What Happened to Some Creatures Between Games? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What Happened to Some Creatures Between Games?

Loved gw1 so much, Factions being my most favourite campaign followed by EoTN.

1) There are Various creatures across the Tyrian (Prophecies) continent that have yet to resurface even though 250 years ago in Gw1 the maps were littered with them, Talking about Gargoyles, Mergoyles, Azure, Eidolon, Seer, Dryder, Grentch, Phantom, Heket etc, What actually happened to these? Mostly focusing on the gargolyes/ mergoyles.

2) Is there any plans to use old gw1 dungeons a part of gw2? not saying i want more dungeons because its kind of useless to ask :P but i would like to see more explorable maps containing underground areas such as the secret lair of the snowmen.

3) I loved Norn in gw1, their whole area was amazing to explore, their missions were great (Loved Ursain blessing although its been adapted to bear for gw2). The Most fun i had was Kilroys Punchout Tournament, would there ever be consideration to add this into Hoelbrak? Feels to me Hoelbrak needs something to Preserve the Memory of where they came, and this would be an awesome addition.

Thanks for Reading =]

Comments

• Lucky.9421Lucky.9421 Member ✭✭

I sure did miss the Heket in PoF. And Centaurs :(

• JackassTheX.6351JackassTheX.6351 Member ✭✭✭

Bit of a stretch, but I always thought "Hylek" was the Krytan/Tyrian term for "Heket", which would be an Elonian word. They are kind of similar.

• Heket and Hylek are interchangeable terms, Hylek is what's commonly used in Tyria.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Gargoyles were addressed in the last chat. Nothing happened to them, they just didn't put them in

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37781/what-happened-to-the-gargoyles#latest

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• In GW1, Hylek were a specific type of Heket. When Arenanet announced them as one of the minor races in GW2, they mentioned that they the species as a whole had adopted the name "hylek".

The hylek are the frog people of Tyria. Once the name of a specific tribe, it is now common parlance to call all frog people “hylek.” Even the frog people themselves have adopted the name “hylek” for their race, though they also keep individual tribe names to distinguish themselves from one another.

Source

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.