Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on my third round. Currently at 2/10. I went to Bloodtide Coast and the chest was already opened. I went to Kessex Hills and the chest is already opened. So I went to the end of the list to Mount Maelstrom and the chest is opened. Starting today it's not resetting for me.

Edit: I went to the remaining 8 locations and all of them have opened chests. So only the first two reset, Gendarren Fields and Harathi Hinterlands.

I have 2 keys. Four chests to open on this 10 chest cycle and I can not open any.Why can all chest reset every night period? If you want to open the same chest all the time and not worryabout the achievement you should be able to. I have to waypoint across the maps every night trying tofind one to open. Is this some kind of nickel and diming gold sink??

@Heibi.4251 said:ANET: Please clarify whether you put in a time gate on sunken chests other than keys. Otherwise there's really no reason to have extra keys drop from mobs.

I do not think it is a timegate unless it is one that they non-retroactively added with last week's patch. None of the chests I have opened since then has reset, and now I am stuck at 8/10 with two dropped keys I have used. If it is a (terribly short-sighted) 10-day-cooldown per chest one of them should become usable again in two days (and we would all get stacks over stacks of unusable keys with time). Otherwise they broke something and the chests just do not reset anymore until they fix this.

So I was (am) experiencing the same bug, just after I completed all 10 chests. The next day I went to a several spots but the chests did not highlight. I then went back to my first chest a day later and sure enough it was able to be looted. I then went the to second chest I looted and it too was able to be opened while others cant. It would appear that there is a 10day reset linked to each chest per account.I think some people that cant loot two days in a row is because they used 2+ keys on the same day or something and therefore 2+ chests will reset by the same delay. So if you forgot the order you opened them on probably the best bet is to wait 10 days open all of them and the collect keys and open them all again 10 days later unless you want to keep track.

Same issue here. I have completed the achievement 2 times, and this 3rd cycle I did the first 7 chests in order, last 3 when I go there they are already open and can't interact with them. Second day in a row that I see all remaining 3 chests like that. I also checked the ones I already done, and as expected, they are non usable as well.

It's not a cooldown. Always, in the past, when I looted a sunken chest, it was still available as an interactive object. Starting today, they're not. They're just decorations now, as far as I can tell.

It has to be a bug, but other people CAN harvest them, so it's also an exploit of sorts.

It is a game wide bug affecting many people as far as i can see - me included.

I've checked all chest location and all appear to be open while the achievement clearly shows that i still didn't do the Timberline Falls and Snowden Drift once.

https://i.imgur.com/hXPfWYJ.png

It says looted while the check mark shows they aren't.

I still have 2 keys from doing the daily and I've already reported it in-game after waiting 24h+ to see if it is cooldown related issue (but it is not)

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Dmon.2089 said:Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

@Dmon.2089 said:Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

Well same here i have 3 keys but can not open any chest as i look by achiefment is say i dont have him hmm

Since two days im stuck at the master diver achievement at 6/10. I can not interact with any of the 4 missing chests that are not checked with a tiny cute green arrow yet. Every time i approach the evil chests or sneaking to them giggling in a very strange and weird suffering way they graphically show as open. No interaction possibruuuu O_o.

Please help my poor soul, before i will lose the last 0,001% of my sanity left. niahahahahahahaha raaaaaaaaah ^(°-°)^