Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

It's been ten days since I last did this repeatable achievement. Now that I have acquired enough keys again, I was going to do the tour once more - but it's still bugged. All the chests I checked appeared as "opened" to me, hence could not be interacted with.

I'm astonished that - since it's relatively new content - there has not been any official statement on behalf of this issue yet.

@"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:Sunken Chest in conclusion after all my testing is not a bug it is a complex achievement yes. Here's the thing it's one key a day only you can accumulate them and open more than one chest as long as those chests are not marked on the list. Once a chest is open it will remain so even after 5pm reset, chests only close once the full 10 markers list is complete.This is where people go wrong they don't check with the marker list they assume the 5PM PST will reset everything. It is the marker list that resets it all not the server time. B)

What's a "marker list"?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if we stopped spending money for 4 or 5 days if that would cause someone in noddy land to wake up and look to see what the issue was?Reading bug reports where no progress is given to a found fault or problem is pointless, it only give us the small fry something to bitch about.Sunken Chest is bugged, we can't do a thing about it, apart from black list the trading post for a week or don't spend money - someone will wake up when they work out the auto payment for their Ferrari wasn't made.

It ain't hard Mr and Mrs Dev or tuther... just a small word would suffice.

@"mathion.8549" said:I think that if you have had a random key drop, and used it, that causes the bug (why, I have no clue), but I see other people interacting with each of them, and can't do it myself with or without a key (when it tells you you need a key). I have used about 8 characters to check to see if it's character-related as well, and none of them can "see" the label. So it appears to be account-based, and may have something to do with a bug brought on by a random key drop.

It's not caused by a random key drop. I have the bug, and I've never had a random key drop.

@"Hybarf Tics.2048" said:Sunken Chest in conclusion after all my testing is not a bug it is a complex achievement yes. Here's the thing it's one key a day only you can accumulate them and open more than one chest as long as those chests are not marked on the list. Once a chest is open it will remain so even after 5pm reset, chests only close once the full 10 markers list is complete.This is where people go wrong they don't check with the marker list they assume the 5PM PST will reset everything. It is the marker list that resets it all not the server time. B)

This does not explain my experience with these chests at all. I'm at 5/10 and 6/10 with the unchecked chests on the list all appearing as already opened.

On one account I've only opened one chest per day, having no additional key drops from mobs. My first two cycles through the list of chests had no issues, despite my doing each run in a different order. Now on my third run, I've had the same chests not resetting for several days. I've been stuck at 6/10 for 3 days, checking every unchecked chest daily.

On my other account, I did get an extra key or two from drops in my first cycle. That did not cause any reset delays in my 2nd cycle, even though there was a day or two where I used more than 1 key/chest. As with my first account, all chests reset when I completed 10/10 on my first cycle. Now on my third cycle, 5 chests are not resetting.

Whether based on timer or the achievement list, these chests should be reset. From what I've seen it's clearly based on the achievement checklist, but that is definitely bugged and not allowing some to reset.

VfXpxRL.jpg

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"mathion.8549" said:I think that if you have had a random key drop, and used it, that causes the bug (why, I have no clue), but I see other people interacting with each of them, and can't do it myself with or without a key (when it tells you you need a key). I have used about 8 characters to check to see if it's character-related as well, and none of them can "see" the label. So it appears to be account-based, and may have something to do with a bug brought on by a random key drop.

It's not caused by a random key drop. I have the bug, and I've never had a random key drop.

me too

I encountered this problem a couple days ago, on my 3rd run through, doing the list in order (top to bottom). I submitted a ticket, with screenshots yesterday, when it was still an issue after 2 days.I usually started my dailies by sitting on a sunken chest, until I killed 10 krait, and then opening that chest for the day with my daily key. When I arrived at the chest, the words weren't there and it showed as open. I killed my krait, collected my key, and tried the chest anyhow- no luck. All the others without checkmarks on my list show as open with no markings, and no ability to open them.The only things I may have done differently was trying to open the chest less than 24 hours after the previous one. My krait key daily had reset, though, so I didn't think there would be any issues.

Side note, I was lucky enough to receive one extra key drop the very first day of the update (fractals drop) and another the same day the error began for me. (or the day after, not sure...I just know I have 1 more key than I should for the number of days I haven't been able to open the chests) I'm not sure it was that key, as it didn't cause problems for me the first day, and I already wasn't able to open them when I got another random extra as a drop.

Do we have an ETA on this fix at all, I cannot interact with any of the chests in locations

Iron MarchesSnowden DriftsFrostgorge SoundLornar's PassTimberland FallsMount Maelstrom

The other 4 I managed to get, althought Bloodtide cost one took me 3 days before I was able to interact with it, I completed the chests 2 twice now, this is the 3rd time around, or it would be if I could open them, its been several days now and I still cannot interact with the above locations.

Also stuck on my second time doing the achievement at 4/10. I get keys but the chests are all open and unusable. I can see other players killing Krait and looting the 'empty' chest, (I can hear the opening creak sound for them) but they're still just glorified scenery to me.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:Sunken Chest in conclusion after all my testing is not a bug it is a complex achievement yes. Here's the thing it's one key a day only you can accumulate them and open more than one chest as long as those chests are not marked on the list. Once a chest is open it will remain so even after 5pm reset, chests only close once the full 10 markers list is complete.This is where people go wrong they don't check with the marker list they assume the 5PM PST will reset everything. It is the marker list that resets it all not the server time. B)

I hope you are joking, because you can not possibly have read the bug descriptions in this thread and come to the conclusion that this thing that everybody knew already was the problem. :lol:

Actually, I have another interesting factoid for the heap: a friend of mine who does not do the keys all that regularly went to a sunken chest which at first appeared to be functional (lid closed, item name displayed). She and another player killed a few spawning krait to earn the daily key. The other player was done first, opened the chest and... then it bugged out for my friend. The lid stayed open and the name was no longer displayed, and when she got her key she could not use it.

I had just completed my 2nd time through the achievement when they stopped working. I now have 10 more keys collected, same issue. I'm not inclined to visit every map to see if 1 or 2 work when they're all supposed to. Reported this days ago. Come on, Anet! This is slack that's hard to tolerate!

@Gq Fresh.1764 said:I had just completed my 2nd time through the achievement when they stopped working. I now have 10 more keys collected, same issue. I'm not inclined to visit every map to see if 1 or 2 work when they're all supposed to. Reported this days ago. Come on, Anet! This is slack that's hard to tolerate!

Just wait until the next patch when they say they've fixed it. Just continue to collect keys.

I've completed the cycle twice now (10ap) and all my chests are now bugged. I have 10 keys, and will collect more each day until I have enough for the 50ap, but can't seem to progress.

The weekly reset day doesn't seem to have fixed it. It' now been over a week.