What will the Charr legions back in Ascalon think of the Olmakhan Charr and there way of life?

Telwyn.1630

So as the title explains what do you all believe the Blood, Iron, and Ash legions charr will think of the Olmakhan and there way of life since there ancestors fled instead of helping the charr defeat the Flame Legion. What will they think of how they allow parents to raise there own children instead of sending them to a fahrar. Will the Olmakhan be looked down on by the charr back in Ascalon for abandoning there kin and who became nature peace loving charr in another land instead of fighting with the rest of there kin. Will the Legions try more or less force Olmakhan to change from the culture the Olmakhan charr are use to living or just leave them alone in what would be seen as exile to the legions?

I do like the Olmakhan charr and I can imagine what the charr back in Acsalon would think of the Olmakan charr but what do you all think?

Keep in mind the Olmakhan originally belonged to the Flame Legion, so the other Legions would've been happy to hear that some of them fled/ditched the Flame Legion.However, I guess they will be considered weak and no further thought will be wasted on them.

Who would decide to get the Olmakhans back if they never belonged to any of the remaining legions in the first place?I suppose all of the Legions would be like "What? That's not our problem. We've got plenty of problems already."

It is also possible to exist outside of the Legions's hierarchies without being killed. There's plenty of Charr who run around as Gladium. There's also plenty of Charr in the Lionguard and I'm pretty sure they don't answer to the Legions anymore.

@"deatine.2498" said:Keep in mind the Olmakhan originally belonged to the Flame Legion, so the other Legions would've been happy to hear that some of them fled/ditched the Flame Legion.However, I guess they will be considered weak and no further thought will be wasted on them.

Who would decide to get the Olmakhans back if they never belonged to any of the remaining legions in the first place?I suppose all of the Legions would be like "What? That's not our problem. We've got plenty of problems already."

It is also possible to exist outside of the Legions's hierarchies without being killed. There's plenty of Charr who run around as Gladium. There's also plenty of Charr in the Lionguard and I'm pretty sure they don't answer to the Legions anymore.

Lots of good points here. :)

But especially that last bit - we've already seen charr Lionguard, charr pirates, charr merchants outside Ascalon, charr in the various Orders (who may or may not also be part of the Legions - Tybalt left the Iron Legion to join the Order of Whispers but others seem to have ties to both) and so on. There used to be a couple of charr in the old version of Lion's Arch discussing the pros and cons of raising cubs outside of Ascalon and whether they need a fahrar or if other alternatives are just as good. If I remember right one thought the structure of the fahrar was better for cubs and one thought getting to play with children of all races would be more beneficial for a cub living in LA.

So the idea of charr living outside of the Legions, and even leading more peaceful, pacifist lives, isn't completely new. I imagine a lot of charr would find it strange and probably wouldn't be interested in the idea themselves but they're unlikely to declare war on the Olmakhan and try to force them back to Ascalon or to resume their traditional way of life.

If anything I'd expect Legion charr to insist that their way is best and the other groups will realise that sooner or later and give up on trying to be different of their own accord.

None of the other legions have much love for the flame legion, and I'm guessing that for many of the more zealous members, there's not much difference between Flame legion, Ex-Flame legion, and descendants of Ex-Flame legion. Just going by stereotypical portrayals of the legions, I'm guessing the Iron Legion, wouldn't care too much about them unless they made a move back towards Ascalon, the Ash Legion, similarly, would likely find them beneath their attention, but might send spies to keep track of them all the same, and the Blood Legion, would gladly steamroll them for their Flame Legion ties if it was convenient to do so, but seeing as they're half a continent away and beyond Iron Legion territory, it probably wouldn't be worth the resources.

I believe the charrs back in the Citadel would look down upon the Olmakhan, probably say that they become to soft with their new way of life...i mean, till the Commander got there, the Inquest were doing whatever they wanted finding no resistence at all. Dont think that they would force the tradicional charr way of life to the Olmakhan, probably wouldnt even care, they still have the ghost, some remaning Flame Legion and the Branded that are allways expanding to take care of.

@sorudo.9054 said:if the normal charr are really that weak and the olmakhan that powerful they would cower in fear, compared to them normal charr are wimps.

What do you mean by normal charr? The Olmakhan are not powerful, they are just elementalist, which would be expected since they are ex-Flame Legion.

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The Olmakhan used to be Flame Legion and abandoned the legion because of the abhorrent stuff they did. Of course they couldn't go back to the other legions because of what charr do to traitors.

Well the Flame Legion isn't exactly held in high regards to the other factions. I think they won't be shunned because of that. I do think though that they won't see the Olmakhan as worthy members for any of the 3 legions simply because the charr life style is more militaristic while the Olmakhan are more of a community.

If anything the Ascalon charr would just see them as weaklings.

@ImTasty.2163 said:

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:The Olmakhan used to be Flame Legion and abandoned the legion because of the abhorrent stuff they did. Of course they couldn't go back to the other legions because of what charr do to traitors.

Well the Flame Legion isn't exactly held in high regards to the other factions. I think they won't be shunned because of that. I do think though that they won't see the Olmakhan as worthy members for any of the 3 legions simply because the charr life style is more militaristic while the Olmakhan are more of a community.

More than anything i think theyd be treated like charr born outside the Black Citadel, and i dont remember reading anything that says they treat those charr awfully. They may not approve, but they are still Charr.

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:None of the other legions have much love for the flame legion, and I'm guessing that for many of the more zealous members, there's not much difference between Flame legion, Ex-Flame legion, and descendants of Ex-Flame legion. Just going by stereotypical portrayals of the legions, I'm guessing the Iron Legion, wouldn't care too much about them unless they made a move back towards Ascalon, the Ash Legion, similarly, would likely find them beneath their attention, but might send spies to keep track of them all the same, and the Blood Legion, would gladly steamroll them for their Flame Legion ties if it was convenient to do so, but seeing as they're half a continent away and beyond Iron Legion territory, it probably wouldn't be worth the recourses

the flame legion ruled all the charr and was considered above the other legions. The oklaham left during the civil war that overthrew them.The oklahom would be considered a splinter faction of deserters but not flame legion.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:if the normal charr are really that weak and the olmakhan that powerful they would cower in fear, compared to them normal charr are wimps.

What do you mean by normal charr? The Olmakhan are not powerful, they are just elementalist, which would be expected since they are ex-Flame Legion.i never saw other charr making giant demon charr and cast powerful shields. (with normal charr i mean the ones we play)

@Dante.1763 said:

More than anything i think theyd be treated like charr born outside the Black Citadel, and i dont remember reading anything that says they treat those charr awfully. They may not approve, but they are still Charr.

Yeah, I don't even think they disapprove off them, I can't imagine they're all that angry about the charr living in Lion's Arch or working with the Pact forces either.

The Olmakhan took their chance to flee the Flame Legion and the Legions in general over 200 years ago, I dare say that many charr would be envious of their freedom and life style.

@sorudo.9054 said:

What do you mean by normal charr? The Olmakhan are not powerful, they are just elementalist, which would be expected since they are ex-Flame Legion.i never saw other charr making giant demon charr and cast powerful shields. (with normal charr i mean the ones we play)

I was about to talk of Gaheron, but since you said the player character, i am pretty sure if the PC is elementalist the stuff that the Olmakhan do is child play to him/her...you cant compare lore with game mechanics, i am pretty sure that a Air Overload lore wise should be just as strong as the storm that the Olmakhan summoned when we attacked the Inquest fortress.

• 1 year later...

@Telwyn.1630 said:So as the title explains what do you all believe the Blood, Iron, and Ash legions charr will think of the Olmakhan and there way of life since there ancestors fled instead of helping the charr defeat the Flame Legion. What will they think of how they allow parents to raise there own children instead of sending them to a fahrar. Will the Olmakhan be looked down on by the charr back in Ascalon for abandoning there kin and who became nature peace loving charr in another land instead of fighting with the rest of there kin. Will the Legions try more or less force Olmakhan to change from the culture the Olmakhan charr are use to living or just leave them alone in what would be seen as exile to the legions?

I do like the Olmakhan charr and I can imagine what the charr back in Acsalon would think of the Olmakan charr but what do you all think?

well lets compare growth

in the years since they broke off. have they thrived? no. they still 1 village. not a town, not a city, never mind a legion. their population is still a small village (which for 200 years is kinda sad)

so their way of life, while not a dead end, isn't exactly a thriving way. at most its a sustaining.

so while the Citadel might not disprove of them (they'll probably view them as an outpost) i doubt the citadel will do anymore than that. as comparing their way of life to the legions. the legions have strength, power, and ironically have done a far better job growing as a race. so the citadel and legion's culture will be the dominant. (just see the population figures)

the Olmakhan will most likely remain semi-outsiders. able to call for legion's help if attacked, and be called to war vice versa. but outside of that, the most htey can hope for is eventually expanding to a few more villages. they'll be appealing to gladiums, but only those gladiums who are looking for a dead end to growth. while those who want to continue to grow in rank and influence will remain in the legions.

@Felipe.1807 said:

I was about to talk of Gaheron, but since you said the player character, i am pretty sure if the PC is elementalist the stuff that the Olmakhan do is child play to him/her...you cant compare lore with game mechanics, i am pretty sure that a Air Overload lore wise should be just as strong as the storm that the Olmakhan summoned when we attacked the Inquest fortress.

thats less of them being more powerful, and more Anet being able to show more.

its the same for all the races. Sylvari then vs now. (able to grow giant vine walls? just Anet able to show more)asura then vs now (asura, well inquest specifically, able to build and expand over all this land. seriously we keep running into them. and Rata Primus is NO small feat. are we to believe they've grown so fast? no. its just not been shown until it became relevant that they have this kind of reach. they've been there for a while)even humans. (heck the watchknight was an exception, and it blew up in their face so at best they still where they were at the start of GW1, just with safer roads and shipping)

its not because they actually getting stronger, its just Anet is able to show off more.

honestly the only real change to the power of races seems to be the introduction of the airship. and yet even that is limtied as we're still seeing the use of regular sail ships when they bring supplies to amnoon.

Depends on the Charr. Smodur the Unflinching and the Iron Legion would probably open lines of communication and trade i would venture that Malice Swordshadow And Ash would be just as Welcoming (both Malice and Smodor were involved with the peace process with humans.) Blood on the other had would probably go all Borg on them and force them to assimilate.

Year old necro'ing aside:

@Zaklex.6308 said:Nothing, because they won't ever know about them and therefore wouldn't have any thoughts on them...have you considered having this moved over to the Lore section, it seems to me it would fit in more there and gather some more informed answers than from the General section.

The Olmakhan interacted with the Pact forces, as well as the Iron Legion at Thunderhead Keep. They also had visited the Bazaar of the Four Winds. It's 100% guaranteed that the High Legions know of them by now.

That all said, it'd be interesting if Efram Greetsglory tried to reach out to the Olmakhan since most were originally Flame Legion, to try and get them to rejoin the Legion with their new culture, and help reform it into a less oppressive group by smothering out any sparks of hostile factions still within Flame.

@"arenta.2953" said:well lets compare growth

in the years since they broke off. have they thrived? no. they still 1 village. not a town, not a city, never mind a legion. their population is still a small village (which for 200 years is kinda sad)

so their way of life, while not a dead end, isn't exactly a thriving way. at most its a sustaining.

so while the Citadel might not disprove of them (they'll probably view them as an outpost) i doubt the citadel will do anymore than that. as comparing their way of life to the legions. the legions have strength, power, and ironically have done a far better job growing as a race. so the citadel and legion's culture will be the dominant. (just see the population figures)

the Olmakhan will most likely remain semi-outsiders. able to call for legion's help if attacked, and be called to war vice versa. but outside of that, the most htey can hope for is eventually expanding to a few more villages. they'll be appealing to gladiums, but only those gladiums who are looking for a dead end to growth. while those who want to continue to grow in rank and influence will remain in the legions.

To look at this point, this could also mean that the OlmaKhan are very good at managing resources. They may not be "thriving" as in rapid population growth, but if every single member of their village is well fed, educated, and has a home, I'd consider that "thriving" They know they can safely feed X amount of people, and thus maintain population with that in mind.

@Felipe.1807 said:honestly the only real change to the power of races seems to be the introduction of the airship. and yet even that is limtied as we're still seeing the use of regular sail ships when they bring supplies to amnoon.

Like with waypoints and Asura gates, ocean sailing is a viable alternate to airships, which require docking platforms or places large enough to set down in. And with Zhaitan and Joko dead, the seas around Tyria are becoming a lot more safer. Travel to Cantha may not be feasible/safe yet, but travel between Elona and Kryta is.

@Kalavier.1097 said:

@"arenta.2953" said:well lets compare growth

To look at this point, this could also mean that the OlmaKhan are very good at managing resources. They may not be "thriving" as in rapid population growth, but if every single member of their village is well fed, educated, and has a home, I'd consider that "thriving" They know they can safely feed X amount of people, and thus maintain population with that in mind.

@Felipe.1807 said:honestly the only real change to the power of races seems to be the introduction of the airship. and yet even that is limtied as we're still seeing the use of regular sail ships when they bring supplies to amnoon.

Like with waypoints and Asura gates, ocean sailing is a viable alternate to airships, which require docking platforms or places large enough to set down in. And with Zhaitan and Joko dead, the seas around Tyria are becoming a lot more safer. Travel to Cantha may not be feasible/safe yet, but travel between Elona and Kryta is.

aye aye

and you are right, manging resources is good, and a form of thriving. but in terms of thriving as a military power. thats what i ment.

in terms of sustainability, stability, and preparedness. they are better off than the legions. (then again, the fact they don't pick fights with humans helps that)

@arenta.2953 said:aye aye

and you are right, manging resources is good, and a form of thriving. but in terms of thriving as a military power. thats what i ment.

in terms of sustainability, stability, and preparedness. they are better off than the legions. (then again, the fact they don't pick fights with humans helps that)

Well, I suppose that's a factor of what they want. They don't want to be a military power.