Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

Another report for this - I'm at 5/10 on Master Diver having completed it twice so far.

Gendarran Fields Sunken Chest LootedHarathi Hinterlands Sunken Chest LootedBloodtide Coast Sunken Chest LootedKessex Hills Sunken Chest LootedIron Marches Sunken Chest Looted

and have the tick next to them. I visited all 5 of the others in the achievement:

Snowden Drifts Sunken ChestFrostgorge Sound Sunken ChestLornar's Pass Sunken ChestTimberline Falls Sunken ChestMount Maelstrom Sunken Chest

and all of them show as already opened.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the achievment "Master Diver " 2 times so far... I'm opening the chests only after I collect 10 keys and start opening all 10 chests in one go.Last night I finished collecting another 10 keys from drops, when I went to open the chests for a 3th time, all of them seemed to be opened. Last time I opened them was before few days (5-7 days). I tyed opening the 10 chest today too and again they are already opened. If the chest don't respawn daily, are they weekly? If so can Arenanet team confirm it, and if the chests work properly, as they are intended to, what can the players do with the extra keys they get from the daily and the drops ?

Completed dive master twice started the 3rd round got 6 of the 10 chests. today when to get the next on the list someone else was there it showed open for both of us. they had another one that was same as what i needed we both went there it showed open. I went to the last 2 on my list for the 3rd round both of those showed open as well. so on 3rd round i have 6/10 with the remaining 4 showing open and not just to me.

It's not on the Known Issues Tracker, but I have to believe at this point they're aware; they only release hotfixes for gamebreaking stuff, so my guess is a fix for this won't come until Tuesday at the earliest.

I'm still bugged, btw. I just collect my daily key to open a bunch of chests at once when it's fixed.

I'm on my 3rd round of Master Diver achievement. I have 3 locations (Timberline Falls, Bloodtide and Snowden Drifts) where chests appear open and are not interactive. I sent a ticket and got response. ANet is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, no time frame of a fix was given though. So just waiting.A few points was given by Anet customer support.

1. You can open chests in any order.
  2. You can open as many chests as you have keys for, given only one chest per your Master Diver list. You have to complete the list before starting to open the same chest and it has to be after the reset.
  3. No penalty for opening more than one chest in one day.

@Manasa Devi.7958 said:

@"maddoctor.2738" said:Same problem here. Really annoying

Edit: I think the chests have a 10-day internal cooldown, the first chest I opened in my previous rotation was available today. Then I went to check the second one and it was also available. The third chest I opened wasn't available, it has been 2 days since my last "completion", so it hasn't been 10 days yet since I opened the third one. I will try it again tomorrow and if I can open it then it will be somewhat confirmed, at least for me, that you need to wait 10 days for the chests to become available again.

My suggestion to everyone, until Anet provides a good solution, is to always open the chests in the same order, preferably the order they appear in the achievement panel (so always start with Gendaran Fields). That way by the time you complete the achievement the first chest will become available again.

I've only had one extra key, and opened exactly 1 chest (though I don't remember the order) every day except the day I got the extra key. If they're on a 10 day cooldown, I shouldn't be stuck at 5/10 today.

Well I certainly hoped that would be the case. Went to my "third place" today and it wasn't open so yeah it's probably fully bugged/random or whatever and my 10-day theory doesn't work at all.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I finished Master Diver the second time through yesterday. Today, with a fresh key in hand and 0/10 on Master Diver, none of the chests are interactable (i.e. they display as open, no interact prompt at all).

I have this exact problem and just posted in Players Helping Players. Heard someone in-game Map Chat saying they too couldn't open any chests as all appear opened so I thought I'd better check Bug Reports. Boooo! Hope this gets fixed soon.