Floating Wizard's Tower — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Floating Wizard's Tower

Is it true that the floating wizard's tower in Kessek Peak is the secret guild hall of the ArenaNet employees? I hear said that Gaile's avatar sat on a golden throne decorated with magical frogs where she would prepare to travel down to bless the common players with an appearance. Was there an armory of ban-hammers and Dhuums waiting to be deployed as part of the anti-bot brigade? And slightly more seriously... were there ever actual plans for the wizard's tower beyond some really nice scenery?

Comments

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018

@FlipSide.4765 said:
    Is it true that the floating wizard's tower in Kessek Peak is the secret guild hall of the ArenaNet employees? I hear said that Gaile's avatar sat on a golden throne decorated with magical frogs where she would prepare to travel down to bless the common players with an appearance. Was there an armory of ban-hammers and Dhuums waiting to be deployed as part of the anti-bot brigade? And slightly more seriously... were there ever actual plans for the wizard's tower beyond some really nice scenery?

I suspect it may become a raid at some point.

Regardless, in GW1 it was in a zone pretty far away from any nearby outposts, and only visible on a small portion of the map. It was likely inserted as an easter egg in the original for reaching a rather specific spot, and it was carried into GW2.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.