How much did the devs love Dwarves in GW? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

How much did the devs love Dwarves in GW?

Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

How much did the devs love Dwarves in GW from a race, story and lore standpoint?

Will Dwarves play a bigger role in GW2 going forward?

Will Dwarves become a playable race in GW2?

I found a perfect way for the Dwarves to make a huge comeback btw, and I’ll post it in a minute!

Edit- Read the quote and be amazed!!!

“Let’s take a look how PoF perfectly set up a low cost way to introduce Stone Dwarves as a playable race!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primordus

“Theorizing she could defeat Jormag and Primordus at the same time by mixing their energies, Taimi created a device using parts from Omadd's Machine to do so. However, this device was stolen by the weakened god Balthazar and just after Taimi discovered that if both Primordus and Jormag were killed the world would die with them. Balthazar brought the device before Primordus in the Primal Kiln and activated it. He inserted himself in the magical stream and began absorbing the two Elder Dragons' magic, incapacitating Primordus and its minions in the process. When the device was destroyed by the Commander, the blowback and drained magic resulted in Primordus sinking in the lava and being placed in a pre-awakening state.”

So... long story short... We don’t need any grand personal back story about how our little baby Dwarf characters grew up poor and joined the circus... We start with Primordus, and minions, being currently “incapacitated”, and Primordus being back in the “pre-awakened state”... and our awesome new Stone Dwarf playable characters start emerging from the underground to discover the wonderful new world of Tyria...

Again, we don’t need to explore any back story “stuff” (initially), we just develop playable Stone Dwarves from where we are at!

Paying for voice actors to start? Nah, grunting will suffice! And maybe just some simple “yes” or “no” voice replies to any story dialog!

Do we need every set of armor sized to fit Dwarves? Nope, just pick a few good ones to start, and slowly add more later!

Story going forward? Stone Dwarves suffer from amnesia due to the Right of the Great Dwarf, and very slowly regain memories as the ongoing story progresses! Also, their personal story path can be designed for Stone Dwarves to become flesh and blood once more!

Perfection!!!

Edit- Think about this new Stone Dwarf race implementation like the difference between how Gen 1 legendaries vs some newer Gen 2 legendaries were handled!!!

See the awesomeness and potential now?????????????????????????

You are all very welcome for this totally plausible, doable, breathtaking and groundbreaking suggestion!!!!!!

Edit 2- I would also like to request that we reassemble “Team Metal” to spearhead this Stone Dwarf playable race mission!”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLDCvogxNKN3kRbo-NbIJGasEsMnsniPmH&v=ZBS9yhc9ISA

Tagged:

Comments

• I loved the dwarves! I didn't see the way the story was going and was sad that... well, to avoid spoilers, let's just say "stuff happened."

I shall pass on Questions 2 and 3, as I'm not sure about the answers.

By all means, share your ideas! The forum is the perfect spot for it, because it gets dev eyes and because we legally can accept suggestions and ideas here.

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• I don't really know about their origins or future, but I can tell you that my favorite thing about the Dwarves in GW1 is their strangely dance-like synchronized swaying animation during the Great Dwarf cinematic.

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    I loved the dwarves! I didn't see the way the story was going and was sad that... well, to avoid spoilers, let's just say "stuff happened."

I shall pass on Questions 2 and 3, as I'm not sure about the answers.

By all means, share your ideas! The forum is the perfect spot for it, because it gets dev eyes and because we legally can accept suggestions and ideas here.

Gaile, I love Dwarves too! Unfortunately, I didn’t play GW, but my pve guild leader shared some awesome tales about GW and the Dwarves too.

I’ll make a deal with Anet if Dwarves become a larger part of the story AND as a playable race...

1. I’ll buy 9 character slots to make a Dwarf for each profession.

2. I will not post on the forums until all of them are level 80.

3. When I do start posting, I won’t whine or complain about anything GW2 related on the forums for 1 entire year!

• JackassTheX.6351JackassTheX.6351 Member ✭✭✭

"Not enough" would be my answer... :P

I would love to see playable Dwarves. Asura are cool but they're just not the same.

edited May 23, 2018

@Joe Kimmes.1357 said:
    I don't really know about their origins or future, but I can tell you that my favorite thing about the Dwarves in GW1 is their strangely dance-like synchronized swaying animation during the Great Dwarf cinematic.

Thanks for sharing!

Now I'm going to peruse youtube for that, and look for other GW Dwarf related things. Since I didn't play GW, I missed out on a lot.

edited May 23, 2018

Listen to the awesome Guild Wars: Eye of the North- Tome of Rubicon (Dwarf Theme) BY JEREMY SOULE!

1. Mixed. Some loved them, some hated them, and some were indifferent.
    2. Maybe. We are open to a lot of things and we regularly look back for opportunities to bring in legacy throwbacks. We did add our second living dwarf to the game in Living World Season 3. So it's a possibility, I suppose.
    3. No.

Lead Game Designer with a primary focus on Living World content/story

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.