New Players: Welcome to Guild Wars 2! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Players: Welcome to Guild Wars 2!

We've noticed an increase in new players jumping into Guild Wars 2 in recent days, and we want to say "howdy" to the new folks. We hope you will love your new home in Tyria, and that your adventures will be richly rewarding and everything you've hoped for.

Veteran players -- Here's something we'd love you to do: Share your best bit of advice for new players! (We're asking on social, too, and you're welcome to share wherever you prefer, or even on both.)

Maybe it's a sound suggestion about a good starter profession. Perhaps it's a recommended way to progress along the Personal Story. Maybe you have a great tip on how to best use that terrific Level 80 boost, how to get familiar with inventory management, or the best way to maximize Mastery Points. Whatever you've discovered along the way that you think would be a great thing for new player to know, we'd love to hear it!

New Players: We hope you will enjoy reading the helpful suggestions from our veterans. You may also wish to consider these excellent resources:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager: ArenaNet
Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

Tagged:
<13

Comments

• I would like to say to all the necomers a biiiiiiiig WELCOME to one of the best games on the MMO market, and if anyone needs any kind of help feel free to ask anyone on the map, there are plenty of friendly veterans on the maps, oh and if anyone want to join our guild just send me a MP and we will gladly help you with anything, be it PVP/PVE/WvW content, see you in tyria.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Here are two resources for new players (and not-so-new players) often overlooked:

https://manual.guildwars2.com/en?_ga=2.59520687.303364721.1527552901-457358114.1520485153
    and
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Extended_Online_Manual

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018

Just one word: "Hazing".
    Muahahahahahahah.
    Btw just have fun playing and discovering the game, that's the best advice you can get newbies.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018

If you type "/wiki" in the chat you'll open the gw2 wiki in ur webbrowser for quick help/tps

you can also type "/wiki [followed by something, for example an npc's name]" and it will direct you to the page of that npc (if theres any)

otherwise, jsut ask in map chat if you need some advice :)

• Hesacon.8735Hesacon.8735 Member ✭✭✭✭

A unique feature of how the game works is dynamic level scaling. It means you're never too high of a level for content, and the rewards for low level content are identical to higher level content. I totally missed this at first.

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Don't use the level 80 boost, save it for after you levelled your first toon. It'll just confuse you if you do.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Lanthun.7251Lanthun.7251 Member ✭✭

Never be afraid to ask Map Chat (/m) for help; surprisingly a lot of people will help out if you truly have a question or do not understand something.

Teacher, gamer, uncle, etc..
    Devils Remorse, lvl80 MP257 Scourge (filthy)
    Phantom Moon [PM] GM/Founder

• Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you type "/wiki topic" without the quotation marks into the game chat window it will automatically take you to the wiki article covering your topic.

Dont sell gear to merchants. Gear that you do not want can be salvaged into crafting materials with a higher trading post value.

Salvaging an armor piece or weapon will unlock its skin for your entire account.

Dodge. Face tanking rarely works here. The game is balanced around the idea that you will actively attempt to avoid the big attacks.

Have fun. Always. Dont do things that are not fun in 5he hope that they will make some sort of a difference later.

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

Take your time and enjoy the wonderful sights of Tyria. Never be afraid to ask questions. And above all, have fun! Welcome to Tyria.

• Red Haired Savage.5430Red Haired Savage.5430 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you have a level 80 booster don't use it until after you've leveled another toon to 80, it's a better way to learn the game.

#nornmodeisbestmode

• Don't be afraid to ask other players. Especially those with that strange red thingy above their heads. If a NPC has a name, talk to it. Some give valuable information, others help to understand the world. And sometimes it is just funny. But most important: don't rush things.

Another tip: Check the Trading Post (or the Wiki) before selling/salvaging/destroying/using items; they might be worth a fortune!
    Also, you can set different skills (Utility +) underwater. And, you set different builds in each of the three modes: WvW, PvE, and PvP.

Just some (of many) things I didn't realize for a few months when new. Lol.

• Hailsa, New players to Guild wars 2! and Well Met!
    the above veteran players have all been giving outstanding advice. My kudos are out to them. I am one of those players you will see in game with a Mentor tag(that's an apple over my head) asking if anyone needs a hand. A Mentor, from what i understand, does something kind of like what you are reading here in this forum thread, but they do it in real time while in game. It's not hard to spot them, like i said, they will be running around your map with an apple on their head. (please don't try to shoot it off.) When you enter Tyria for the first time, regardless of what character you are playing, you will be thrust into an opening sequence of events. once those events complete, the world itself opens up, and you are immediately going to feel overwhelmed, lost, eager to learn everything and do everything. Advice number one: slow down. Tyria is massive. truly truly massive. take your time to explore, and as you are doing so, learn your class, the combat system,, crafting, everything you can. there's no rush to endgame, trust me it will be there. Advice number 2: look at your minimap. if you see a funny apple looking icon (it's colored red), that is a mentor. these guys and gals are able to answer any gw2 related question, because they have been there, and yes, they have done that. also, they might be in an area where a large event takes place, and that gives you the chance to get experience, learn your class more, and keep the fun rolling. Another icon that will occasionally show up on your Map is called a Commander tag (i kid you not, it will look like a dorito chip) now typically a commander will be present running an event, or leading a squad into battle. If you feel extra adventurous, join their squad and see what's happening.
    My final advice is simple, and can be used for real life as well as gw2. NEVER SETTLE. what do i mean? well, when it comes to your choice of class, try them all. at least once. or twice. when it comes to weapons, try them all(or at least what your class can use). when it comes to anything at all in Tyria, do not settle for what everyone says is the way to go. try to walk your own path and see what happens. sure, take our advice, please... we are not going to lie to you... but anything worth learning is something worth learning all the way, good and bad.
    oh, and I'm Sin of Anubis. nice to meet you. feel free to add me in game as a friend.

• Hello New Players.
    I really do not have anything to add. Everything gives experience here including gathering and Rezzing, so getting to 80 is not hard to do. Just enjoy the beautiful scenery and you will be 80 before your cat can lick her ear.

If you need help there are five options. Here they are..not in any kind of order.
    (1) Ask for help in chat,
    (2) Visit this forum,
    (3) Visit the Guildwars2 Wiki,
    (4) Visit the Guildwars2 Reddit forums,
    (5) Visit Dulfy.net.
    Hmm..there is a sixth option...Youtube. Many, many, players have made videos about how to find Pois, how to get up to Vistas, how to do the story steps, and regular gameplay.

Enjoy and have fun.

Lisa.

• @artemis.6781 said:
    Take your time and enjoy the wonderful sights of Tyria. Never be afraid to ask questions. And above all, have fun! Welcome to Tyria.
    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think my best tip would be: Take your time, there's no rush to L80. Save any L80 Boosts until after you have naturally leveled a character or three.

And, most importantly....have fun! :)

Couldn't agree with you two more. I always hope that players will "stop and smell the roses" rather than rush, as there are so many wonderful roses to smell! :)>

@Cregath.7628 said:
    Best advice I can give is: Praise Joko!

Well, it depends on your perspective, but yes, praising Joko can never be amiss. ;)

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

Oh, here's something that confused the heck out of me when I was new:
    On the Dailies, you will often see tasks and events in certain areas. While the ones in a specific map are obvious, the ones in a region are totally confusing until you know the geography. So, for dailies like mining, vista viewing, etc:

Maguuma Jungle: (Not to be confused with Maguuma Wastes or Heart of Maguuma) This area covers Metrica Province, Caledon Forest, Rata Sum, The Grove, Brisban Wildlands, Sparkfly Fen and Mount Maelstrom.

Ascalon: Plains of Ashford, the Black Citadel, Diessa Plateau, Iron Marches, Blazeridge Steppes, Fields of Ruin and Fireheart Rise

Kryta: Queensdale, Divinity's Reach, Kessex Hills, Gendarren Fields, Harathi Hinterlands, Bloodtide Coast and Southsun Cove

The Shiverpeaks: Wayfarer's Foothills, Hoelbrak, Snowden Drifts, Lornar's Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Timberline Falls and Frostgorge Sound.

Orr/Ruins of Orr: Straits of Devastation, Malchor's Leap, Cursed Shore.

(There are also some Living Season 3 maps in each of these areas, but you won;t have access to them until you unlock (buy) and play those stories.)

Anything that says Maguuma Wastes means the Living Season 2 maps of Dry Top and Silverwastes.

Heart of Maguuma means the Heart of Thorns maps (Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragons Stand.)
    Anything that says Desert means the Path of Fire maps, Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elonian Riverlands, The Desolation, Domain of Vabbi (or living season 4 maps)

• Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

Learn to play all or at least most of the classes, this will prevent you from being restricted to certain groups for content specifically raids and structured PvP/WvW.

• Cifrer.6013Cifrer.6013 Member ✭✭✭

You can get some quick and easy experience by exploring the home cities for all the races, this can also give you a peek into their starting areas. If you start having difficulty with a higher leveled area or are just getting bored with the theme of a zone, it's always a good idea to just hop on over to somewhere else.

• Tsakhi.8124Tsakhi.8124 Member ✭✭✭

Firstly, welcome!~ <3

So, a few things that might help you:

Crafting is a good thing to learn to tide you over when you're battle weary. I'd suggest learning the chef profession; not only does it aid with the leveling up process, to some it can be relaxing. Also, remember that pretty much everything you do nets you experience, so try to experience everything you can at your own pace that is the beauty of this game.

Also, if you have a limited amount of players slots, I suggest leveling a "class" to at least level 40, so you can get a true feel of how things work, if you still don't like the feel, delete the character and make a new one.

Finally, remember that there are a lot of people out there that are more than happy to lend a hand. I know that's already been said, but I figured it needed reiteration.

"Just call me Daddy Balthazar. "

I eat your Cheetos Paws and steal your sodas, 'cause that's how I roll. (sorry, i'll buy you more.)

• Anthony.3207Anthony.3207 Member ✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

My best advice is take your time / be patient / and maked slow focused goals. Every time you get a chance to play - try to knock out a little bit of game content. Explore and experiment but also go slowly.

For the gem store - I bought an outfit I like as well as a glider skin and a back peices skin.

Best to focus on 1 skin rather than try to collect them. But if you want achievements see below_

Do NOT try to complete all the achievements right away. Most achievement points come from daily or gem store collections. With those 2 complete - you can hit about 25K achievement points.

Goodluck and be well.

• Killjoy.9213Killjoy.9213 Member ✭✭

The best advice I can give is Praise Balthazar!

• nottsgman.8206nottsgman.8206 Member ✭✭✭

quick tip:
    when slotting/switching skills into the 6-0 places, don't try and click the tiny little arrow above the icons. just right-click the big icon instead. it does the same thing, but it's much easier to click, and less chance of accidentally activating the skill.

70 'mains' and waiting for more slots
    | 61 Asura | 6 Charr | 1 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

• juhani.5361juhani.5361 Member ✭✭✭

Welcome to GW2! I hope you have a blast :)

I'm going to go really newbie for a second because it took me awhile to understand the most basic of basics:

1. See that tree that another player is logging? You can harvest it too! Every mining node, plant node, and tree node is available for every player to harvest. Don't feel guilty like I did racing another player for it right after I got my first farming tools ;)
    2. Feel free to take a shot or two at the enemy another player is fighting. You both get experience and your own individual loot.
    3. When you've cleared the map for one starting area, go visit the starting maps for other cultures instead of heading into the second chapter of your personal story. Open your map (M key), and look for the starting waypoints in the Caledon Forest (Sylvari), Metrica Province (Asura), Plains of Ashford (Charr), Wayfarer Foothills (Norn), and Queensdale (Human). Don't forget to explore each of the cultural cities, either. There's a lot of lore, fun, and beautiful scenery waiting for you.
    4. When you do the hearts on the map, see if that bear trap another player just clicked is available when they're done. A lot of the areas have shared quest clickables-- something that totally blew me away coming from SWTOR.

Take your time and smell the roses. There's a lot of fun waiting for you!

@Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 said:
    Oh, here's something that confused the heck out of me when I was new:
    On the Dailies, you will often see tasks and events in certain areas. While the ones in a specific map are obvious, the ones in a region are totally confusing until you know the geography. So, for dailies like mining, vista viewing, etc:

Maguuma Jungle: (Not to be confused with Maguuma Wastes or Heart of Maguuma) This area covers Metrica Province, Caledon Forest, Rata Sum, The Grove, Brisban Wildlands, Sparkfly Fen and Mount Maelstrom.

Ascalon: Plains of Ashford, the Black Citadel, Diessa Plateau, Iron Marches, Blazeridge Steppes, Fields of Ruin and Fireheart Rise

Kryta: Queensdale, Divinity's Reach, Kessex Hills, Gendarren Fields, Harathi Hinterlands, Bloodtide Coast and Southsun Cove

The Shiverpeaks: Wayfarer's Foothills, Hoelbrak, Snowden Drifts, Lornar's Pass, Dredgehaunt Cliffs, Timberline Falls and Frostgorge Sound.

Orr/Ruins of Orr: Straits of Devastation, Malchor's Leap, Cursed Shore.

(There are also some Living Season 3 maps in each of these areas, but you won;t have access to them until you unlock (buy) and play those stories.)

Anything that says Maguuma Wastes means the Living Season 2 maps of Dry Top and Silverwastes.

Heart of Maguuma means the Heart of Thorns maps (Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, Dragons Stand.)
    Anything that says Desert means the Path of Fire maps, Crystal Oasis, Desert Highlands, Elonian Riverlands, The Desolation, Domain of Vabbi (or living season 3 maps)

Or, click the Daily Achievement in the UI which will open the Achievement Hero Panel and list all the pertinent maps for that Achievement. (A bit easier than trying to remember which maps belong to which Regions. I do that, sometimes, to this day.)

• Let the in game music be turned on as much as possible the first time you play the game. Really beautiful music.

Oh! Here's one a lot of new players miss: Stick around a bit after a Dynamic Event ends (or follow the NPC, if applicable), as many Dynamic Events chain and continue their little 'story'.

• Solidaris.5423Solidaris.5423 Member ✭✭✭

Hello and welcome to the game! Take your time to experience the game and of course don't be afraid to ask in-game map chat using /map . There will be someone who can answer a question and if not you can look it up on wiki using the /wiki command.

Also I volunteer as a tribute if you have a question you can /whisper me in-game (I'm on EU)

Good luck and have fun!

• Curunen.8729Curunen.8729 Member ✭✭✭✭

Buy the Copper Fed Salvage-o-matic as soon as you can from the gemstore.

Don't be forced into playing what's "meta" unless you intend to raid or aim for high rank pvp. Play what you enjoy thematically.

IH hybrid | My ears, how are you! | Kourna Jackrabbit for default Springer

• sitarskee.5738sitarskee.5738 Member ✭✭✭

Don't be afraid to ask for help in /map chat. People are more than often willing to help out.

Don't worry about the gear as you will get good enough from personal story and from drops.

Have fun.

• aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭

Is Vayne already in this topic? If so the rest of us do not need to do anything any more 😊

• Leablo.2651Leablo.2651 Member ✭✭✭

Any interesting reasons for the influx? Or just marketing doing its job?

• Solidaris.5423Solidaris.5423 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

@Leablo.2651 said:
    Any interesting reasons for the influx? Or just marketing doing its job?

Bless Online came out yesterday which was hyped pretty much for a looooooong time now.
    But it had a catastrophic launch which made some youtubers (like Lazy Peon) to say that he does not recommend Bless but people should come to GW2 because they now enjoy it.

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

Welcome to Guild Wars 2. I would only add to what everyone else has already said is: if you see people around you locally and you're trying to do an event, skill point, or whatever, don't be afraid to invite them or invite yourself to party with the UI.

Worst case scenario they reject it and you both move on. But it's a way of meeting people and generally getting help for what you need. I've never declined people that do this with me and very rarely have I been rejected when I pulled it with others.

In an open world game like this one, it's a nice change of pace to meet others and find a short-term goals to achieve together. This game rewards you for doing lots of different things and even the veteran get's something out of it.

Don't be a stranger. Be strange and try inviting yourself to random people. It could prove interesting. =)

• Cragga the Eighty Third.6015Cragga the Eighty Third.6015 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

@Hesacon.8735 said:
    A unique feature of how the game works is dynamic level scaling. It means you're never too high of a level for content, and the rewards for low level content are identical to higher level content. I totally missed this at first.

Another thing this means, it doesn't really do you any good to sneak your lower level character into a higher level map. Levels scale down to the area level, but not up. Not only will you die whenever an enemy breathes in your direction, but you will not get any XP from kills too high above your level.

That being said, you get MUCH more XP from doing events, hearts, exploration, etc. than you do from just random killing, so go find yourself some fun content to play instead of spawn-camping. ^^

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Or, click the Daily Achievement in the UI which will open the Achievement Hero Panel and list all the pertinent maps for that Achievement. (A bit easier than trying to remember which maps belong to which Regions. I do that, sometimes, to this day.)

Wow, I did not know that. So many little details in this game...

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Been here for about 4 months, so that makes me a Veteranewb, and here is my advice to new players:

1. Click on the chat window
    2. Type /m
    3. Ask about anything

Everyone on your current map will see the question, and I'm almost 100% sure that whatever question you may have, someone on the map will be able to help you with the answer.

Regardless if you've come from a traditionally 'toxic' MMO, or if you've only heard stories of such, GW2 is not that game, and the players and community are incredibly kind and helpful. If you have a question, or you need help with a quest or event, don't feel shy or afraid to ask for it.

Welcome to Tyria!

• Dravis.7681Dravis.7681 Member ✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018

Best advice I got as a new player was to make sure to craft your daily ascended mats once you get any of your crafting disciplines up to level 450. Specifically:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Crafting_material#Ascended_crafting_materials

The mats listed under step 1 of "Ectoplasm Refinement". I had no idea what they were for, but I crafted them every day as advised. Once the time came for me to start crafting ascended gear and I started working on my first legendary weapon, I was very glad I had listened to that advice. :tongue:

Second best advice I ever got: dulfy.net

Runners Up: gw2efficiency.com and gw2timer.com

• Marleen.8549Marleen.8549 Member ✭✭

@CETheLucid.3964 said:
    Welcome to Guild Wars 2. I would only add to what everyone else has already said is: if you see people around you locally and you're trying to do an event, skill point, or whatever, don't be afraid to invite them or invite yourself to party with the UI.

Worst case scenario they reject it and you both move on. But it's a way of meeting people and generally getting help for what you need. I've never declined people that do this with me and very rarely have I been rejected when I pulled it with others.

In an open world game like this one, it's a nice change of pace to meet others and find a short-term goals to achieve together. This game rewards you for doing lots of different things and even the veteran get's something out of it.

Don't be a stranger. Be strange and try inviting yourself to random people. It could prove interesting. =)

Don't get me wrong, I do like to help people but I really don't like ninja invites from strangers.
    Since you don't need to be grouped to get credit it just feels much nicer and polite to whisper someone before inviting but this might be just me.
    Exception to this probebly squadgroups at meta-events. Don't wanne make squadleaders spend there time on whispering everyone :p

As for tips from a relatif new player myself.
    Just what so many already said. Don't rush, enjoy the journey to 80.
    If your waiting around for something/someone, pay attention on npc's around you. The conversations they have are hilarious at times! :D

Also, don't rush off looking for the metabuilds. You don't need them to do the open world content and if you just follow a guide telling you what talents and wich buttons to press when, you'll never learn your character insideout.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

1) Don't worry about picking the easiest or best profession - pick whichever seems the most interesting to you and maybe experiment with a few to see which one you like best. Absolutely everything in the game can be done on any profession, including completing the entire story solo, so there's no need to force yourself to play something you don't enjoy just because it's someone else's favourite (even if they're your best friend, a famous youtuber or a GW2 'expert').

2) Take your time. There's no benefit in rushing to level 80, there isn't some mystic 'end game' where everything is different and better - you'll basically be doing the same things you did before. The one thing which does change is you have a lot less direction - suddenly you can go anywhere, do anything and there's no set order to it or things you have to do in order to progress to other things. So you really need that experience of levelling up to learn the game and your character so you know what there is to do and how to do it.

3) Don't be afraid to ask if there's anything you don't know. Either in-game, on this forum or by visiting the Wiki which is written and updated by players and should have information on almost anything. Don't be offended if someone points you to the Wiki - seemingly simple questions like "what equipment should I use?" can have complicated answers and sometimes it's easier to direct you to an existing answer than to write it all out, especially in a chat box.

4) Have fun! I know that seems obvious but it can be easy to forget. It's a game, the whole point is to enjoy it and as I mentioned earlier there's relatively few things you have to do so if you find you're not enjoying yourself and don't really want to carry on with your current goal take a moment to consider why you're doing it and if it's really worth carrying on or if you'd be better off doing something else instead.

"Hard knocks, bad luck, been knocked down,
    You got back up, rise up, shine on, keep on fighting, the war is almost done...But then I hear you're gone.
    I feel, when the lights go down, you are still here, all you hold dear remains.
    Your star never fades."

• CETheLucid.3964CETheLucid.3964 Member ✭✭✭

@Marleen.8549 said:
    Don't get me wrong, I do like to help people but I really don't like ninja invites from strangers.
    Since you don't need to be grouped to get credit it just feels much nicer and polite to whisper someone before inviting but this might be just me.

I'm going to ninja invite you and there's not a kitten thing you can do about it.

Except decline it. You could always do that. I can take a hint. :weary:

• thehipone.6812thehipone.6812 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2018
    1. Use food and utility items. Many sell for only a few copper and give bonus XP along with a stat boost. Grab something with power or condition damage, but don't worry about optimizing below max level.
    2. As much as you may want to, don't build your first PvE character to be a "tank". If you're doing open world and personal story stuff it is likely just going to lead to frustration, slow killing, and things actually being more difficult. It will also build bad habits of attempting to facetank stuff instead of using dodges and active defences like block/blind/invlun, etc. You can always respec for free, so if you get to lvl 80 and understand the game better and still want to be a tank, you can go for it.
    3. Unless you're in a huge rush, gather, especially in the mid-level maps with iron and platinum. These materials sell for good coin on the trading post or will be needed to level up crafting.
    4. A tip for max level - there is a fair bit of named gear that is usually the cheapest way to gear up your first character. This often has the stats that you want, but can be difficult to find if you don't know the items. The list of armor is here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Named_armor and weapons are here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_named_weapons To illustrate the cost savings, let's say you want Berserker's (power/crit/crit dmg) stats for your thief. Buying a crafted lvl 80 Chestpiece costs 9.5 gold from the trading post. The named equivalent - Nika's coat is only 1.5 gold. By Ogden's Hammer, what savings!
    5. If you have an enemy targeted and look at the space just below your skills you will sometimes see what looks like a red underline under the skill icon on your bar. This means that the enemy is out of range for that skill. Will save you from wasting casts on stuff that is out of range. If you move closer you will see the red underline disappear and you can fire away!
  • Laila Lightness.8742Laila Lightness.8742 Member ✭✭✭✭

Welcome new young heroes :D

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.