Could we get a FoV change for UltraWide please? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Could we get a FoV change for UltraWide please?

TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, I asked Guild Wars support about this a long time ago and my request was denied because the game is in maintenance mode. But I guess I could take one more chance here. Especially with the wonderful new graphics improvements that we got this month. (Thanks a lot for these, they're absolutely awesome!)

Here it goes. Since I upgraded to an UltraWide monitor, the vertical field of view is getting quite annoyingly low and the game currently has no option to change this. It would be wonderful to get a FoV slider or an automatic FoV increase based on the aspect ratio of your resolution.

To make it visual:

This is traditional 4:3 aspect ratio:

This is normal widescreen 16:9:

This is ultrawide 21:9

Note how more and more of the vertical information gets lost as wider the aspect ratio becomes. (Even tho all screenshots have a height of 1440 pixels)
I would love to see this change implemented. I know there is a somewhat questionable? mod out there that also allows users to change their FoV but I'm afraid to use it because I don't want to risk a ban.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

Tagged:

Comments

• This may or may not be coming in a future release. Your guess is as good as mine ;)

-Bill

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭

I didn't even notice it. Going to be pretty amazing. Think I am going to start doing some GW1 quick vanq vids on my youtube channel 21:9 style ;-)

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.