Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Skills like Temporal Curtain are necessary for WvW. Its a unique play maker to briefly disrupt people on siege or make them explode in other allies' aoe.

If you are on the wall and see a bunch of marks you should probably anticipate having to negate a temporal curtain pull (into the void). It has a 1 second delay and makes an obnoxious noise. Yes, I actually know the name of the roll-over skill for Temporal Curtain. Its called learning.

The thing is it can pull people from the 8th-11th step from top of inner part of stairs - that is no longer a part of the top of the wall. It pulls you from the stairs to the topside of the wall and drags you to the edge. It has a bigger reach than it should. Sure, top of the wall, no problem, but not at the places I've talked about.

guy, thats the play of the skill...play a warrior or something if you cant negate a 1sec telegraphed skill with obnoxious sound to it.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:I think people are ignoring the fact of the reach of the pull this whole thread. It's not about the audio cue and even if the visuals don't render on the other side of the wall - it's the reach. I don't mind the ignorance as long as Anet become aware.

true that it has a whopping 600 radius so it doesnt even need to be cast over walls

@DemonSeed.3528 said:I think people are ignoring the fact of the reach of the pull this whole thread. It's not about the audio cue and even if the visuals don't render on the other side of the wall - it's the reach. I don't mind the ignorance as long as Anet become aware.

Offensively, Into the Void pulls. That all...

It's like asking anet to nerf hammer rev's field of the mist size because it blocks projectiles at too wide of an angle...Or ranger's muddy terrain because it causes cripple over too large an area...Or warrior banner's swift skill for giving out too much easy swiftness...Or guardian's elite signet for healing all allies in a large area to full...

@Justine.6351 said:

It's like asking anet to nerf hammer rev's field of the mist size because it blocks projectiles at too wide of an angle...Or ranger's muddy terrain because it causes cripple over too large an area...Or warrior banner's swift skill for giving out too much easy swiftness...Or guardian's elite signet for healing all allies in a large area to full...

Do those work through walls? That all :)

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

Do those work through walls? That all :)

There are ALOT of skills that work through walls...

One of them does up to 5k damage, 3sec stun on a 5sec CD.

@coro.3176 said:

@"hunkamania.7561" said:Mesmer pull is fine. You can hear the curtain when it's dropped and Dodge it. You're just bad. Since it will effect siege users I bet anet will nerf it since they love their siege humpers.

I find I
can't
hear it as obviously as I used to be able to. In the past, there was alwasy a really clear "mesmer pull inc" sound, but now it's either covered up by something, or not playing at all.

Likewise, you used to be able to sort of see it on the wall/ground when it was used, but recently I haven't been seeing it at all. I wonder if the animation and sound effects are being culled at a high priority...

There have been bugs around that have not rendered visuals or sounds before so it's not surprising if that happened to you. It could also be a sync/lag issue.

@steki.1478 said:Maybe you should start fighting with players instead of siege.If it's one or two guys on a wall defending against a zerg, then I don't see how that would end well. The defenders may literally be attempting to buy time for more defenders to arrive and then an actual fight might occur.

Alternatively you could be advocating that there should be no defenders so that the attacking group could PvLord. Yay karma train I guess?

@"Rezzet.3614" " said:guy, thats the play of the skill...play a warrior or something if you cant negate a 1sec telegraphed skill with obnoxious sound to it.How do you even see it in the mass of AOE spam and other sound effects? All its tells are basically concealed and that's assuming it's even placed on a part of the wall where it COULD be seen and not further down on the wall out of the view of the defenders

@Brigand.9502 said:

@steki.1478 said:Maybe you should start fighting with players instead of siege.If it's one or two guys on a wall defending against a zerg, then I don't see how that would end well. The defenders may literally be attempting to buy time for more defenders to arrive and then an actual fight might occur.

Alternatively you could be advocating that there should be no defenders so that the attacking group could PvLord. Yay karma train I guess?

It was 2-4 attackers and 5+ defenders. None of them were attacking from the wall, they just started building siege.

There was also situations where I started clearing siege which was attacking the zerg, but siege was on a different wall. So while they have 10+ defenders on that wall, none of them is actually attacking me, but building ac/ballistas specifically for me or manning the siege nearby for same purpose (none of them could actually reach the main zerg).

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:That doesn't negate the topic we are talking about.

Oh yes the topic,

Anet let's go ahead and nerf a skill on a weapon that has been plagued with a terrible skill 5 that was finnaly made decent but then mysteriously got the ole anet infamous "improved" nerf. Let's also completely ignore the fact that it's supporting trait that would actually add some offensive teeth to it is placed in a lolsupport trait line. Or the fact into the void has been nerfed directly multiple times already. The game keeps getting easier every year and yet this skill keeps getting nerfed? How does that even make sense lol...

I stopped playing focus on my mesmer because it fails to do any pull I'd guess 66% of the time. And if it doesn't pull it doesn't do anything. Why does it fails so much? Beyond the telegraph: stability, anti-cc traits and aegis are the most prominent. Much more of the time the pull just does nothing of real value. So what if you got pulled? Just walk back to the safety of the inside of the wall. If you get pulled into heavy aoe, just negate it with the dozens of ways to do so.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:That doesn't negate the topic we are talking about.

Oh yes the topic,

Anet let's go ahead and nerf a skill on a weapon that has been plagued with a terrible skill 5 that was finnaly made decent but then mysteriously got the ole anet infamous "improved" nerf. Let's also completely ignore the fact that it's supporting trait that would actually add some offensive teeth to it is placed in a lolsupport trait line. Or the fact into the void has been nerfed directly multiple times already. The game keeps getting easier every year and yet this skill keeps getting nerfed? How does that even make sense lol...

I stopped playing focus on my mesmer because it fails to do any pull I'd guess 66% of the time. And if it doesn't pull it doesn't do anything. Why does it fails so much? Beyond the telegraph: stability, anti-cc traits and aegis are the most prominent. Much more of the time the pull just does nothing of real value. So what if you got pulled? Just walk back to the safety of the inside of the wall. If you get pulled into heavy aoe, just negate it with the dozens of ways to do so.

Ouch, wow. I can see this is a touchy kind of subject for you. Sorry for stepping on any toes. Ok, pull does nothing of real value. Gotcha :)If it does nothing of real value, then adjusting it won't harm it at all right?

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:That doesn't negate the topic we are talking about.

Oh yes the topic,

Ouch, wow. I can see this is a touchy kind of subject for you. Sorry for stepping on any toes. Ok, pull does nothing of real value. Gotcha :)If it does nothing of real value, then adjusting it won't harm it at all right?

Not adjusting it requires less man power...

@hunkamania.7561 said:Mesmer pull is fine. You can hear the curtain when it's dropped and Dodge it. You're just bad. Since it will effect siege users I bet anet will nerf it since they love their siege humpers.

Audio cue alone is not sufficient for the deaf or people with hearing issues or who do not use game sound for whatever reason. Every mechanic that requires a dodge to negate needs an always-visible screen presence.

@"MiniMe.1960" said:How can one get owned by such an obvious skill? Ever heard of stability/dodge? L2p victim!!!

What is "obvious" when it's placed on the back/invisible side of the wall? It's undetectable, and you can't run around with stability up 100% of the time "just in case".

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

@"MiniMe.1960" said:How can one get owned by such an obvious skill? Ever heard of stability/dodge? L2p victim!!!

What is "obvious" when it's placed on the back/invisible side of the wall? It's undetectable, and you can't run around with stability up 100% of the time "just in case".

sound, and for dropping one siege disabler you don't need more than 3 seconds

• Sad 1

@MiniMe.1960 said:

@MiniMe.1960 said:How can one get owned by such an obvious skill? Ever heard of stability/dodge? L2p victim!!!

Siege disabler against a pull?

@MiniMe.1960 said:

@MiniMe.1960 said:How can one get owned by such an obvious skill? Ever heard of stability/dodge? L2p victim!!!

Guess you've chosen to ignore what I said about deaf/hearing-impared players, and last I checked, mesmers weren't considered siege.

@BlueMelody.6398 said:

Guess you've chosen to ignore what I said about deaf/hearing-impared players, and last I checked, mesmers weren't considered siege.

Why is that even a point though? I honestly can't imagine a using the deaf/hearing impaired card as a justifiable reason to nerf a skill. If anet was catering to such a small minority like that then Deaths Judgement would have been nerfed to oblivion a long time ago.

For the topic- Anet wont nerf the skill. What they are more likely to do, is make it so skills wont be able to be placed on walls. By simply making the terrain on the walls untargetabble. This way- No more Ele's and scourges dropping AoE's that can cover the entire platform area on a wall. and No more guardian or mesmer pulls.You just fixed wall siege. their you go.

If you are going to nerf one thing, you may as well nerf them all so people like you don't come back and cry about their AC camp farm being ruined.