the fractal while underperforming heavily" seemed as if you were doubting our performance. That's all, if that's not the case then it was a misunderstanding.

Maybe you should read what you quote.

They saidthe group I joined today featured a dps chrono who did worse dps than the banner warrior on more than one fight.

Your friend was a firebrand so how could that sentence in any way shape or form be tied to him/her?

@Linken.6345 said:

wasn't

They saidthe group I joined today featured a dps chrono who did worse dps than the banner warrior on more than one fight.

Your friend was a firebrand so how could that sentence in any way shape or form be tied to him/her?

Yep, already stated it was a misunderstanding. Do I need a formal apology?

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:

wasn't

Yep, already stated it was a misunderstanding. Do I need a formal apology?

You know they're only giving you grief because you were partied with a FB support. If you had been partied with a Druid they would have ignored comment.