HD version of GW1 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

HD version of GW1

Are there any thoughts on redoing GW1 with better graphics and maybe new content? There is 100? years to play with for added story. Seeing how "reboots" are a thing these days.

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

Tagged:

Comments

• wanya.1697wanya.1697 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2018

for the graphics part of your question:
    there was a recent update to the engine
    so it now looks better if you turn advanced on in graphics settings
    https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates (May 9th)

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would buy it in a heartbeat but unfortunatly I don't think it will be a thing.

• Ok I Did It.2854Ok I Did It.2854 Member ✭✭✭

Did they not cover this before stating they wouldn't be releasing an HD version of the game, it would probably require a ton of effort to do that anyway.

• It would be a lot of work in non-obvious ways. The current game download is almost 4 gigabytes, which is the largest file the old engine can process. So if we figured out a way to up-rez the textures, for instance, we couldn't download them without rewriting the .dat file manager.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.