Utopia classes — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Utopia classes

castlemanic.3198castlemanic.3198 Member ✭✭✭

Class design and lore has to be one of my favourite things with regards to RPGs so I figured I'd ask these questions about the Utopia classes:

1. What were the design intentions for chronomancer and summoner? what made them different thematically from the other classes? any chance you remember sample abilities?
  2. Was there any lore that was developed before utopia got scrapped for the classes?
  3. Were there any other classes considered before you settled on chronomancer and summoner?

Thank you ahead of time! I love this franchise and I'm so glad to see where it's going.

If you join a debate and provide little to no proof when the other side provides lots of evidence, you can't then declare yourself the winner of that debate. Veterans can make signatures apparently.

Tagged:

Comments

• I don't believe we got to the point of really developing class lore for Utopia. Most of it was still in early paper design when we cancelled the project. I don't recall us ever really considering any other classes than Summoner and Chronomancer.

Lead Game Designer with a primary focus on Living World content/story

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.