Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly, although this thread was created on 27 May this bug has only just hit me today, I run this much the same time every day so daily reset would have happened before today's attempt.

More oddly, the daily 'kill 10 krait' DID reset as I was able to get another one, so it's a problem with the chest alone.

I'm currently 8/10 on my 4th set.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

@LaHire.5934 said:I stopped doing daylie's cuz of that, if they come back saying you should have stacked your keys while waiting for us to fix the bug, i'll be pissed off.

Then you will quite likely be pissed off. Neither is the scenario you are betting on, whatever that may be, the most likely one nor is your reaction the safest one.Most likely scenario: when the bug is fixed chest cooldown will revert to the previous system where all chests reset once all ten have been opened.Safest reaction: keep hoarding keys and have a heyday when the bug gets fixed.

I got the same bug. I collected 10 keys to open another round of chests but only 1 out of 10 was open to loot. Was 9 days ago that I looted them last time.

@Eragon Carnesir.2479 said:Someone has already answered correctly on page 2 or 3? After i followed it I found it to be correct. Each chest has a 10 day cool down. So just make sure to do your rounds according to the map rotation you did the first round and it will all be good.So what is the point of those very rare bonus key drops if you can never use them if you do the daily? This whole sunken chest content is one pathetic joke.

@Heibi.4251 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually get a developer response, but hey, you do you.

@Player.9621 said:

@CptAurellian.9537 said:I think you can only re-open a chest if you've started a new cycle of the master diver achievement.

I thought this too at first but then I completed a cycle and I couldnt open any more anywhere.Pretty sure its proper bugged now

It is indeed buggy. In another thread someone posted their response from ANet support, who said that the developers are aware of the issue, and are working out how to fix it at the moment.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually
get
a developer response, but hey, you do you.

More posts and reports=more attention.Plus, a single person answer from a ticket doesn't satisfy me at all, I want a public comment, here, from a dev.