Tournaments? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Tournaments?

witcher.3197witcher.3197 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is a two-parter:

1) Any chance for smaller Anet sponsored tournaments in the future? Even just exclusive minis that are no longer obtainable should suffice as rewards.

GW1 was made to be a competitive PvP game and still holds up fairly well (especially now that ping is amazing once again), I think it could be exciting.

2) Team Arenas were removed in the past and I agree that we probably do not need to fragment the community more by providing modes that are always available. But how about 4v4 tournaments using the Team Arena ruleset, let's say, once every 2 weeks? Would it even be possible to carry out?

Comments

• If I may piggy back on the topic of tournaments -- 1. Do you think that GW GvG could be an eSport in the current market if players have incentive to play(aka cash/ect)? I've always felt that GvG at the highest level was fun to play and entertaining to watch. Just wanted your opinion on it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.