Sunken Chest Bug [MERGED]

Guest [Deleted User]

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

Only if they remove the time-gating as part of the fix.

I'm not sure what time gating you're talking about. You can only get one key a day but you can open as many chests a day as you have keys for. If you get enough keys to finish the achievement five times (the max), then stop farming keys.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I collect 10 keys before opening a set of 10, 1st and second set of 10 all in opened the 10 different locations workedfine, then after collecting the 3rd set of 10 keys the first one I tried in the same order as before did not open. I now have 12 keys but that first on my list chest is still stuck, visual already open and not prompting me to allow opening it.

@Sarpan.9074 said:

@Booey Bubblehead.4890 said:There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

They do; this doesn't actually block progress: you can still collect the keys, and when the chests are fixed you will be able to use them quickly. The most recent update was to address a specific exploit, so it is no surprise that they did not roll other bug fixes into that.

I'm not sure what time gating you're talking about. You can only get one key a day but you can open as many chests a day as you have keys for. If you get enough keys to finish the achievement five times (the max), then stop farming keys.

I can't confirm but apparently you can only open each chest once a day no matter how many keys you have. That means if they takes long enough to fix and you end up with over 10 keys then any of the ones over 10 are essentially useless.

@Sarpan.9074 said:I'm not sure what time gating you're talking about. You can only get one key a day but you can open as many chests a day as you have keys for. If you get enough keys to finish the achievement five times (the max), then stop farming keys.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're referring to.Timegating, means once a day. You can only get one key from the daily achievement, but the keys could be found in the dropped loot (rarely). Dive master can be repeated 5 times for a total of 50 achievement points, but you still have to follow the list to complete it to get more speed infusions and you need gazillions of +10 speed infusions if you want to get to the max. level of speed. So far I managed to make a +17 speed infusion for myself and working on more. Also, you have to open all the chests on the list in order to have them all reset again.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

I can't confirm but apparently you can only open each chest once a day no matter how many keys you have. That means if they takes long enough to fix and you end up with over 10 keys then any of the ones over 10 are essentially useless.

No, if you end up with more than 10 keys it will take you more than one day to consume them all, but over the course of two or three days you can use them all.

Well lets move this to the top again, as it is now the 3rd day since i put in a ticket.

I completed master diver before reset and the Master diver achievement window has reset but the chest remain open. My progress is halted until this issue is resolved.

Edit: According to the known issue tracker...

DESCRIPTION DATE SOLVEDAchievements: Players may be unable to open chests again after repeating the Master Driver achievement 2018-06-01

As of 06/08/19- Not solved for me.

Update, as of this evening I had waited a reset or two to give the chests time to "cool down" and previously had only spot checked one or two chests to see they were still broken (as in sitting opened without any particle effects or object name). Tonight I went to all five broken chests and found them still broken. I did not check any of my five working chests as my understanding is those won't work until I complete the round of ten anyway.

I'm not being impatient, merely providing more data on the status of the bug.

@Yalora Istairiea.6287 said:Well lets move this to the top again, as it is now the 3rd day since i put in a ticket.

I completed master diver before reset and the Master diver achievement window has reset but the chest remain open. My progress is halted until this issue is resolved.

Edit: According to the known issue tracker...

DESCRIPTION DATE SOLVEDAchievements: Players may be unable to open chests again after repeating the Master Driver achievement 2018-06-01

As of 06/08/19- Not solved for me.

Oh gee, that is a little alarming. I'm at 9/10 on my third run with only Maelstrom to go and as of today it is still open and uninteractable. Interestingly, it has been seven days since this bug first affected me, so the 'solution date' is actually the date that the bug was introduced, for me at least . . .

@Sarpan.9074 said:

It depends a lot on what the bugs actually are. But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days). I hope that what we thought was time-gating simply turns out to be part of the bug.

But, if players are right that you can only open one chest per day (i.e. 10 per 10-day rotation), then not only is it time-gating, but it also means we cannot ever make up for having extra keys.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Daddicus.6128 said:Gaile, they partially fixed it. But, the time-gating needs to be completely removed. It's making us have keys we can NEVER use.

@Gaile Gray.6029: This. If you leave it time-gated instead of resetting daily, a lot of people will have more keys than they can ever use. Please forward this request to the devs, I am sure everyone on here agrees.

It's worse than that. Drops of keys that occur in the open world can never be used, either.

I'm hoping that what many think is time-gating is actually just another manifestation of the bug(s).

I've opened more than one chest per day. I don't think there is a 10-day cooldown on the chests.

As for the Known Issue Tracker, there may be a fix for the bug, but it has yet to be released (waiting for the next update); I've seen several Dev posts remark on having a fix for a bug, but having to wait until the next release to implement it in-game. Dunno.

@Daddicus.6128 said:But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days).The rotation hasn't been 10 days; it's been completing the Master Diver achievement. Before the bug, people were returning sooner than 1x/10 days if they finished the achievement more quickly. (And that has always been possible if you random keys drop for you.)

But, if players are right that you can only open one chest per day (i.e. 10 per 10-day rotation), then not only is it time-gating, but it also means we cannot ever make up for having extra keys.How about we wait to see what is or isn't bugged. It's possible that there might be multiple gates involved and that ANet might continue to want them in the game. Or it might turn out that there are only the two (one guaranteed key per day, open one chest per Dive Master completion). And either way, ANet could decide to adjust that after fixing the bugs... or while fixing the bugs.

I checked the sunken chests, 3 days in a row now, they remain opened even though on the todo list, they are not marked as open.I don't know if Arenanet has put a 1 chest per-day limit upon the Diver Master - Infinite/repeatable achievement track, but the 4 chests - marked as opened in the pictures are all opened in one single day.

Just did a - repair to my launcher , its not working still.

I think the confusion is that you can only open each chest once per day, but that only affects you if you have more than ten keys . . .

I do not know for a fact that this one completion per day limitation exists, but I can confirm from personal experience that no one chest per day limit exists . . .

I have 15 or 16 keys now. For the longest time I was stuck at 10% complete on my 3rd round (opened 1 chest and then the rest showed open). Then, I was shocked to see a chest that was closed and i could loot (was Snowden Drifts)! Thinking perhaps a fix had gone in I checked 3 or 4 of the other chests I ahdn't done but sadly - all open. A bug within a bug? Since some people have no issues and others do it's apparently an account based thing but it couild be anything from - account with more than 5K items salvaged to ones that meet a certain age requirement. Who knows. Hopefully they find a fix for this or a lot of people are going to be unhappy that the 'new stuff' is poo....

@Last Crysis.1934 said:

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey all,

We’re aware of an issue with Treasure Hunting, and the team is on the case! They’ll be rolling out a fix just as soon as it’s finalized and tested!

Edit to add: I've reached out to the devs to ask if the bug is with
or exclusively with

Great news, but why did it take so long for you to respond on the official GW2 forum when we got a response on Reddit sooner?

See, here is part of the issue. Acknowledging that there is a problem. Remaining silent gets everyone's back up. Response after the first confirmed identification of the problem would go a long way in having confidence that you care. Please

@Daddicus.6128 said:

@"Booey Bubblehead.4890" said:There have been 3 updates and sunken chest in Timberline Falls is still glitched. I thought they took action more quickly on things that block progress. Guess not.

It depends a lot on what the bugs actually are. But, the time-gating is that one can only open a chest once per rotation (10 days). I hope that what we thought was time-gating simply turns out to be part of the bug.

But, if players are right that you can only open one chest per day (i.e. 10 per 10-day rotation), then not only is it time-gating, but it also means we cannot ever make up for having extra keys.

Players are not right that "you can only open one chest per day". Anyone who got a random key drop in addition to the daily key will be able to attest to that, if you don't believe me when I tell you that I have opened more than one chest in a single day.

Opening 10 different chests should = an achievement (1 to 5-10 times)Opening any dive chest with a key should = (+10 speed loot but not also an achievement unless unique in current set of 10)

I have 9 separate gw2 chars all with ascended breathers if the fast breather mod (ok +15 min) will help in living world part 3 I need to open a large number of chests not tied to a set of 10 chest achievement that has a limit. Frankly I could care less about the achievement after the first time. A key should open a chest when you have a key period. or say I am key # 5 and let you know the chest it opens. I have 14 useless keys now until the chest in Bloodtide Coast opens. (it is first on my list of 10 for 3rd achievement run but has not opened for 4 days). I did notice that the achievement in the list did not reset to show as in progress again until I visited the dive master again but resetting it made no difference . That chests remains closed for me.