Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@Archranis.2375 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

I think maybe the Senior Vice President of Grind overruled the low-level Manager of Fun. ;-)I would like to torpedo the entire chest idea. The payoffs .. .the worst ... the drops, the same, Archranis has it right, a pure and simple GRIND with no rainbow and no pot of gold at the end.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with Treasure Hunter or exclusively with Sunken Treasure Hunter.

Great news, but why did it take so long for you to respond on the official GW2 forum when we got a response on Reddit sooner?

@chatiss.3281 said:

@"Zaraki.5784" said:Also lower the reset time for chests along the fix or give us a way to use all our stacked keys because if we have 10+ of them and we continue doing the dailies, we will never run out of keys.

For sure, seems like very bad design from the start. Doesn't make sense to gate both ends of this, RNG/Time gating the keys and then also time gating the chests on the back end. How did all of this get a thumbs up on the "fun"?

I think maybe the Senior Vice President of Grind overruled the low-level Manager of Fun. ;-)I would like to torpedo the entire chest idea. The payoffs .. .the worst ... the drops, the same, Archranis has it right, a pure and simple GRIND with no rainbow and no pot of gold at the end.

Soooo..... exercise your self control, and, like, don't do the stuff you don't like? I mean, other than the gold from selling the infusions, I'm kinda shrug about the whole thing, but ... like PvP and WvW dailies that I am never going to enjoy doing, I don't think that means others should be denied that choice...

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Reddit "got a response" because it was someone posting what message they received in a ticket.

Also the chests DON'T HAVE COOL DOWNS ON THEM. When you complete a set they all close to be opened again in any order.

They are supposed to work like that, yes, however they don't reset, at least they haven't for me, on my third set only the chests in Bloodtide Coast and Timberline Falls have reset, none of the others have.

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:

@Hybarf Tics.2048 said:I haven't logged in in 3 days and yet all the chests are stuck in open positions. :/All?

Double check your Achievement list - you have to finish all chests on the list before the list resets.Look in the bug section it's an official bug, and yes I'm done I even have the title. :p

You get the title after the first go-through.

You "only" get achievements and rewards after that. The list is repeatable 10 times (for 50 total achievement points), so you're not done with the achievement total, if you only went through it once.

According to some users, it's apparently hanging (the chests become inactive background objects) after the May 22nd patch (though I thought it was closer to May 29th, since that's when I stopped being able to interact at all with any chests - not even an "open" option popping up). I still do the daily to get the keys (7 in inventory so far, which tells everyone when I stopped being able to use them), so I figure once they have the stupid things fixed, I can zip through the achievement to whatever point I'd be current (unless this goes on more than 70 some days).

Some of the patches today (Tuesday) are supposed to be about addressing the issue (or so went the rumor according to my roommate who got it from a staffer in WvW not too long ago), but I can definitively say that it did not work. If the Dev's are reading these forums, I offer that last part for their edification and enlightenment, though I figure someone already went out to check it and are swearing over the lack of positive results at the moment..

@Bravesole.2684 said:

I can understand the whole "get interrupted while opening" thing, but gating them at all is, well, not very well justified. I mean, if someone wants to sit there and spam the same chest over and over, why not? The key rate drop is metered, no? If someone doesn't read their achievement guides to see it's best (for the achievement points) to go through the list before opening the same chest again, that's mostly on them (it's not like the thing doesn't show up at all).

Leave them endlessly "openable" (even if one can be interrupted while doing it) if people have the keys. They're account-bound, and can be metered by drop rate if need be (though I really don't see the point to that, either). Trying to gate them and all the rest just doesn't make a lot of sense, unless someone from PETA is up in arms about the pointless slaughter of 10 Krait per day per player to get one of the keys. Personally, I see that as a Tyrian Improvement Project.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with
or exclusively with

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

So players will often get something like this:

Instead the appropriate version:

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

I have looted both the exotic and fine versions. It's not broken at all, just rare.

I completed the achievement once. Since then I've only found four chests reset. The rest are all already open and can't be looted. This is clearly a bug. It's been a couple of weeks. Given that this was the big new feature of that patch, I'm surprised nothing is apparently being done.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

or exclusively with

The issue with Treasure Hunter is a different one. When magic find was removed from gear, many drops that had magic find was changed or replaced. Possibly as a side-effect of this, now bosses that drop trinkets part of Treasure Hunter often drop bugged versions of those trinkets that are fine level 80 trinkets with a single Condition damage stat and an amber pebble upgrade on it, instead the level 80 exotic trinket.

Getting the bugged fine feels worse than not getting anything at all, since there's no way to 'upgrade' the fine version to exotic, and the fine version doesn't even have proper level 80 stats, so it can't even be used to equip it Those bugged versions should just be removed..

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

No. The fine versions should not exist. Level 80 items are not supposed to have a single stat and level 0 upgrades. Those are items from level 0 to level 20.

And they didn't drop before the change in magic find. They are a remnant of changes made to drop tables.

On top of that, it just feels worse to get those than getting nothing. It makes people think they are getting that instead the exotic even if that isn't the case.

Those should simply not exist.

But as I said, it's a different issue.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

or exclusively with

That isn't a "bugged" version, that is a perfectly legitimate version that also drops from the same boss. You are experiencing that an item is rare, not broken.

No. The fine versions should not exist. Level 80 items are not supposed to have a single stat and level 0 upgrades. Those are items from level 0 to level 20.

And they didn't drop before the change in magic find. They are a remnant of changes made to drop tables.

On top of that, it just feels worse to get those than getting nothing. It makes people think they are getting that instead the exotic even if that isn't the case.

Those should simply not exist.

But as I said, it's a different issue.

i at least understand what you mean by that.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I finished Master Diver the second time through yesterday. Today, with a fresh key in hand and 0/10 on Master Diver, none of the chests are interactable (i.e. they display as open, no interact prompt at all).

I am suffering from this exact same issue. Have now been redoing this for 6 days as I have 6 keys... Even during reset.

@"OutOfMyMind.9613" said:Just wanted to let everybody know that the update today did NOT fix this bug.

Of course not! If it did, ANet would have put the info up in the patch notes. They acknowledged the issue just yesterday, so it will take a while to fix.

I will wait patiently until they fix it, then do my "ten chests in one day" routine again. Not gonna run around looking for chests now that might work.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:Reddit "got a response" because it was someone posting what message they received in a ticket.

Also the chests DON'T HAVE COOL DOWNS ON THEM. When you complete a set they all close to be opened again in any order.

They are supposed to work like that, yes, however they don't reset, at least they haven't for me, on my third set only the chests in Bloodtide Coast and Timberline Falls have reset, none of the others have.

I think what he may have been referencing there is some confusion among some players as to what is causing the bug, or whether there is actually a bug or if the current behavior of the chests is intended. But ultimately it doesn't matter as long as anet understands the issue and is working to correct it the confusion is unfortunate but irrelevant . . .

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@OutOfMyMind.9613 said:Just wanted to let everybody know that the update today did NOT fix this bug.

Of course not! If it did, ANet would have put the info up in the patch notes. They acknowledged the issue just yesterday, so it will take a while to fix.

The date of the first public acknowledgement of a problem says nothing about when ANet were first made aware of it .. the first post I know of on here was dated 27 May and I'm pretty sure from comments I've seen that it was 'bug reported' days earlier.