Game alt-tabbing or flashing desktop [merged] - Page 11 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Game alt-tabbing or flashing desktop [merged]

1678911

Comments

  • I have this issue now

  • Aeroica.2165Aeroica.2165 Member ✭✭

    I didnt fix the problem but I did reduce its time expenditure. I went into the notification section and clicked on "all settings" then "gaming."

    Once there, I went to "Game DVR" left it on but unchecked "Open Gamebar using this button on a controller "

    "Game DVR" > turned all options to off.

    Broadcasting > All options off

    True Play > Off

    This didn't solve the issue but reduced the flash to desktop down to about 0.5-1 second

    It seems very related to notifications and the gamebar

  • Burden.9724Burden.9724 Member ✭✭

    If this above post doesn't help you, check to make sure you are running the game as the same resolution as your own native Windows Desktop monitor. Sometimes changing between resolutions(Like changing for 1600x900 to 1920x800) can cause your screen to blink, or at least it does with mine.

  • I found the fx, and this is definitely faster:

  • @Saints Thurth.5471 said:
    I found the fx, and this is definitely faster:

    I post this because this also works with GuildWars2

  • @AnClar.1304 said:
    Just got an update to my ticket...support has found a fix to the flash to desktop issue...yay!!! It's not rolled out yet, I imagine they are testing and they said they will roll the fix in a patch update. No firm timeline yet. Great work from support. Now just waiting on the patch. :)

    Oh my.. This is wonderful news! Thankyou.

  • Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

    @Saints Thurth.5471 said:

    @Saints Thurth.5471 said:
    I found the fx, and this is definitely faster:

    I post this because this also works with GuildWars2

    Focus Assist has been discussed extensively upthread. It might fix it for some, but generally, turning it off appears to only shorten the amount of time you're on the desktop before returning to the game. It's better but not a global fix.

  • AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

    @GM Magister.8736 said:
    Looks like you guys already heard, but I come with good news! There's some excellent progress being made on this issue. I can't really give a timeline yet, since we're still trying to hammer down the best way to go about resolving it, but we're getting pretty confident that there's a light on the horizon, so keep your eyes on the patch notes going forward. :)

    As with a lot of things, you can now keep track of the status of this issue on the Known Issue Tracker. We worked with some wizards around the office to get this thing updating automatically as we work through things, and I was able to stick this issue on there for you all to keep track of it easier.

    (Unfortunately, during our adjustments to the KIT, a skritt somehow managed to break into the page and make a mess of some of the older bugs. This should be resolved soon, but don't panic if you see the "Three Golem Monty" achievement or other previously solved bugs back on the in-progress issues. It's still fixed, you didn't step into the wrong Fractal or anything like that, and we're trying to get it sorted. Sorry for the confusion!)

    Sorry...didn't mean to steal your thunder...was just excited to hear the good news...thank you and all on the support team for figuring this out. Really appreciated!

  • @GM Magister.8736 said:
    (Unfortunately, during our adjustments to the KIT, a skritt somehow managed to break into the page and make a mess of some of the older bugs. This should be resolved soon, but don't panic if you see the "Three Golem Monty" achievement or other previously solved bugs back on the in-progress issues. It's still fixed, you didn't step into the wrong Fractal or anything like that, and we're trying to get it sorted. Sorry for the confusion!)

    Maybe you could add a note to the page reminding folks of that. Near as I can tell, a lot more people visit the curated tracker page than will notice your comment above.


    PS thanks for taking the time to let us know you're making progress.

    PPS and wow, well done on starting to automate the system. I know it can be incredibly challenging to have a customer-facing progress report that doesn't over (or under) state progress for issue tracking. Good work by whoever did the leg work on that. I'm looking forward to making good use of the tool going forward.

    "With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

  • Lantis.2907Lantis.2907 Member
    edited June 9, 2018

    Same here and at the PC of my Wife:

    Load -> Desktop
    Change map -> Desktop
    Enter PvP match -> Desktop
    Leave PvP Match -> Desktop
    Charter screen to game -> Desktop

    How you fix the problem?

  • Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

    nice the csgo fix really did help :v , thanks microsoft for adding unnecesary features and turning them on by default >:L

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Lantis.2907 said:
    Same here and at the PC of my Wife:

    Load -> Desktop
    Change map -> Desktop
    Enter PvP match -> Desktop
    Leave PvP Match -> Desktop
    Charter screen to game -> Desktop

    How you fix the problem?

    Read the post above by @GM Magister.8736 : they have a handle on the problem and are trying to work out the best fix. It will be fixed when it's fixed (and they don't yet know when that will be), but in the meantime, you'll have to put up with it.

  • Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

    Window Key/Menu>Settings(Gear Icon)>System>Focus Assist>uncheck all the boxes to off

  • Alga.6498Alga.6498 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 10, 2018

    I have this too! Ever since of the new Windows update, it's so annoying! :angry:
    Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It's just only GW2 too… no other games does this to me.

    Edit: Just read @GM Magister.8736 comment, glad you're working on this, guys! :)

    | Separatist | Nightmare Court | Inquest | White Mantle | Sunspears | Loyalists | Ascalon | Kryta | Ebonhawke | Elona | Istan | Kourna | Vabbi | Cantha | Luxon | Kurzick | 71 characters | "Rally to me, Ascalonians!" "Keep Ascalon in your heart." "May the Gods protect you." "Be blessed by the Six."

  • AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

    @Rezzet.3614 said:
    Window Key/Menu>Settings(Gear Icon)>System>Focus Assist>uncheck all the boxes to off

    All that does for me and many others is to make the flash shorter. It does not eliminate it. Anet is testing a fix for this issue.

  • Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Alga.6498 said:
    I have this too! Ever since of the new Windows update, it's so annoying! :angry:
    Does anyone know how to get rid of it? It's just only GW2 too… no other games does this to me.

    Guild Wars 1 does it as well. (Not a surprise, really, since both games are from the same company.)

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Not just GW and GW2, though. There's a video in this thread (or another thread, if not merged) regarding this issue with another game.

  • Rezzet.3614Rezzet.3614 Member ✭✭✭

    @AnClar.1304 said:

    @Rezzet.3614 said:
    Window Key/Menu>Settings(Gear Icon)>System>Focus Assist>uncheck all the boxes to off

    All that does for me and many others is to make the flash shorter. It does not eliminate it. Anet is testing a fix for this issue.

    but until then a shorter flash is better than a massive one, in my case it was a huge fix because everytime i took a waypoint in wvw i got flash tabbed wich got me killed during emergency waypoint situations now the flash tab only happens during major loadings such as changing whole maps or going from pve to pvp

  • Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭

    having this problem as well.

  • @Knighthonor.4061 said:
    having this problem as well.

    Bro. Anet is already aware of this issue and already working on a fix. Be patient my dude and then we don't have to do this workaround temporary solutions anymore :>

  • AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2018

    @AnClar.1304 said:
    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

    kitten soon xmas for you mate you americans and the odd dates =) 13-6-2018 over on this side of the ocean hehe

  • GreyWolf.8670GreyWolf.8670 Member ✭✭✭

    @AnClar.1304 said:
    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

    Don't expect a WU patch to fix this. Wait for the game patch that a GM mentioned in this thread. :/

  • AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @AnClar.1304 said:
    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

    kitten soon xmas for you mate you americans and the odd dates =) 13-6-2018 over on this side of the ocean hehe

    And y'all drive on the wrong side of the road too. :p

  • AnClar.1304AnClar.1304 Member ✭✭

    @GreyWolf.8670 said:

    @AnClar.1304 said:
    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

    Don't expect a WU patch to fix this. Wait for the game patch that a GM mentioned in this thread. :/

    I don't...and I've been working with support for a couple of months on the issue now, which you'd know if you read my earlier posts.. Just updating an environment change.

  • Llyweln.3078Llyweln.3078 Member ✭✭

    Well, glad to see I'm not rowing this boat alone. Same issue as all above stated. (frownyface)

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @AnClar.1304 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @AnClar.1304 said:
    UPDATE: 06-12-18: Applied W10 June patch updates. No improvement. Still have flash to desktop issue.

    kitten soon xmas for you mate you americans and the odd dates =) 13-6-2018 over on this side of the ocean hehe

    And y'all drive on the wrong side of the road too. :p

    What americans drive on the left like the english people?

  • After the latest windows update (Was forced to, unfortunately) ' Windows 10, version 1803', GW2 is now minimizing on me during every. single. loading screen. Hope this helps GW2 team.

  • Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

  • @crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

    I second this.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Maybe a 'fix' will release with the next patch?
    Or, since the KIT is now automated, it's a 'bug'.

  • AncientYs.8613AncientYs.8613 Member ✭✭
    edited June 24, 2018

    @crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

    Chillax bro, the devs are aware of this issue and already stated that a fix is on the way :>

  • @AncientYs.8613 said:

    @crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

    Chillax bro, the devs are aware of this issue and already stated that a fix is on the way :>

    Then it should say something like, "fix awaiting implementation" or something similar. Solved is pretty definitive and does not stop someone from thinking there is something wrong with their system, when the fault lies elsewhere. The last A-Net post about 10 lines above stated a fix was being worked on. That is not the same as "this should no longer be happening to you", which is what "solved" suggests.

  • @crossoverAtt.9680 said:

    @AncientYs.8613 said:

    @crossoverAtt.9680 said:
    Why is this marked as "solved" in the Known Issue Tracker (dated 6/13/18)? It certainly is not and there has been no change at all since it appeared with the 1803 update.

    https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker

    Chillax bro, the devs are aware of this issue and already stated that a fix is on the way :>

    Then it should say something like, "fix awaiting implementation" or something similar. Solved is pretty definitive and does not stop someone from thinking there is something wrong with their system, when the fault lies elsewhere. The last A-Net post about 10 lines above stated a fix was being worked on. That is not the same as "this should no longer be happening to you", which is what "solved" suggests.

    Yeah man I know it's a bit confusing and misleading but hey think of it as "solved" since the gm did already mention the fix for this issue so perhaps they flagged it as solved? Because who knows when the fix will come. So until then in order to avoid more and more people to request a solution, they marked it as solved.

  • No change on this for me with the 6/26 patches. Focus Assist on is terrible. Off is the micro flash every map change. Not listed in the patch notes, but that is clearly not definitive and we don't know whether it was implemented and doesn't work or it did not make the patch. Sort of underscores the point about the way the information is communicated. Obviously they have bigger problems at the moment.

  • Same here, with Nvidia GPU

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.