Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all.I have this very same bug too, and it's annoying. I'm stuck at 6/10 of my third run of the achievement.I've been thinking ... it is weird that this bug manifests more or less at the same point to everyone (somewhere around the middle of the third run). I thought about what do players with this bug could have in common, and the only thing I could think of is that we may have looted a similar amount of Swim-Speed Infusions +10. So I checked my amount, and it's 99 ... which is a suspicious number, if you ask me.It may be just a coincidence,. But this bug (and the idea it may be that) annoys me out of my mind. So, can I ask you, my fellow bug-affected players, what is your amount? You should subtract the amount of Swim-Speed Infusions you bought at the trading post, if you happened to have bought some: I already verified in game that those don't count.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

It is only "Sunken Treasure Hunter"

The bug finally hit me tonight. I'm on round 3. My habit has been to work up from the bottom of the Master Diver list. I successfully, one a day, got Mount M, Timberline, Lornar's, and Frostgorge. Then tonight I happened to get a key drop (from Augury Rock, I think) and headed to get my 10 krait to get a second key. Note, this is the first time I've had a key drop other than from the krait daily. I may have had key stacks at the very beginning of the Event, thanks to the npc, but I'm not 100% sure this isn't my first time with a key stack.

I went to Snowden and then Iron Marches, the chests in both were in the dull open state, no yellow name, no interaction. Then just to see, I split the keys, putting one in shared inventory and leaving one in my bags. Voila, the Kessex chest was available and used the key from my bags. I went to Bloodtide -- broken. Harathi -- broken. I moved the key to my bags and went to Gendarran, but that was also broken.

So tldr it could have to do with having more than one key at a time?

edit: just to check, I took an alt to Snowden to spot check, moving the key from shared to her bags. No good, chest was still broken.

I'm also having this problem. I've completed Master Diver twice and I go down the list, 1 key per day. I got stuck on the third round, 6 out of 10 done. All the chests appear open now, even ones I haven't opened according to my checklist. I collected 1 key and checked the sunken chests each day since but no luck. Now have 4 keys. But before that, I'd only have 1 key in my inventory at a time so I don't think that's what broke it.

@Blude.6812 said:

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:Just to repeat what was said above: ANet support have confirmed the bug is known, and a fix is being worked on.

However, an ANET dev hasn't popped in to say the same thing. I think that's why folks are still posting on it. Until we, as a group, hear it from the actual devs we reserve the right to post about it. And then even after.

Sure. You can do anything you please, once you have this information. Enjoy. Won't, of course, make a lick of difference, and like most bugs, you won't actually
get
a developer response, but hey, you do you.

They do have a liaison/communication team lead who could have responded and it may have helped with this specific concern of no communication. Don't need an actual dev to chime in, just some communication.

Do? Did. It's one of those things that never sticks.

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

Thank you for the communication. It may seem silly but there really is a big difference between being intellectually aware that anet must know about the problem and are working on it vs someone actually coming out and saying that they are aware of the problem and are working on it. Makes me feel better anyway :)

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

So players will often get something like this:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sam_(fine)

Instead the appropriate version:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sam

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with
or exclusively with

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

So players will often get something like this:

Instead the appropriate version:

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Aerinndis.2730 said:Third run bugged for me. First two went swimingly :) Thanks, Gaile, for the info I will look forward to the fix.

I see what you did there. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with
or exclusively with

Two completely different things with no related mechanics whatsoever. ;)

Yes they are completely different, but the internal message I received left me with some small question in my mind, so I'd rather clarify and be 100% accurate than guess and maybe put up incomplete info. :)

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@"MithranArkanere.8957" said:

So players will often get something like this:

Instead the appropriate version:

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

That is good to know, thank you.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

@Bravesole.2684 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

I think maybe the Senior Vice President of Grind overruled the low-level Manager of Fun. ;-)