Celestial Tempest — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Celestial Tempest

Been doing WvW with septer/warhorn and its does pretty well imo. I have as much healing as possible and run travelers runes for the mobility. The 3-4-5 heal seems to really help if I pop them all right as we push thru a jungle of necro death circles. I could be wrong though, it just seems to be my favorite healer class. The celestial gear gives me some damage and toughness as well so I can help dps and don't die if someone sneezes on me.

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

People are going to tell you to stop running Tempest and that Celestial gear is not effective enough.

Let me tell you to just continue to run whatever you like, if you find success with it - great, keep it up.

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• SlippyCheeze.5483SlippyCheeze.5483 Member ✭✭✭✭

You should play what you want. If you find it effective, great, keep doing it.

• @Blocki.4931 said:
    People are going to tell you to stop running Tempest and that Celestial gear is not effective enough.

Let me tell you to just continue to run whatever you like, if you find success with it - great, keep it up.

So in short I'm running a sub optimum spec? Won't hurt my feelings to say so I just came back to the game. I have an 80 of every class. Maybe the guys I'm running with are just that good and it makes me look good. What is the best support class/build if so?

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Krustydog.3072 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

So in short I'm running a sub optimum spec? Won't hurt my feelings to say so I just came back to the game. I have an 80 of every class. Maybe the guys I'm running with are just that good and it makes me look good. What is the best support class/build if so?

People bandwagon to Firebrand for a reason. Tempest is really strong, but only offers teamwide utility via auras. Firebrands can pump out good heals, a ton of stability stacks to the entire subgroup and aegis and can actually go in with pushes. Support Tempest is pretty much outclassed by it in WvW because it really only offers the heals.

It's still perfectly fine to run, but some people get really angry if you're not running meta classes 24 hours a day

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

So a few things people aren’t explaining.

The heals on tempest got nerfed quite a while ago to be very low baseline in order to promote needing healing power to get that high ally healing it’s renowned for. Put simply celestial gear does add a lot to the heals because of the scaling but it doesn’t really bring it to a level where it properly supports players.

Sceptre and warhorn are not considered strong on tempest even when paired with stronger off/main hands. Sceptre is a burst or condition weapon but celestial doesn’t give you enough burst or condition damage to really be lethal. War horn doesn’t have the mobility of dagger for getting away from bad situations or the sheer defence of focus to help you survive being focused. Warhorn works really well as support obviously especially if you you have people who can peel or stealth you to take heat off you.

At the end of the day if you enjoy running it, sure play it and have fun but it’s not a great combination. Also celestial generally needs might stacks to be good but you should have that covered with overload fire, heat sync and the number of blast finishers you have.

• @apharma.3741 said:

The heals on tempest got nerfed quite a while ago to be very low baseline in order to promote needing healing power to get that high ally healing it’s renowned for. Put simply celestial gear does add a lot to the heals because of the scaling but it doesn’t really bring it to a level where it properly supports players.

Sceptre and warhorn are not considered strong on tempest even when paired with stronger off/main hands. Sceptre is a burst or condition weapon but celestial doesn’t give you enough burst or condition damage to really be lethal. War horn doesn’t have the mobility of dagger for getting away from bad situations or the sheer defence of focus to help you survive being focused. Warhorn works really well as support obviously especially if you you have people who can peel or stealth you to take heat off you.

At the end of the day if you enjoy running it, sure play it and have fun but it’s not a great combination. Also celestial generally needs might stacks to be good but you should have that covered with overload fire, heat sync and the number of blast finishers you have.

Staff and all healing gear with monk runes then?

• Sigfodr.9576Sigfodr.9576 Member ✭✭

@Krustydog.3072 said:

All minstreal gear with munk/water/mercy/herald/durability or even trooper and either staff or dagger/focus (or warhorn) used to be the meta, and is still a pretty strong support.

The traits can change abit depending on playstyle and on weapon choice. Generally your main lines will be:

Tempest (naturally): 323 (for both staff and dagger/x), though if you play staff and dont get stability from the guards, you might need to swap to 123 or 333.

Water: 122 (or if you stay alot in water 132)

Last trait line will depend, generally either:

Arcane: 211. This will make you able to ress others really fast. And if you play staff, your water 3 will become a ranged ress skill.
    or
    Earth: 331. Tis works best on dagger/x and will make you into a huge protection spammer. If needed you can even go 321 for abit more stab.

With "Feel the burn" and ""ice shout thing" this makes you into a huge healer/buffer. But you will do no damage ^^

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

Im doing wvw roaming and guild hall 1vs1 with full celestial (runes of durability) water/earrh/tempest. Works for me

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Krustydog.3072 said:

@apharma.3741 said:

No, play what you want, just know it’s not a strong combination. If you want stronger combinations you’d need to say what you use the build for, solo roaming (power sceptre burst would be better), small groups (there’s options like condi support, full support, air overload/shocking aura spam) or large scale zerging (healbot with staff but kinda bad with no downstate).

You can even run old celestial D/D roamed and it would probably be a stronger build so long as you have boon duration (durability or leadership) and can stack might, a strength sigil isn’t a bad idea.

• fost.9167fost.9167 Member ✭✭

I play a D/F minstrel still, i really like it. i did try it with apo runes and was ok but wouldn't really keep it

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 11, 2018

I find Celestial Tempest very good for small groups, roaming and solo capping, but it has not much use in large zergs. Celestial gives more defensive stats but you still get easily steamrolled, celestial has improved healing over zerker/condi builds but not enough to make you a viable healer and damage is not on par with zerker/condi builds.

The current no-downstate week also killed off the last tempest usefulness for tempests as it is no longer possible to leeroy into an enemy zergs with Overload Earth and spread large scale bleeding, escape on superspeed and if needed rally on the AOE/condis you spread.

This is my cele build that I enjoy playing a lot. This is not advice, as other builds have proven to have more potential if played right. This is just how I enjoy playing the Elly. Weaver is too complicated for me anyways and core ele is now so underpowered in comparison to all the elite specs.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

• I'm running Full Celestial Tempest, Support: CC, Boon, Healer - Auramancer. (Man, it's a lot to say.) Dagger/Warhorn for now.
    Water, Air, Tempest Build

I find it difficult to destroy anyone without any burst damage. I'm trying everything I can to remain a support but handle myself 1v1 like my druid could. My Druid ran Staff/2H Sword and he would stay back and heal very nicely, but then absolutely demolish anyone that came up 1 v 1, EVERY single time. Haven't managed to do the same for the Tempest. In good time.

• @TheQuickFox.3826 said:
    I find Celestial Tempest very good for small groups, roaming and solo capping, but it has not much use in large zergs. Celestial gives more defensive stats but you still get easily steamrolled, celestial has improved healing over zerker/condi builds but not enough to make you a viable healer and damage is not on par with zerker/condi builds.

The current no-downstate week also killed off the last tempest usefulness for tempests as it is no longer possible to leeroy into an enemy zergs with Overload Earth and spread large scale bleeding, escape on superspeed and if needed rally on the AOE/condis you spread.

This is my cele build that I enjoy playing a lot. This is not advice, as other builds have proven to have more potential if played right. This is just how I enjoy playing the Elly. Weaver is too complicated for me anyways and core ele is now so underpowered in comparison to all the elite specs.

Is it still possible to even kill anything with this ?
    looks like a solid immortal build but killing power ?
    need more data pls

• Fortus.6175Fortus.6175 Member ✭✭✭

In PvP celestial tempest is a good way to go, as well as mender.

As per WvW, there are sets that offer healing, power + toughness/vit so those are good, ideally you want to max on healing power for the scaling of ele's heals. Also you dont want to neglect power as to not be a wet noodle either. Half set of pow/heal/tough + pow/heal/vit should do the trick, you can twink the toughness/vit to your liking if you are finding yourself dying more to either conditions(+vit) or power(+tough).

In PvE I dont recommend eles are a healer since your damage will suffer a lot while other classes can pump as much healing if not more healing, boons, buffs on shorter CD, more reliable while having several times more damage than you.

• steki.1478steki.1478 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Fortus.6175 said:

As per WvW, there are sets that offer healing, power + toughness/vit so those are good, ideally you want to max on healing power for the scaling of ele's heals. Also you dont want to neglect power as to not be a wet noodle either. Half set of pow/heal/tough + pow/heal/vit should do the trick, you can twink the toughness/vit to your liking if you are finding yourself dying more to either conditions(+vit) or power(+tough).

In PvE I dont recommend eles are a healer since your damage will suffer a lot while other classes can pump as much healing if not more healing, boons, buffs on shorter CD, more reliable while having several times more damage than you.

They really dont. Tempest has the biggest radius on its support skills among other healers and there's hybrid builds that do high damage and provide lots of boons with some healing (healing is low simply because it doesn't use healing power, but it's still better than what other supports have). The lack of quickness/alacrity is what makes tempest not the greatest pick.

Deso's favorite FROG
    Master of afk and kiting
    The God of Pips and Gud Deeps
    Froggo himself

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019

@steki.1478 said:

@Fortus.6175 said:

They really dont. Tempest has the biggest radius on its support skills among other healers and there's hybrid builds that do high damage and provide lots of boons with some healing (healing is low simply because it doesn't use healing power, but it's still better than what other supports have). The lack of quickness/alacrity is what makes tempest not the greatest pick.

THAT the problem with tempest support the lack of a strong boon support (as well as the lack of boon strip). The best thing tempest has is healing and root these come as a high cost to build. If tempest had a real strong boon support or a boon strip celestial tempest could be a real thing. Healing alone is not enofe as well as having root (from utility and a full line) is too much to build for to be worth it alone.

Every thing tempest has for celestial build you can do on weaver better and get more cc and def effect and even support effects (oddly).

See ELE forms and you will get my views.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.