[Merged] Customer Support Ticket Response Times

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Greaka.6905 said:Hey there,I opened a ticket on the 13th of May and have still no answer. I know sometimes it takes a while to get an answer but since your normal response times are half a week in worst case, I begin to wonder if my ticket was missed or something. So does anyone have an ETA on when I can hope for an answer?

Also: When I wanted to open the ticket, I could not log into my account. Whenever I was on the support page, it told me to log in (with a link). So i click the link, enter my credentials and land on the account page. I then click again on support and the support page tells me that I am not logged in. So I had to create my ticket without being logged in. Chrome v66, no script blockers etc. Just the plain browser.

This sounds so trivial, but when I have that problem (on firefox though) its either a faulty cookie. So deleting the cookies helps me. Or for whatever reason I have to force reload the account page because it loads the cached version.

Obviously, it could be something entirely else for you, and to boot you already opened the ticket.. but yeah :)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"futte.8459" said:I have requested a Credit Card removal from my account, 7 days ago and 6 days since activity which. I asked for an update earlier today, but no answer yet. My credit card hasnt been removed from my account either.ID: #6905022

I'm sure this will be handled soon, but a word of advice: For
anything
having to do with credit cards, or purchases, or billing -- always use the Form called "Purchase Issue" to get the right eyes on the ticket. We want to be sure that agents especially trained in handling in these matters get those tickets in their queues.

@"Flaster.5709" said:Arenanet closed my newest ticket with no response or solution. Absolutly unbelievable!

The new ticket was closed *
because you submitted a duplicate ticket
and for no other reason. The other one -- 6901678 -- still is open and will be resolved. Any information you provided in your new tickets was copied into the first ticket. But I'm sure you can realize how time-consuming this is, when people submit new tickets, put in tickets using "trash e-mail accounts" and take any number of steps to try to move up in the queue.

I don't blame you or anyone for wanting help, and for hoping to get it more quickly. But please follow the proper steps and do not submit new tickets on the same issue, because that slows the process for every single player needing help.

Thank you very much for the assistance.

@Yasi.9065 said:

@Greaka.6905 said:Hey there,I opened a ticket on the 13th of May and have still no answer. I know sometimes it takes a while to get an answer but since your normal response times are half a week in worst case, I begin to wonder if my ticket was missed or something. So does anyone have an ETA on when I can hope for an answer?

Also: When I wanted to open the ticket, I could not log into my account. Whenever I was on the support page, it told me to log in (with a link). So i click the link, enter my credentials and land on the account page. I then click again on support and the support page tells me that I am not logged in. So I had to create my ticket without being logged in. Chrome v66, no script blockers etc. Just the plain browser.

This sounds so trivial, but when I have that problem (on firefox though) its either a faulty cookie. So deleting the cookies helps me. Or for whatever reason I have to force reload the account page because it loads the cached version.

Obviously, it could be something entirely else for you, and to boot you already opened the ticket.. but yeah :)

Same deal for me: I got into a strange cycle between forums and arenanet login, and clearing cookies fixed it. Definitely worth trying. Easy google to find instructions for whatever browser you are using.

Greetings Gaile Gray/ArenaNet!

My friend has a problem getting into his game rite now, he has since posted a ticket (6911985/6914337) The reason for 2 ticket numbers is his browser was glitchy and didnt act like it took when he submitted it but later found 2 emails awaiting him with 2 separate tickets, (he apologizes) for the redundant amount of tickets. He tried logging in but doesnt remember his password/name as its been some year or 2 since hes played the game(s). He hasnt got the box with the serial code on it anymore so theres no way for him to change anything here site wide, hence the reason he created the ticket so yall could help him recover his account. His user tag here on the site/forums and when you hover his name in my in game buddy list, this name appears over his in game alias Nvy. ( Nvy.5041 ) Hes been waiting patiently for a few days i think? He would love to be able to get in game and enjoy the community and game. THANK YOU for anything you can do to speed up the process, sorry I had to come in and 2nd hand all this to you, he has no way of even coming to the forums to post and speak with you cuz it says you have to have bought and prove you bought the game to even talk with you folks in here. Thanks again, cheers!

I just wanted to note here that I just had a very excellent experience with my ticket process. I submitted one on May 22, and heard back today, May 24. The GM that replied on my ticket was so friendly (not sure if I can name them here, but it's the GM on ticket #6912939) and just very helpful and nice. I would love if they could get some extra kudos from their bosses! I don't need to contact support often, but whenever I have, they're always very helpful.

I'm sympathetic to anyone with difficult wait times, and hope your issues get resolved, good luck!

I also wanna thank "GM Frost Giant - Guild Wars 2 Support Team". They got my issue resolved and im back amongst the GW community once again!! I've tucked, sealed, put away, hidden, written 20 times in several locations throughtout my house all my GW's info so I havent this issue again, LOL!! Thank you FROST GIANT! Issue resolved!!

My friend sent a ticket on May 15 (6908326), a week has passed, but I still not get any answer. It was simply account restore (password reset) request. Why it takes so long, It's so difficult to do? I don't understand this support system, all support requests I made in my entire life didn't take so much time as this single one.

What should I do to get support on my request?

@"Bitey.1934" said:I think GW has good support, but I belive there is a lot of tickets waiting on them. I was waiting like for 10 days, then they answered and solved my problem.And isn't possible to change password by yourself?

The thing is restoration system didn't accept character name and game code with message "some fields are invalid please fix them"

• ArenaNet Staff

I've merged seven threads into this one. Seven!! Please review this thread, because you may be helped by the information contained within it.

Please do not make new threads to try to follow-up on a support ticket. Read the thread, above, for exact details about how to to do that. Making forums threads is entirely ineffective for CS ticket escalation or follow-up.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:One thing that slows down tickets is 'friends' sending tickets on behalf of other players. It's best to submit one's own tickets.

Good luck.

Friend sent ticket by himself. He even can't log in, and can't track ticket, and can't ask a questions in forums. I did it because I had active account.

So explain please how it slows down the tickets, it will fun to read.

@Laut.6138 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:One thing that slows down tickets is 'friends' sending tickets on behalf of other players. It's best to submit one's own tickets.

Good luck.

Friend sent ticket by himself. He even can't log in, and can't track ticket, and can't ask a questions in forums. I did it because I had active account.

So explain please how it slows down the tickets, it will fun to read.

Here's a Dev post:

What I can suggest for anyone: Please ONLY make tickets about your own game account . Very important. Do not try to open tickets for other accounts. Do not attempt to submit tickets on behalf of other users. Do not try to say: I have these 5 accounts - if only 2 of them have your name. Do not try to confuse matters by talking about other persons's accounts or accounts you may be sharing - because that means the red flags for compromise pop up all over.

You can read more here: https://www.reddit.com/user/Dornsinger

Good luck.

@Aerick Blackmoore.8167 said:

@Aerick Blackmoore.8167 said:Support ticket #6904111, openend on Monday, updated on Thursday, no reply yet, did receive email that ticket had been received. Assuming 5 work days with weekends off it'll take more than a week to reply to a simple issue.

@Gaile Gray.6029 any help would be appreciated.

8 days and counting, I know my ticket isn't as important as a hacked account modem issues, etc. but any further resolve would be appreciated.

Entering the 3d week, ticket openend on the 14th of May, this Monday it will the 28th. 2 weeks gone by.