Nerf Mesmer pull

Nimon.7840

@Rampage.7145 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:As said above. It rlly gets out of hand. There are always mesmers that pull you from one side of the wall down on the other side. 600 range is just too much.We'll you could say necro pull is 1200 range. But you need LoS.You cannot pull someone from one edge of a wall over the whole wall down on the other side.

Mesmer can. Because no LoS required.That makes defending objectives pretty hard since people can be pulled out of their defending siege weapons pretty easily.

the solution is pretty simple, dont stand on top of the wall fight like a man on the ground or you know, use stability u know that boon that prevents u from getting CCd?

oh yeah its not like the 4 defenders on a wall rely on trying to place and use siege because theres 10-15 players slamming the walls and gateshow silly of us to use logic instead of Norning it up .

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Focus is already one of the worst weapons in the game, but lets nerf it a bit more cuz some1 got pulled down.

Should we talk about necro focus, MH dagger?Renegade shortbow?There is much worse weapons than mesmer focus.

A friend of mine uses it all the time in wvw while roaming and zerging for two years now. Why? Because it's obviously one of the worst weapons ingame.Nah just kidding. Because he noticed how op it is.

@Nimon.7840 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Focus is already one of the worst weapons in the game, but lets nerf it a bit more cuz some1 got pulled down.

Should we talk about necro focus, MH dagger?Renegade shortbow?There is much worse weapons than mesmer focus.

A friend of mine uses it all the time in wvw while roaming and zerging for two years now. Why? Because it's obviously one of the worst weapons ingame.Nah just kidding. Because he noticed how op it is.

Mainhand necro dagger is pretty bad.But necro focus is better than mesmer focus. I used to be diehard mesmer focus fan until they gutted phantasmal warden. Still using necro focus on my reaper.

I get the Mesmer hate pile on thing happening, I really do. But asking for nerfs on weapons already under utilized seems silly. Any pvp game needs CC’s and counters to those CC’s. The thing pulls you. Learn how to prevent it with stab or avoid the following damage after the pull, dodge, stealth, shadow steps, ports, most movement abilities, blocks, and on and on. Really think this one is a true L2Play.

@Brother.1504 said:I get the Mesmer hate pile on thing happening, I really do. But asking for nerfs on weapons already under utilized seems silly. Any pvp game needs CC’s and counters to those CC’s. The thing pulls you. Learn how to prevent it with stab or avoid the following damage after the pull, dodge, stealth, shadow steps, ports, most movement abilities, blocks, and on and on. Really think this one is a true L2Play.

its a 600 radius wide Pull how is enemy player's lack of skill to blame for getting pulled from behind structures ?even scourge's 300 radius aoe covers slightly more radius than wvw wall's width

@Shazmataz.1423 said:

its a 600 radius wide Pull how is enemy player's lack of skill to blame for getting pulled from behind structures ?even scourge's 300 radius aoe covers slightly more radius than wvw wall's width

If you get pulled off the wall in wvw your positioning is bad...it's that simple.

you miss the bit its Pulling people Behind the Wall not Ontop of the Wallthe simple solution is to simply lower the pull to 300 radius in wvw mode more than enough to pull anyone on the wall , it it works for scourge it works for mesmer

List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.

1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs
  5. the ground behind the wall

This isn't a one time thing. It is happening all the time, most often in Klovan on the south wall side.Maybe the issue is the wall, but I am constantly removed from the structure when I shouldn't be able to be and the walls are all up.

@Rezzet.3614 said:

@Brother.1504 said:I get the Mesmer hate pile on thing happening, I really do. But asking for nerfs on weapons already under utilized seems silly. Any pvp game needs CC’s and counters to those CC’s. The thing pulls you. Learn how to prevent it with stab or avoid the following damage after the pull, dodge, stealth, shadow steps, ports, most movement abilities, blocks, and on and on. Really think this one is a true L2Play.

Situation is this. Commanders tell people “ don’t stand so close to the edge you’ll get pulled,” and some always do, they get pulled. Your on top of a wall and see a Mesmer running torward the wall, hmm, wonder what he’s doing, swish you get pulled. I look at pulls like complaining about 10k+ meteor bombs. If your unaware or stay too long or don’t react you get punished. If your getting owned by Mesmer pulls it’s s L2Play thing. Let’s face it we all raid with people that get owned by every single kind of CC consistently.

@"Ubi.4136" said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.

1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

This isn't a one time thing. It is happening all the time, most often in Klovan on the south wall side.Maybe the issue is the wall, but I am constantly removed from the structure when I shouldn't be able to be and the walls are all up.

Your not getting pulled out of the tower from the bottom of the stairs. Don’t insult peoples intelligence, we play this game too. Gross exaggeration doesn’t further your argument.

• Sad 1

@Brother.1504 said:

@"Ubi.4136" said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.
  1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

Your not getting pulled out of the tower from the bottom of the stairs. Don’t insult peoples intelligence, we play this game too. Gross exaggeration doesn’t further your argument.

That's not a gross exaggeration, that's what has happened multiple times. Stand on wall, the wall spam happens so I run down the stairs to flat ground. A few seconds pass, I may even got get supply to repair the wall, next thing I know, as I kneel down to repair, I'm outside and being stomped into the ground.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.
  1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

That's not a gross exaggeration, that's what has happened multiple times. Stand on wall, the wall spam happens so I run down the stairs to flat ground. A few seconds pass, I may even got get supply to repair the wall, next thing I know, as I kneel down to repair, I'm outside and being stomped into the ground.

Idk. Spent literally thousands of hours in wvw never been pulled over the wall from the ground at the bottom of the stairs. I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. I have no idea how that can happen. Maybe fluke chaining of multiple pulls where everything hits perfectly. But definitely not due to one over powered ability. Pretty epic though.

Through the wall has happened once at OW, and at least 4 times at Klov. First time, I thought maybe it was lag and I wasn't where I "thought" I was. After it started happening regularly even mid stairs, I figured it was a problem with the skill. Seems like the problem could be server lag or maybe a problem with the walls at Klov. Needs to be looked at for sure.

1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

Are you sure its not a double pull? I've been pulled from the inner lip of the wall to the outer, then pulled out. But when I reviewed my footage (was recording), it was 2 mesmers synchronizing their pulls.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

Are you sure its not a double pull? I've been pulled from the inner lip of the wall to the outer, then pulled out. But when I reviewed my footage (was recording), it was 2 mesmers synchronizing their pulls.

Get single pull, realize wall is too hot to stay there. Go down the stairs, get supply, walk to the wall to repair, start repairing, poof, outside and getting killed.

What I gather from this thread is that the people on this forum both hate and like siege at the same time. Seeing how people cry about the few classes and skills that can reduce the oppression spewed out by the million arrow carts lined up along the wall

@steki.1478 said:

@steki.1478 said:Maybe you should start fighting with players instead of siege.

This week is probably one of the very rare cases I saw people building siege for only 2 people. It's getting disgusting.

Apparently you haven't been playing much since PoF launch, and the new, and not so improved, pirate ship-condi-aoe spam meta has taken over...

Looks like you havent heard of ele, rev, mesmer, ranger or deadeye. All counters to condi aoe spam (which is only one class).

Rev does not counter this anymore since there are 100000 shades to corrupt your resistance spam. Unless you were just lumping them in as a 1200 range power damage spammer basic counter to scourge... But even then, hammer's been nerfed so hard these past patches, it's like throwing a wad of wet paper towels at the enemy.

@Ubi.4136 said:

@Ubi.4136 said:List of places other mesmers can "pull" me out of the tower regularly.
  1. top of the wall
  2. top of the stairs
  3. middle of the stairs
  4. bottom of the stairs

Get single pull, realize wall is too hot to stay there. Go down the stairs, get supply, walk to the wall to repair, start repairing, poof, outside and getting killed.

You sure it was a mesmer? Dragonhunter can spear you and wait 6 seconds to pull you. Might've gotten spear'd when the mesmer pulled you.

@narcx.3570 said:

Rev does not counter this anymore since there are 100000 shades to corrupt your resistance spam. Unless you were just lumping them in as a 1200 range power damage spammer basic counter to scourge... But even then, hammer's been nerfed so hard these past patches, it's like throwing a wad of wet paper towels at the enemy.

And you can also spam 100000 instances of resistance with mesmers, guards and revs, as well as any other boon. You dont get corrupted if you dont stand in their aoes but you get boons all the time and in case that enemy has power scourges you have dwarf elite to cover whole party. As far as hammer damage goes, it still crits up to 10k which is enough.