[Poll] Weapon for the next Ranger Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryrok.1302 said:Rangers have so many cool off-hand weapon options that it's a shame they're so limited in main-hand weapons.

Yeah but ranger has so many ranged options i rather want a weapon that hits an area in front of you in melee range instead of a onehanded LB/SB replacement.Idk what rifle and pistol want to cover ranger hasnt got yet.

Yeah Ranger has longbow, shortbow, axe and staff that are ranged wepons. I would like to get another melee weapon but a two handed one.

Since I made HOPE already, I really wish they release P/P for ranger. (5 skills, much like how warrior gets both daggers)

So far ranger has very few main-hand option, and only ONE range main-hand option, which is kind of hyber/ condition oriented too.So it'd be very nice if we get P/P that uses power for ranger.To differentiate from thief's P/P, maybe makes it focus more on the aoe aspect, 1200 range.

PS: I have no idea why people want Rifle since it'd pretty much be exactly the same as LB when you think about how Rifle works.P/P at least would be vastly different from axe. P/P also gains another off-hand for ranger , increasing versatility.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryrok.1302 said:Rangers have so many cool off-hand weapon options that it's a shame they're so limited in main-hand weapons.

Yeah but ranger has so many ranged options i rather want a weapon that hits an area in front of you in melee range instead of a onehanded LB/SB replacement.Idk what rifle and pistol want to cover ranger hasnt got yet.

Tbf. ranger's highest dps still comes from pretty much melee range condition..Also we have as much melee as range.Dagger main/offhand, torch, sword, GS are all melee range.Axe is range, but to utilize #2 skill, people pretty much fight point blank too..

What ranger lacks right now is actually an aoe oriented range weapon that focus on area damage and area denial, which ranger so far has none.(LB can barely count as one since only #5 skill hits aoe range. The damage is also pretty bad)

@Aomine.5012 said:

Tbf. ranger's highest dps still comes from pretty much melee range condition..Also we have as much melee as range.Dagger main/offhand, torch, sword, GS are all melee range.Axe is range, but to utilize #2 skill, people pretty much fight point blank too..

What ranger lacks right now is actually an aoe oriented range weapon that focus on area damage and area denial, which ranger so far has none.(LB can barely count as one since only #5 skill hits aoe range. The damage is also pretty bad)

Ofc we have a balanced collection if weapons but simething similar to Axe MH would be nice but AoE. So a mid to close range AoE CC weapon.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Ofc we have a balanced collection if weapons but simething similar to Axe MH would be nice but AoE. So a mid to close range AoE CC weapon.

I prefer hammer over mace because you are guaranteed to fet 5 new skills instead of just 2 or 3 if Anet decides to only give ranger new mainhand or offhand weapon. Also mace is too similar to dagger or axe IMO. I'd rather have a big hammer that adds more diversity to this class.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

I prefer hammer over mace because you are guaranteed to fet 5 new skills instead of just 2 or 3 if Anet decides to only give ranger new mainhand or offhand weapon. Also mace is too similar to dagger or axe IMO. I'd rather have a big hammer that adds more diversity to this class.

Mace only when duelwielding ofc.Just for the combinatorial advantage.Personally i am not a fan of hammer skins but if they put some nice ones in i am maybe up for it.Hammer or mace are both suited for the needed CC role. But yeah i agree with the 5 skills so either double mace or hammer not just a OH or MH.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Mace only when duelwielding ofc.Just for the combinatorial advantage.Personally i am not a fan of hammer skins but if they put some nice ones in i am maybe up for it.Hammer or mace are both suited for the needed CC role. But yeah i agree with the 5 skills so either double mace or hammer not just a OH or MH.

I wish Anet would always give elite specs 5 new weapon skills at least. Either with one two-handed weapon or one main-hand and one off-hand weapon together.

I love Scrapper's hammer skills for example. I really would love to have similar power dmg/cc skills on the ranger.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

I wish Anet would always give elite specs 5 new weapon skills at least. Either with one two-handed weapon or one main-hand and one off-hand weapon together.

I love Scrapper's hammer skills for example. I really would love to have similar power dmg/cc skills on the ranger.

Yeah but on the other hand i really love sword/axe axe/torch berserker woth ita fluent weaponswaps and the hybrid playstyle.Double weapons would just give more options on build customization. Although i would probably run Hammer/GS if we get Hammer instead of double mace.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Yeah but on the other hand i really love sword/axe axe/torch berserker woth ita fluent weaponswaps and the hybrid playstyle.Double weapons would just give more options on build customization. Although i would probably run Hammer/GS if we get Hammer instead of double mace.

Oh I see what you mean and I agree with you! There are more weapon varitions with main/offhand weapons.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Yeah I hear you; I want more weapons that I can use from slightly-more-than-melee range. Something that pairs well with torch, warhorn and off-hand axe.IMO pistol would be the coolest, as you could give it both main and off-hand capability, five new skills that let you mix and match a lot. That's what I want, but I'd probably bet on Rifle, with the lore being some kind of big-game hunter.

not quit. if you ever played ever quest they had a class that was a combo of monk and ranger that used claws and hand to hand wepons but did not feel like a monk or ranger it was a cool class and it would fit for the ranger in this game becouse the ranger is like a buffer for pve content and it would work.

I voted for focus but I think there are some interesting options. It would be cool to see something new and unique, that's why I think a magical weapon that doesn't seem very ranger-like like focus or scepter would be good and interesting options for a new spec. If it wasn't that, pistol would be cool... But I think its concept would end up being more traditional and boring. Same with shield, as long it's not just a block and some cc it would be cool too.

I'd like to see a Ranger spec that allows you to transform into the 4 main spirit animals of the norn, like some kind of spirit talker. Only so they change your utility skills though, so you can transform to raven and gain raven based utilities, or bear and have like a defensive set of utilities, wolf for supporting utilities and the panther like one for stealth high individual damage utilities / self buffing utilities

@daviesforu.6291 said:I'd like to see a Ranger spec that allows you to transform into the 4 main spirit animals of the norn, like some kind of spirit talker. Only so they change your utility skills though, so you can transform to raven and gain raven based utilities, or bear and have like a defensive set of utilities, wolf for supporting utilities and the panther like one for stealth high individual damage utilities / self buffing utilities

I feel like this is what soulbeast should have been: make it a more visceral change (possibly a model change), and change your 1/2/3 skills. That would have been amazing. I like the variety we get with SB, but the concept seems milquetoast.

• 3 weeks later...