Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@Doghouse.1562 said:

@Dmon.2089 said:Can anyone else with this problem check if the achievement has disappeared from their list?

I have the same problem - only on my second rotation, but several of the chests are already visually open, and are not interactable. The achievement is visible in the achievements pane, I'm able to track it, and the chests I'm having problems with show as not yet completed. But I did the chests in a somewhat arbitrary order the first time through, so I can't say how those which I can/can't open correlate to any past activity.

Same here on 3rd rotation and all chest are open and I have 3 keys now they are not reseting

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've completed the first cycle of sunken chests and was able to go through a second cycle fine except for the Sunken Chest in Lornar's pass. I've seen other players interact with it so surrounding events aren't affecting it and I have a key so there shouldn't be a reason as to why I can't access it. The chest appears open to me with no tag name above it and no interaction prompt. It's keeping me from progressing forward with gathering the Swim Speed Infusions.

https://i.imgur.com/F7H1uqF.jpgO1yAnP7.jpg

I've linked two images to show what's going on.

I'm having this same key issue. 2 full rounds complete, on the 3rd round with 3 areas done, and all the sudden none of my characters can open any of the chests. I'm just stock piling keys for now.

This seems bugged because it seems to be random and I've talked to a few players in-game that say some of their accounts can still open the chests.

Can we get an anet response on this???

It doesn't matter what run you are on. It just happened no matter how far you've gone. I have multiple accounts (my main has had more keys so is further) and they all just stopped working. I saved up multiple keys over the course of a few days and after opening one chest the rest aren't working.

this is geting hard to progress with this now im on my third run of the master diver and have opened 5 of 10 of the cheasts. to be honest it suck geting half way and then geting a bug that stops everything. i did a full run of the ones i did not have yet for this the areas i have buged are mount mailstrom, timberline falls, iron marshes, frostguage sound, and bloodtide coast. this realy sucks geting so far then wam cant get anything for the some unknown reson ples fix this soon.

@Ayli.1027 said:I'm on my 3rd round of Master Diver achievement. I have 3 locations (Timberline Falls, Bloodtide and Snowden Drifts) where chests appear open and are not interactive. I sent a ticket and got response. ANet is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, no time frame of a fix was given though. So just waiting.A few points was given by Anet customer support.

1. You can open chests in any order.
  2. You can open as many chests as you have keys for, given only one chest per your Master Diver list. You have to complete the list before starting to open the same chest and it has to be after the reset.
  3. No penalty for opening more than one chest in one day.

Thanks for the clarification from customer support.

As with many others here, I also seem to be stuck in the third round of this achievement. Was able to complete 4 chests: Gendarran, Bloodtide, Frostgorge, & Mount Maelstrom. The remaining 6 chests never reset.

@Bellefon.1259 said:

@Ayli.1027 said:I'm on my 3rd round of Master Diver achievement. I have 3 locations (Timberline Falls, Bloodtide and Snowden Drifts) where chests appear open and are not interactive. I sent a ticket and got response. ANet is aware of the problem and is working on a fix, no time frame of a fix was given though. So just waiting.A few points was given by Anet customer support.
  1. You can open chests in any order.
  2. You can open as many chests as you have keys for, given only one chest per your Master Diver list. You have to complete the list before starting to open the same chest and it has to be after the reset.
  3. No penalty for opening more than one chest in one day.

Thanks for the clarification from customer support.

As with many others here, I also seem to be stuck in the third round of this achievement. Was able to complete 4 chests: Gendarran, Bloodtide, Frostgorge, & Mount Maelstrom. The remaining 6 chests never reset.

Well, I guess that answers things. :) Thanks for sharing the info, Ayli! Now we just sit and wait and accumulate keys in the meantime, I guess.

I started running into this problem on one account a day or two ago. I can't open chests in Iron Marches, Snowden Drifts, Frostgorge Sound, Lornar's Pass, and Mount Maelstrom. Stuck at 5/10 and now just hoarding keys.

edit:Make that two accounts. My main is now stuck at 6/10 with the same chests as above, minus Iron Marches, not resetting.

@KaryuZeir.9346 said:I thought it was only me when I was asking ppl from my guild, but it's been 2 days already and now I see it's a global bug

I have the exact same issue, couple of days ago i could'nt open sunken treasures anymore. Now im stuck at the beginning of my third master diver cycle. I guess i am saving up my keys until they fix the bug :)

Experiencing the same issue, submitted a bug report and put in a ticket but no response as of yet.

Stuck at 5/10 chests of Master Diver with Snowden Drifts, Frostgorge Sound, Lornar's Pass, Timberline Falls and Mount Maelstrom all showing as already opened and unable to be looted.