Any chance of mods in GW1? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Any chance of mods in GW1?

Is there any chance that guild wars 1 will ever be opened up to mods. player generated content would be great and I can imagine it would be a great platform for games such as dungeons and dragons. homebrew campaigns could definitely help scratch that guild wars 1 itch. I know this is wishful thinking, but one can dream.

Comments

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

They are against people having access to their coding stuff or something and at this point in the games life it would likely be abused. Which sucks because there are a few items here and there that I would like to clean up. Kind of annoying to see static items randomly floating in obscure areas of the game that were never addressed because nobody else saw/noticed them.

If you are a gw1 player,
    Go to Icedome and find the magical dwarven floating walkway up above.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• DelosX.4829DelosX.4829 Member ✭✭

It's highly doubtful, but a dream come true if it became the case. I'd love to make stuff for GW2. With how everything is downloaded on the fly, I can imagine it happening, but it'd be very difficult to host and moderate it all. It also probably wouldn't be worth it from a financial perspective, either.

We can dream, though.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.