I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals. — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I wish Druids were DPSers and not heals.

Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

When I finally saw (rather recently as a matter of fact) that Arenanet was adding Druids as a class, along with many other classes, i was so excited. It's part of what made me buy POF and HOT recently and get back into the game to unlock those super cool classes....

.....and then to my regret it wasn't anything like what I wanted in a Druid. I wish in my heart of hearts that it was designed more as a DPS nature-caster rather than a pseudo-CC heals and boon support class.

Part of what drew me to GW2 was its philosophy of abandoning the Heal-DPS-Tank trifecta., and then they turn around and add a heal class to the game. It's confusing to me, a bit. Then they add raids that require people to min-max, whether ANet wanted that to happen or not, it did. We may not officially have tanks, heals and DPS, but really we have to gear to make ourselves tanks, heals and DPS for raids.

Anyway,. Just some food for thought. I wish there was a 'stance' button to switch Druid into doubling its dps abilities and removing heals with its staff skills or something.

I may not be what you want, baby, but I am most certainly what you need.

<13

Comments

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm hoping next elite spec for ranger will be an offensive nature caster. Although I do like the druid a lot because I gravitate towards healing roles, I'm not the biggest fan of how it was implemented.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2018

Right before beta, rangers were a force to reckon with. Bleeds insta-stacked, moving spirits buffing continuously, two pets out at the same time stunning players with inescapable lockdowns, and kills so fast you had to slow-motion it in videos to see it.

And then. . . .

No longer posting or playing.

• Martimus.6027Martimus.6027 Member ✭✭✭

@Lunateric.3708 said:
    Druid is fine as it is, if you wish to do damage you go Soulbeast.

I mean no offense, but that's not the point I am making. That's not the kind of Druid i wanted to play, or want to play in any MMORPG or RPG for that matter, really. I would at least like the option to be a competent DPS as a Druid class.

• atheria.2837atheria.2837 Member ✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:
    When I finally saw (rather recently as a matter of fact) that Arenanet was adding Druids as a class, along with many other classes, i was so excited. It's part of what made me buy POF and HOT recently and get back into the game to unlock those super cool classes....

.....and then to my regret it wasn't anything like what I wanted in a Druid. I wish in my heart of hearts that it was designed more as a DPS nature-caster rather than a pseudo-CC heals and boon support class.

Part of what drew me to GW2 was its philosophy of abandoning the Heal-DPS-Tank trifecta., and then they turn around and add a heal class to the game. It's confusing to me, a bit. Then they add raids that require people to min-max, whether ANet wanted that to happen or not, it did. We may not officially have tanks, heals and DPS, but really we have to gear to make ourselves tanks, heals and DPS for raids.

Anyway,. Just some food for thought. I wish there was a 'stance' button to switch Druid into doubling its dps abilities and removing heals with its staff skills or something.

With nerfs to both precision and our staff, it's not happening any time soon.

I will not give up my Legendary Staff because someone decided that stability and precision aren't necessary for Druids.

• Ryrok.1302Ryrok.1302 Member ✭✭

+1 -- I main Ranger and don't do raids, so it feels to me like Rangers only have a single elite spec. I don't mind a healing-focused trait line (a la Salvation in Revenant), but I wish some of the Druid traits allowed you a few more options that worked better when you weren't in a group, or when your group didn't need a dedicated healer.

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018

"We may not officially have tanks, heals and DPS, but really we have to gear to make ourselves tanks, heals and DPS for raids."

This is just what anet wants. Roles arent class specific, but most profs can do many roles. Yeah meta is meta, but in theory we have many healers, buffers and tanks.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2018

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:

I mean no offense, but that's not the point I am making. That's not the kind of Druid i wanted to play, or want to play in any MMORPG or RPG for that matter, really. I would at least like the option to be a competent DPS as a Druid class.

Pick iboga and you are competent dps :D

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

Copy paste section of my inprovement thread some months ago.

It only copied the trait section i also covered staff and glyphs in my tgread but just traits would make a big difference.

Druid has 3 distinct component which makes it difficult to handle in regards to changes. First part is support, second part is control and last part is tankiness/Avatar-Utility.
    Note: I do not look into CAF generation or anything like that, so i will not comment on the first minor. This includes the CA skills. Anything else that does not find any mention here is considered ok IMO. I will list the whole trait Setup though to give an overview how i want to shuffle the traits arround.
    I will change the Lines specifically into these three distinct lines: Glyph Focussed (CC oriented), support focussed (heal and buffs) and Competitive orientation.
    Minors:
    1. Celestial being
    2. Live Vicariously
    3. Cultivated Synergy
    No changes they are just swapped.
    (You can give me feedback how strong this would be though, maybe would need some tweaks in competitive modes)
    Glyphs and CC Line:
    Adept:
    Verdant Etching:
    Same effect as we know it but now an adept. I moved it to adept so it will not conflict with the new staff trait which will be a master. So you can still use the glyph and the staff trait at once.
    Master:
    Primal Echoes:
    Trigger a Lesser Glyph of Equality (The Regular One) when weaponswaping.
    Has the ICD of any normal weaponswap trait. (maybe differ in competitive mode)
    It was a good trait but it was more an escape tool to daze someone before whispering away with staff. this way it can be used more universally.
    Grandmaster:
    Ancient Seeds:
    As we know it.
    So the idea about this line is for PvP or aggressive PvE usage. It gives some cleanses, some CC and some condis. but mainly it is for close combat use and aggressive play.
    Support Line:
    Adept:
    Natural Stride: Is now a party wide buff. Similar to spotter.
    (you can give me feedback on that too, it was a spontanious idea and i thought a party wide movement buff would be nice for WvW and condi reduction is always something)
    Maybe it could reduce condi duration overall so it has uses in condi heavy encounters in Pve but i dont know if this would be to strong, also here i would like to here some feedback.
    Master:
    Natural Mender:
    New Staff Trait. Combines the effect of natural mender with a CD reduction of staff.
    Makes staff automatically more potent
    Grandmaster:
    Grace of the Land:
    As we know it.
    All of these are altruistic traits that still have their benefits to the druid himself.
    Competitive Line:
    Adept:
    Druidic Clarity
    Master:
    Celestial Shadow
    Grandmaster:
    Lingering Light:
    Blasting a field will now dmg and blind up to 5 foes and heal up to 5 allies.
    Heal and blind stay at the same values i suppose.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

It only copied the trait section i also covered staff and glyphs in my tgread but just traits would make a big difference.

Druid has 3 distinct component which makes it difficult to handle in regards to changes. First part is support, second part is control and last part is tankiness/Avatar-Utility.
    Note: I do not look into CAF generation or anything like that, so i will not comment on the first minor. This includes the CA skills. Anything else that does not find any mention here is considered ok IMO. I will list the whole trait Setup though to give an overview how i want to shuffle the traits arround.
    I will change the Lines specifically into these three distinct lines: Glyph Focussed (CC oriented), support focussed (heal and buffs) and Competitive orientation.
    Minors:
    1. Celestial being
    2. Live Vicariously
    3. Cultivated Synergy
    (You can give me feedback how strong this would be though, maybe would need some tweaks in competitive modes)
    Glyphs and CC Line:
    Adept:
    Verdant Etching:
    Same effect as we know it but now an adept. I moved it to adept so it will not conflict with the new staff trait which will be a master. So you can still use the glyph and the staff trait at once.
    Master:
    Primal Echoes:
    It was a good trait but it was more an escape tool to daze someone before whispering away with staff. this way it can be used more universally.
    Grandmaster:
    Ancient Seeds:
    As we know it.
    So the idea about this line is for PvP or aggressive PvE usage. It gives some cleanses, some CC and some condis. but mainly it is for close combat use and aggressive play.
    Support Line:
    Adept:
    (you can give me feedback on that too, it was a spontanious idea and i thought a party wide movement buff would be nice for WvW and condi reduction is always something)
    Maybe it could reduce condi duration overall so it has uses in condi heavy encounters in Pve but i dont know if this would be to strong, also here i would like to here some feedback.
    Master:
    Natural Mender:
    New Staff Trait. Combines the effect of natural mender with a CD reduction of staff.
    Grandmaster:
    Grace of the Land:
    As we know it.
    All of these are altruistic traits that still have their benefits to the druid himself.
    Competitive Line:
    Adept:
    Druidic Clarity
    Master:
    Celestial Shadow
    Grandmaster:
    Lingering Light:

What does this have to do with my topic of wanting Druid to be DPS or at least able to do competitive DPS?

• So let me get this straight: you're mad that what is traditionally a support class is a support class in GW2?

The Charr shall rule!

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:
    So let me get this straight: you're mad that what is traditionally a support class is a support class in GW2?

No. You didn't get it straight at all. That's not at all what I or anyone else has said, at all, on any of these posts. What are you even talking about? Sorry but, terrible attempt at trolling and snark.

• @Martimus.6027 said:

@Uden Reavstone.3426 said:
    So let me get this straight: you're mad that what is traditionally a support class is a support class in GW2?

No. You didn't get it straight at all. That's not at all what I or anyone else has said, at all, on any of these posts. What are you even talking about? Sorry but, terrible attempt at trolling and snark.

What?! I'm not trolling or being snarky at all. You said that you want druid to be a dps class, did you not? I'm just pointing out that traditionally, druids are a support class and asking why you would expect it to be any different in this game.

The Charr shall rule!

@Martimus.6027 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

Minors:
    1. Celestial being
    2. Live Vicariously
    3. Cultivated Synergy
    Glyphs and CC Line:
    Adept:
    Verdant Etching:
    Master:
    Primal Echoes:
    Grandmaster:
    Ancient Seeds:
    As we know it.
    Support Line:
    Adept:
    Master:
    Natural Mender:
    Grandmaster:
    Grace of the Land:
    As we know it.
    Competitive Line:
    Adept:
    Druidic Clarity
    Master:
    Celestial Shadow
    Grandmaster:
    Lingering Light:

What does this have to do with my topic of wanting Druid to be DPS or at least able to do competitive DPS?

It makes its role more distinct.
    With more CC and better offensive combos it can be utilized more offensively.
    I keep it realistic that there will not be a total overhaul to make druid a dps spec. But to make it more iffensive is definetly possible.

• Ryrok.1302Ryrok.1302 Member ✭✭

If anything, the common druid tropes in fantasy are:

• Shapeshifting
    • Weather/plant manipulation
    • Summon creatures/spirits
    • Animal companions

Most of these are already components of the Ranger class to some extent. The GW2 take is fairly unique. But I think the issue isn’t so much the fantasy of the elite spec as it is the lack of interaction with pet selection or other traitlines. Soulbeast does both quite well.

That said, I think a fair critique would be that a “DPS Druid” is just a Druid with two DPS-focused specs in the other two slots. I think you could put together a fine power spec with marksmanship and beastmastery that uses a mix of crusader and zealots, or a fair condi build with wilderness survival and skirmishing in apothecary (or possibly celestial) gear.

@Ryrok.1302 said:
    If anything, the common druid tropes in fantasy are:

• Shapeshifting
    • Weather/plant manipulation
    • Summon creatures/spirits
    • Animal companions

Most of these are already components of the Ranger class to some extent. The GW2 take is fairly unique. But I think the issue isn’t so much the fantasy of the elite spec as it is the lack of interaction with pet selection or other traitlines. Soulbeast does both quite well.

That said, I think a fair critique would be that a “DPS Druid” is just a Druid with two DPS-focused specs in the other two slots. I think you could put together a fine power spec with marksmanship and beastmastery that uses a mix of crusader and zealots, or a fair condi build with wilderness survival and skirmishing in apothecary (or possibly celestial) gear.

Maybe so, but the fact remains that the specific Druid abilities are just healing spells. Nerfed ones at that.

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:

R.I.P.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭

Elementalist already fills the role of power nuker with nature magic I feel.

edited May 22, 2018

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Yes. That's precisely the point I made earlier in a post. Elementalist does "Druid" better than Druid does in GW2. It displeases me.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Yes. That's precisely the point I made earlier in a post. Elementalist does "Druid" better than Druid does in GW2. It displeases me.

Aside from Boomkins in WoW druids are almost never offensively oriented.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2018

Sorry, Martimus. Arenanet designed a powerful support spec for Ranger and called it Druid. On the positive side, Druid is almost guaranteed a raid slot.

Give Beastmaster a shot and imagine you are a Druid.

edited May 23, 2018

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Tell that to:

• World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series
    • Magic: the Gathering...

I could go on......but you get my point. Sorry, but you aren't correct on that statement.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Tell that to:

• World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series

I could go on......but you get my point. Sorry, but you aren't correct on that statement.

Back in MY day Druids didn't even heal! They just Innervated the REAL healers.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Why does it matter what it's named? Druids are just a type of Celtic priest.

• Anchoku.8142Anchoku.8142 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

That's right! Druids were like...
    .... Necromancers!

• Ryou.2398Ryou.2398 Member ✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:

I agree, druids are forces of nature hence why they can control things like lightning. rain, and exploding thornes look at other mmorpgs like everquest 2 for example, think of them like a wizard for nature who has the ability to maybe control or transform into animals.

If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Ummm lol no far more actually, there is tons of legends behind druids and it is far from being an over glorified priest.

If you want to find the secrets of the universe think in terms of energy frequency and vibration Nikola Tesla.

@Martimus.6027 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Tell that to:

• World of Warcraft
    • Titan Quest
    • Diablo II
    • EQ2
    • Grim Dawn
    • Baldur's Gate
    • Baldur's Gate II
    • Ultima series

I am also fairly sure everquest 1 as well, just on top of my head nox, dark ages of camelot, albion online, and never winter nights 1 and 2.

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:

Part of what drew me to GW2 was its philosophy of abandoning the Heal-DPS-Tank trifecta.

People min-maxed DPS for dungeons and ANet never added mechanics to fix the PvE content always rewarding DPS by giving it higher loot acquisition rates.

So people demanded the nonsense the trinity is and a very vocal minority whined about PvE not being hard enough or that they dislike playing DPS and are thus not in demand in optimized play, and demanded raids and a trinity. ANet buckled and went against their manifesto. My guild and I are playing another game with a trinity and it sucks because we all vastly prefer playing DPS. Not all of us can party together/enjoy the experience together and it feels awful.

So that is what we have.

For the record, Druid not being a viable damage dealer is pretty much just PvE-specific. The class shells out a lot (not as much as soulbeast, but still a good amount) of damage in the PvP formats and esteems itself mostly on how it's very adaptable with a lot of answers to common exploitable weaknesses of the core ranger and high reliability/potency uptime.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.
    Quit/Inactive. No, you can't have my stuff.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Not anymore. :/

No longer posting or playing.

edited May 23, 2018

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

Ummm lol no far more actually, there is tons of legends behind druids and it is far from being an over glorified priest.

They were Celtic high priests that also served major roles in society, they were still priests though.

I just put the simplified version, the point stands though that it's just a name and priests are associated with healing in fantasy so Anet's take on druid is perfectly valid.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

They were Celtic high priests that also served major roles in society, they were still priests though.

I recommend you look beyond baseline mainstream research ive had many books and searches on druids and there is far more information out there then many like yourself think.

edited May 23, 2018

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I recommend you look beyond baseline mainstream research ive had many books and searches on druids and there is far more information out there then many like yourself think.

That literally doesn't change anything I said though.

You're saying druids can be a lot of different things, that doesn't invalidate the one Anet took with it.

edited May 23, 2018

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

That literally doesn't change anything I said though.

You're saying druids can be a lot of different things, that doesn't invalidate the one Anet took with it.

That is not what you where trying to argue to begin with lol whatever you say. Also if anet only took that from it then it would be a completely different druid.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

They were religious leaders and legal authorities, covering multiple control roles in celtic society. In fantasy there are miltiple ways to interpret this.
    My only problem with druid is that they are inside of GW2 lore different to the druids of GW1.
    They are not inclined with the plants but rather the stars. I would be happy if they would change them visually to match that actually, but what the spec does is not really mproblem except that it needs better distinction inside traits and tweaks for glyphs and staff.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

They were religious leaders and legal authorities, covering multiple control roles in celtic society. In fantasy there are miltiple ways to interpret this.
    My only problem with druid is that they are inside of GW2 lore different to the druids of GW1.
    They are not inclined with the plants but rather the stars. I would be happy if they would change them visually to match that actually, but what the spec does is not really mproblem except that it needs better distinction inside traits and tweaks for glyphs and staff.

I am done arguing about this tbh, most people just do fave value research, believe what you wish Idc. Real druids where also inclined to stars if anyone actually understood druidism, but they where also inclined with plants, the fantasy druids are also both.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I am done arguing about this tbh, most people just do fave value research, believe what you wish Idc. Real druids where also inclined to stars if anyone actually understood druidism, but they where also inclined with plants, the fantasy druids are also both.

Everything everyone has been saying about real world druids in this thread have been either wrong or just stabbing in the dark or guessing or repeating others who were stabbing in the dark or guessing.

Druids didn't leave written records of anything. There is virtually zilch known about anything they did or believed. Modern neo-druids are just literally making things up as they go along.

And that should be that.

@Ryou.2398 said:

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Ryou.2398 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I am done arguing about this tbh, most people just do fave value research, believe what you wish Idc. Real druids where also inclined to stars...

As i said they differ in lore from eachother which makes it inconsistent in itself. Idc what in realife happened, they had multiple roles which could be proven but never pinned down but that has zero relevance how the devs want to design there druid if they see a theme fit.
    Only personally i dont like the visuals and wished they would have been more plant like instead of celestial stuff. Primary for lore consitsencies and aesthetics. Mechanically i have absolutely nothing to complain exvept of needed streamlining and not the healer role itself.

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭

Condi Druid was one of the top DPS slots until Ele went beast mode with weaver damage.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@starlinvf.1358 said:
    Condi Druid was one of the top DPS slots until Ele went beast mode with weaver damage.

Condi druid was never a good dps option. It was used because it could support and do damage, but that damage was always below 50% of dps classes. Ranger and soulbeast were top tier dps at some point, not druid.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• ButcherofMalakir.4067ButcherofMalakir.4067 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26, 2018

@starlinvf.1358 said:

It was actualy condi ranger, condi druid was played as a support option. Since druid wasnt mightbot but provided grace of the land stacks (and they were not affected by boon duration). Thats why druid didnt have to use concentration gear and so it could have use damage gear since additional healing was not needed

• Eme.2018Eme.2018 Member ✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:

So, is it all about the name? If soul-beast was called druid then you wouldn't have had a problem?

@Eme.2018 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

So, is it all about the name? If soul-beast was called druid then you wouldn't have had a problem?

n............no. What???

Is a Soulbeast a spellcasting nature based ranged DPS class who uses weather and the elements? How is this difficult.

• Eme.2018Eme.2018 Member ✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:
    n............no. What???

Is a Soulbeast a spellcasting nature based ranged DPS class who uses weather and the elements? How is this difficult.

No soulbeast is not that indeed, what you are describing is elementalist. So, it seems to me as if you are stuck in the name because clearly the class you wanted to play as a "druid" already exists.

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eme.2018 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

n............no. What???

You know that druid is just a name of the e-spec right? And you know that real druids arent somekind of fantasy spellcasters right? :D

I mean anet made the druid like what it is in this game. They wanted it to be low dps healing focused spec, not a spec that uses nature magic to damage his enemies.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't druids in gw2 based on the druids on maguuma refrenced by the chain quest that starts in north pylon of ab?

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

@Eme.2018 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:

n............no. What???

You know that druid is just a name of the e-spec right? And you know that real druids arent somekind of fantasy spellcasters right? :D

I mean anet made the druid like what it is in this game. They wanted it to be low dps healing focused spec, not a spec that uses nature magic to damage his enemies.

Which brings up the entire point of my post, that i wish it wasn't designed like that. What are you even talking about?

@Eme.2018 said:

@Martimus.6027 said:
    n............no. What???

No soulbeast is not that indeed, what you are describing is elementalist. So, it seems to me as if you are stuck in the name because clearly the class you wanted to play as a "druid" already exists.

Don't you get what I was even saying in my post??? It's like you argued for no reason, other than to argue. I said I wish the Druid wasn't designed like it was as a healing class, but rather as a DPS ranged nature based spec. And I even said in another post that Druids are basically Elementalists before Elementalists even existed...

It's such a non-issue and argument. I'm simply stating my opinion on the class design.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.