Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm bugged now too 5/10 on my third run through. I've submitted a ticket as well. Looks like I'll just collect keys till we know what's going on. It's nice to know they're trying to track it down. I've gone to all 5 other chests now and found them all still open so, I guess I'll just wait. At least I know I'm not alone, I guess.

I don't know if this would have anything to do with them being bugged. I got a key in AB then my key from krait after that opened 2 chests. the next day (i'm on my 3rd round) got a key at 6/10 all 4 have been open since. Timberline, Lornars, Maelstrom and Frostgourge.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Cathaldus.1276 said:Seems to get bugged at 3rd round

I strongly suspect -- but can't be certain -- that it is much more that the third round is, coincidentally, where people were at when the thing broke. So, it isn't so much it breaks on the third round, as that most people doing it daily were on their third round when it broke. Make sense?

Maybe, because I've read in this thread about people being stuck on 2nd or 4th round, so it's definitely not 3rd round only.

@Daddicus.6128 said:Gaile, they partially fixed it. But, the time-gating needs to be completely removed. It's making us have keys we can NEVER use.

@Gaile Gray.6029: This. If you leave it time-gated instead of resetting daily, a lot of people will have more keys than they can ever use. Please forward this request to the devs, I am sure everyone on here agrees.

I don't think the impatience is helping. They've acknowledged the problem, said they are working on it and it really hasn't been that terribly long. Plus you can still get the keys so once it is fixed you can catch up, no harm no foul . . .

It would be nice if they shared the cause of the problem though. It seems to be affecting ppl differently, or at least at different times or stages in progress. I'm curious as to what triggers it . . .

@"Slartibartfast.5416" said:Logged in just now, got excited when I saw it updating.. I thought, "Finally! They've fixed sunken chests!" Nope.. not a mention of them in the patch notes. :-/

Just an exploit fix, hence the patch notes after the patch ships, etc. Priorities. This is annoying, but nobody actually loses out, because you can still stockpile the keys, and open the chests when they fix it.

After hearing about this issue I finished my 2nd time through the 10 chests. At that point I was sitting at 0/10 chests on my 3rd time through the list. I purposely waited to open chests and did dailies to accumulate 10 keys which happened with today's reset. I then went to the various chests in order from the top of the list down. I was only able to open 4 of the 10 chests. The other chests were all sitting open and unable to be interacted with. This proves that there is no cooldown on the chests as I had not opened a chest for at least 10 days as I had skipped the daily yesterday.

With starting at 0/10 on the chests, the 4 I was able to open were: Gendarran Fields, Kessex Hills, Frostgorge Sound and Timberline Falls. I used the same character that had opened all the chests in round 2 and the same character that did the dailies an the days I received a key. On my second pass through the list I had opened Mount Maelstrom first as I had had an extra key drop during round 1 and after completing the individual opening achievements, I was able to open the Mount Maelstrom right away to start round 2. I did not receive an extra key during round two so it took over 10 days to finish that set of the rounds and then the extra time to accumulate the 10 keys for todays attempt.

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

Only if they remove the time-gating as part of the fix.