"defeat Mark II Beta Exterminator": Power Golem outside the ring, Exterminator Core didn't spawn

Edit: I changed the original because the bug I suspect I experienced was somewhat different than I first thought.

So, at specific points in the battle with the Mark II Beta Exterminator, it spawns a Unstable Exterminator Core that you have to attack if you want to do actual damage to the Mark II Beta Exterminator itself.
I went through that once, but at the second point at which it was supposed to occur, no Unstable Exterminator Core spawned anywhere to be seen, a weird Power Golem with the green swords above it spawned outside the ring behind the barrier. You can't go or shoot through the barrier. If I can't kill the Power Golem for Volatile Cores (?) and can't hit an Exterminator Core (because it's not there) the fight does not proceed.

It is also impossible to die in this fight. It is also not possible to just stand on the Exterminator and kill it over the course of an estimated three hours with autoattacks because it pushes you back occasionally.
So I had to restart the game to get out. Which means, I have to restart the story in the Charr kindergarden and have to do the (in my opinion much too long) "get the cubs to safety with Braham" thing again.Did I just miss something?
Qkk9xph.jpg

• 2 months later...

I had a similar problem with this fight. The cores did spawn until the golem was down to 31% health, but then using the leyline crystal skill did nothing except the count (I had 4) went from 4 to 3 and then up to 4 again. Meanwhile the golem lost 1% health regardless and I don't think anything I did made a difference since at 15% I got so bored I went to make a snack and when I came back, it was nearly dead - its health went down by itself, but at last the exterminator core had spawned, but I wasn't there to see how it happened. This was in BST timezone around 9.30pm 15th May, solo with character Athelis Drae, level 80 human necromancer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

ran into this today, pounding on this thing, doing almost no damage, need mobs/crystals not spawning during event (at least in the first 30% so far and first 15 minutes of beating on it..)

afk to make some coffee. while i wait on this thing to die over an hour..

update: around 60% the mobs starting dropping the ley crystals (finally). unsure if guild wars was lagging or this fight is supposed to take 30 minutes. smh.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Skoltd.4951 said:same here, it's been half an hour, stuck at 31% boss health bar

finally down. health was going down gradually - I was too bored not to play so I kept hitting it with 4 stacks ley energy; at some point it got unstuck. ffs Anet, you owe me 1hr of my life :tired_face:

joking, but seriously, fix this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

2021, still no change, no reply Anet.. what a waste of money and time

maybe start spamming all their channels.. social media, support, ...?

new expansion coming out. how about u fix some bugs in the existing content first instead of nerfing all the fun out of it for normal players to make it "challenging" for the elite full legendary specced players..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 11:15 PM, Matmans.2785 said:

2021, still no change, no reply Anet.. what a waste of money and time

maybe start spamming all their channels.. social media, support, ...?

new expansion coming out. how about u fix some bugs in the existing content first instead of nerfing all the fun out of it for normal players to make it "challenging" for the elite full legendary specced players..

Bugs which can be worked around, while annoying, especially in dated content, are likely not high on the priority list of things to fix.

Given this story mission is completed successfully by thousands of players, in some cases even the additional achievements, and other actually game breaking bugs which have no work around need fixing, you can work around this issue or keep waiting. I'd suggest the former IF you are seriously interested in completing this achievement.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

2023 and still broke. Not only was this broken but I was actually dying and not getting ressed.  I had to restart the WHOLE instance starting from the island.  Even with restarting the instance the bug stayted.  So second time around I just manned up and auto'd it to death.  What a complete waste of time

• Like 1