Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is now over one week since I opened the first chest that never reset since the 22 May patch, so the 1-week cooldown theories seem to be bust. Guess I don't bother anymore until I see the fix in the patch notes. Too much wasting time checking all the chests every day for nothing.

@Dmon.2089 said:Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

Same problem as most.I completed my 2nd round and no chests, after that completion, allow me to open them. I still am able to complete the dailies to get a key, but without the ability to use it.......if this is intended, it's really really dumb.

They do; see the Dev Tracker.What they don't do is provide responses to every thread/bug topic/balance lament/etc.

For an individualized response, you can contact the CS Team (though, until the QA Team or Devs have a fix if it is, indeed, a bug, there isn't much the CS Team can do but suggest using the in-game Report feature or posting on the forums).

Good luck.

I'm also stuck at 6/10 of my 3rd repeat. None of the chests seem to be resetting. The only thing unusual about this round is that last week I happened to have 3 extra keys drop from mobs that I used. If that has something to do with it, then tomorrow should be the day when the chests reset again. I'll report back tomorrow with my findings.

Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

Also stuck, halfway trough my 3rd cycle, with 3 keys, and I checked all 10 chests, they are (all)alrd opened. I've found a few extra keys lately, and cnosidering what I've read so far, it would seem so that you cannot loot the same chest twice inside a window of 10 days ?!...Fingers crossed ! I was about to write a ticket, but i'll wait and see a few more days...

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

I've only had one extra key, and opened exactly 1 chest (though I don't remember the order) every day except the day I got the extra key. If they're on a 10 day cooldown, I shouldn't be stuck at 5/10 today.