What were the original plans for the rest of Guild Wars: Beyond? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What were the original plans for the rest of Guild Wars: Beyond?

Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭

We only got Beyond episodes for Prophecies (War in Kryta) and Factions (Winds of Change). We're missing two other episodes for both Nightfall and Eye of the North.

What were the original plans for those two? Why were they cut down?

I would guess the original plans could have been something like this:

• Something with Palawa Joko for Nightfall, playing cat and mouse with him. More about his backstory, who he is, and how he became so powerful. He's trying to be dangerous once again, but he's being sneaky, and by the end of the conflict, we can't blame him directly, since the awakened he used for his shenanigans supposedly "went rogue" and disobeyed him. General Morgahn is the new Spearmarshal, with Tahlkora following close by as his second. We don't get to see Elona collapse (GW2 says that happened decades after Nightfall), but the basic premise is established. Awakened Kehanni as the missing mesmer hero? Pygmy Hippopotamus as a new charmable animal?
  • Foundation of Ebonhawke by the Ebon Vanguard. Could include three potential new zones south of Ascalon, and be the "real ending" of GW1, with the Foefire destroying Ascalon at the end, only Ebonhawke surviving. All the characters from all campaigns would converge here for the epic finale. Was this story recycled and included in GW2 through the multiple books we can find at Ebonhawke?

That's just my head-canon, of course, but I'd still like to know which were the true plans, even if they no longer make sense with GW2's latest developments.

Tagged:

Comments

• (Mike Z might be able to answer this better) By early designs, the Elonan chapter could have been about two plot threads - giving closure to the Margonites left behind, and Joko's conquest of Elona. An early idea that was considered was to let players create an Awakened character and serve Joko for a short campaign taking place between GW1 and GW2, to avoid the issue of his conquest occurring many years after GW1.

I always wanted to let Elonan players become Spearmarshal after Nightfall, but that's just my personal opinion. I bet there is a lot of paperwork involved in the position, though.

I don't think there were any notable plans for an Eye of the North chapter apart from Hearts of the North.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.