Major Renegade PvP improvement ideas ( Revised 01/2019 )

Master Ketsu.4569

The functionality of the summons in WvW definitely needs to be improved.
--Developers greatly reduced the damage that summons take from Non-Player-Characters. They need to apply this toughness to the summons in WvW vs Player characters. Making their resilience scale with number of enemy players within a 2000 radius would help balance them and make them sustainable. This insures that smaller groups could still kill them, but 50 man zergs cannot steam roll them as easily. Balance is key.

--The Renegade is a powerful support hybrid class. The talent "All for One" is a support based party inspiration talent and should to be expanded. While providing protection, it should also provide one unique buff for each summon as well. Daring should provide a few stacks of group stability, Bastion should provide regeneration, Ire should provide Vigor, Rage should provide Retaliation, and Summit should provide Swiftness. These are all the buffs that renegade provides to the party via Boon Spirit and other means, this helps them maintain those buffs better on their party while also providing the elusive swiftness boon that commanders demand of Revenants in WvW.

--Razorclaws Rage is a party support buff that provides a bleeding proc on attack. Since the ability is an elite class specialized party support buff, and Revenant is locked into this skill regardless of what kind of build they choose to be, this ability's damage modifier needs to be changed to consider alternative builds, not just the revenant's own condition power. OR It needs to provide something else beneficial to the group to compensate for it's overall limited usefulness.

--Icerazor's Ire should have the cripple removed on the 20x hits component, and instead pulse a ~1 second Chill effect on 5 targets every second while caught within the summon's 360 range field. His name is Icerazor after all.

--If these summons are going to be CC'able and kill-able, then their effects need to be more devastating while also sustaining them too. Or even better, give them a component that harshly punishes people for killing them. That works too. Shoot, lets go a step forward and make the summons punish people for CC'ing them as well. Turn all these horrible checks and balances into a benefit that makes WvW raids proud to have Renegades in their parties.

--For the love of all that is renegade, make these 5 limited summons share the Renegade's Boons. An 'ability' should not need to be buffed with exterior boons to be good. This is just taking boons away from your allies and you...

I think some spells should just be deleted and replaced tbh. The fact that every single Kalla utility works the same way is boring. Revenant already lacks customization, but with Kalla we also lack diversity. We have 4 versions of the same spell...They could remove those (maybe keep one summon) and create new spells based around the whole "portals" theme of the Renegade spec ? I could see an utility spell similar to the Guardian scepter root, with chains comming through portals and allowing us to kite with our shortbow, or w/e. That or an aura that would portal away any projectile thrown at us for X duration. Just some idea that come to my mind.

Hoping there is some message like a Firm Claw on Renegade redo is coming hopefully. Backstory says she was fast so she needs to be fast and deadly and also not so predictable. I do like the portal idea... whack-a-charr game yep and portals that come out of the air in random places shooting at your target make placement of those reflects much more vital than lemme just put it here and laugh at the rev.

• 7 months later...

To be honest, the lack of Claw of the Khan-Ur hurts me the most...

I think that some people actually like Renegade as it is so we shouldn't expect a total rework (although I wish it happened). So my suggestion would be to change the effects od skills in order to make them synergize.

As people already mentioned - all cast times should be reduced by ~50%, especially the Elite Utility. No need for damage buffs or trait changes

• Update Shortbow #2 and #4, and let #4 be fired from behind (afterall, the arrows go into the portal do why not?).

• Icerazor's Ire - I'd make this skill actually icy. Make it apply Chill with ICD, so it wouldn't apply 1836272 stacks of Torment with Abyssal Chill traited. If not - take away the Cripple and make it Ice Field.

Same with other utilities - give them something to be worth using for. Combo Fields, more effectiveness per Summon, etc.This is a Charr Warband, not some Sylvari Plant turrets.

• 1 year later...

For being the "Renegade" it really doesn't fit or have the feel of guerrilla warfare, which is what she was known for. She doesn't feel visceral enough and honestly it would of been cool if for once shortbow was a long ranged weapon, came with stealth and offered various movement abilities in her kit. I feel like her warband members should be minions and not summonable wells; With their effect being the second trigger after summoning them. You know the whole "Outnumber the enemy, strike them down with overwhelming odds"

I also feel like the only special mechanic thats really good is the orders from above which gives alacrity (Not sure if I got the right one) the other two feel like just vanity. We honestly need some revision for this spec and more clarity. All specs/classes should be viable for all forms of play SO LONG as they run the proper specs and with Kalla I feel like she doesn't know what she wants to be.

Well it all starts with the core profession really. Core is so messed up that it cannot work well on its own without gimmicks. We need to have a good foundation to build upon it. But i think devs really gave up on revenant altogether as still we are experiencing problems with summons. They should at least be cast like a spirit weapon (on top of the walls and uneven surfaces).Secondly the weapon system is messed up. Rev has so few weapons (and some of them got heavy nerfs) but they cannot cover every legend/style. I think weapons should have been like trident, adaptable to the current legend. What we have now is just a lazy scriptwriting.

Shortbow is bad and we should feel bad :( Personally I love ranged weapons. Hammer was always too slow for my taste and shortbow skills are mostly meh. Kalla is altogether meh. Kittys need to immune to cc and should be considered as traps/wells etc for rune usage purposes. How many runes revenants can use, and how many other professions can use? glyphs, shouts, cantrips, wells, traps rev got none. Zilch. We always go for some gimmick (usually durations or 6th bonus of a rune).

Ventari is a problem altogether from wvw perspective. I still try to use it but it is just bad. And it was the reason why i started to play rev when HoT came out.

Rev just needs a good foundation. Then elite specs can be built upon it. What we have now feels so clunky, so slow to me.