So, this Baruch Bay server on EU.

aspirine.6852

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Threather.9354 said:Nothing wrong with BB, their guilds play too early to play in NA (NA prime is like 3 hours after they end) thus they're spanish and too late in EU to face anything much.

This would fit Argentinia which is (like Brazil) GMT-3, while USA is mostly GMT-5 till GMT-8

Incorrect.Argentina is fully in -4

Ask google it says gmt-3, but Europe has currently summertime so it’s currently -4 to UK/ Portugal and even -5 to CEST as e.g in Spain.

90-95% of BB players are Spaniards, Europeans.

The reason of such weird primetime is cultural, everything in Spain happens much later from the beginning of working time to dinner.

You can argue and complain as much as you want, the solution is neither in your hands nor in Anet's. Spain has to go back to GMT +0, something is not in the agenda in the near future.

@Ansau.7326 said:The reason of such weird primetime is cultural, everything in Spain happens much later from the beginning of working time to dinner.All very true, but while this explains why BBs prime-time is offset from the rest of central-european-player's primetime, it doesn't explain why there is a big blob running around PvDooring at 4 in the morning on a regular basis. This has more to do with a) the commander Threater mentioned in his post above and b) an above average number of players present ingame during a time of the night, where most of their fellow citizens (even in Spain) are catching some zzzz's. ;)

@Lemoncurry.2345 said:

@Ansau.7326 said:The reason of such weird primetime is cultural, everything in Spain happens much later from the beginning of working time to dinner.All very true, but while this explains why BBs prime-time is offset from the rest of central-european-player's primetime, it doesn't explain why there is a big blob running around PvDooring at 4 in the morning on a regular basis. This has more to do with a) the commander Threater mentioned in his post above and b) an above average number of players present ingame during a time of the night, where most of their fellow citizens (even in Spain) are catching some zzzz's. ;)

Also prolly cool nights and warm as fuck days. I am in Sweden and I still meld with the chair while gaming daytime.

Well, just add my 2 cents to the discussion - you can check on the gw2stats when particular servers have their "prime income time" -chart called Income evolution.For example gw2stats.com/servers/view/4/You can see there, for the red server it starts after midnight on workdays (or sometimes even later - 1AM) and usually ends about 6-7 AM.As far as the clock hours are concerned - in EU, I believe starting from right to left - about from Poland to the Spain - the hours are the same.
For Great Britain,Iceland it's one hour difference - in their favour (aka. Midnight in Madrit = 11PM in London).

• 1 year later...

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Dayra.7405" said:It‘ ANets fault of course that there is not one Spanish speaking server in NA. Even if there are many more Spanish than English speaking people in the Americas. And many many more Spanish speaking in the Americas than in Europe.

But as someone mentioned here, alliances could solve that. :/

Hi,

I think there's far too many servers and population, presumably due to the state of the game, is on decline,

2i0iaKQ.png

If they plan on doing something hopefully it will be done soon.

Link the most recent pop chart not something from idk when. ar bp is not med

The thread was necro’d from May 28, 2018. Your quote is from 2018.

Of course it is not primarily on the people on BB, it is primarily on Anet for making scoring algorithms that reward people for stacking a server rather than making scoring algorithms that reward people for spreading out. This problem exists in every timezone and every region. It just becomes all the more appearant in the typical off timezones of a region.

@Laurencius.9258 said:Just boycott WVW whenever BB is playing.Meanwhile the server is dead. We were matched against them last week and their eb keep was held t3 by fsp every single night and morning, which is not surprising because a lot of former bb players transfered to international servers during the last few months (particularly fsp, which facerolls bb now at night).

@KrHome.1920 said:

@Laurencius.9258 said:Just boycott WVW whenever BB is playing.Meanwhile the server is dead. We were matched against them last week and their eb keep was held t3 by fsp every single night and morning, which is not surprising because a lot of former bb players transfered to international servers during the last few months (particularly fsp, which facerolls bb now at night).Meanwhile, Baruch Bay is currently leading its matchup and the reason for that has been high tick during the night.

baruch is pretty okay after all, at least their composition before the relink was. their late prime surely is a bit difficult, but they've had many groups full with randoms, probably playing fun builds. which made them pushable in many cases.

you cannot really blame the server on playing late, since the system simply let's you do that. i'd also see no real out for this. i mean gosh, we let americans play on EU servers... plus what if there are people working on non-standard jobs who can only either play during the night, or after prime? limiting the playable hours would be unreasonably unfair to those players.

and the worst argument is to act as if winning a matchups gives anything, bc that is exactly not the case. prestige, maybe, if even? but you get not a single reward, outside of more pepega pips if i understand that correctly.

The problem with BB (If you see it that way) is that it's the only Spanish National server in the game EU and NA so those who don't speak much English or simply just want to speak their native language went there. The reason they have such a strong night-cap is because they have sleep breaks during the day as it's too hot for them to work and from my understanding (Never properly confirmed) they do have a few South Americans over there which obviously play in a different time-zone to mainland EU.

US people are found across all EU servers by now, that's why nighttime is that alive. every high tier server has to have night crews, and some have on purpose apparently recruited US guilds for this.

i know some people are bad with english, but it's the only international language of that size that nearly every european is able to speak. at least some basic english is what every primary school of the EU countries teaches their pupils, that's enough for basic talking.

@"TheQuickFox.3826" said:Interesting indeed. I was paired against BB a few weeks ago (Ruins of Surma) and indeed in the evening we fairly easily owned BB but late in the night they would always bite back and take our entire EBG zone.

Just wondering: Why does BB play late at night en masse?

Not so long after the release of the game the most WvW-oriented guilds from Baruch (Seven Instincts, etc.) moved to other servers with similar tastes. The one in which I played for ~4 years moved to Gandara (CORE, faded like two years ago). What remained in BB is mostly PvE guilds which enters in WvW en masse at late hours just interested in harvesting achievements and stuff, and not so much in "fights". They love to take undefended fortress, "roam" in swarms containing the full cap of the map in a single blob and do leave and disband if face strong opposition. They also had some roaming clans (as Order of Shadows, made exclusively from thieves) more slant to ganking than to GvG.

So: they as a whole (exceptions do exist) don't chase competitive fights; they like easy karma trains, getting rewards and stuff at low risk, and go back to PvE as soon as they "harvest" the map of collide against fierce enemies. Also people is very active in late nigth in Spain due their GMT and cultural manners.

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

I usually play at night after reset and whenever we're paired against Baruch Bay, they come to conquer everything in the night with numbers we cannot defend against, causing us to lose T3 structures without standing any chance to defend against it.

This is not an exception. This happens every night. With 5 players we cannot defend against a full blob with golems.

• Thanks 1

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:They are only ever active around 11pm-4'ish am server time - outside of that they are terrible because they do not have any numbers at all.

They still don't have numbers during the night, it's just one commander and half squad. That commander does not fight, only plays for the karma train, so always gathers a group of bot alike players.

During the day they have more people but no commanders, commanders in BB are pretty bad and some even very toxic berating players constantly in discord or TS, so most don't like playing for the squad.

That's why you don't find good fights against that server. Is not the people, the server lacks good commanders who can lift the good will from the server.

To nullify their "tactic" you only need an small squad with good players and keep fighting that commander. Add him as a friend so you can see the map he is in.You will be farming bags all night. And that night shift commander will get pretty mad as he doesn't like to lose.

I'm not gonna comp main that there's a server that offers night time action. As a night owl roamer they provide funny moments. Sure they might not be on par pound for pound (to put it lightly), but I give them the benefit of the doubt. Most of em play from across the ocean with 200-300ms ping. T3 objectives flip over do many times day or night it's fine. Just give it your best each time trying to repel them. It makes for Fort Alamo moments on repeat ^^

So the most sensible question to ask given the circumstances is why haven’t ANet moved the server to the NA category of servers?

Some other things to do:

• Merge low population servers
  • Improve server latency by looking at the many passives that cause a heavy load
  • Add news maps
  • Change existing ones, possibly in line with the story to make it more interesting for new people to join
  • Look at areas of improvement, think about possibly making underwater combat a fresh new experience

There’s so much that could be done that could improve gameplay, but no. Let’s just add a new skin every week.

I see it as them being unable to see the bigger picture, and they seem quite shortsighted in terms of revenue. It’s all just “money, now!”, aka gem store skins.