Chat Restriction is effin RIDICULOUS!

Chiccotot.7296

Idk who comes up with the timer for chat restriction, can anyone in anet give us chatting back again please?This is just so messed up. The experience has spiraled down ever since POF came out and now even chat is affected.What with the overpowered new classes, and mechanics.

I am so so so so very close to leaving this game entirely. Just ticks me off so much.

Be more specific...

Right now it suspends chat when you use location links in Team Chat too much, but you can still type normal text when this particular suppression happens. Then there is a normal chat suppression that can also get fired. I could be wrong, but it does seem two different suppressions are at play.

I've had my Squad chat be affected by it. I get suppressed Squad Chat for some reason and it won't clear up. Squad chat should never be affected. Heck, I'm the commander. I always understood "Map" chat being hit with message suppression, but never the "closed" chats.

I agree the chat restrictions are quite restrictive. Last week at night I noticed a number of players cluelessly standing around in EB so I thought to tag up (as newbie commander) and bring some direction to the game. I started capping towers and pinged every tower we got to in map chat until my messages became suppressed by the chat system. Quite annoying.

@"Heibi.4251" said:I've had my Squad chat be affected by it. I get suppressed Squad Chat for some reason and it won't clear up. Squad chat should never be affected. Heck, I'm the commander. I always understood "Map" chat being hit with message suppression, but never the "closed" chats.

While leading a PVE Squad through event chains in Orr last weekend, the lead got WPs suppressed in both Squad and Map but could still send text. We ended up sharing tag back and forth flipping when we got WP blocked. It was ridiculous and completely unnecessary as we were legitimately waiting for the end of the events before sharing next WP. I hope they do something about it in all games modes bc it really hinders group events.

@"Chris Cleary.8017" wrote on RedditLooking into this more now. It seems there's something specifically going wrong only with chat links. It doesn't seem that standard text is getting suppressed in moderated channels but chat links are (by moderated, I'm referring to player "owned" and operated channels). Apologies, we'll get this fixed, but first we need to find out what's going on.

For clarification - Chat Link suppression is suppose to occur in non Moderated channels (Say/Map and eventually Team). If suppression is occurring in Party/Team/Squad chat right now that doesn't involve chat links, it would be great if you could take a screenshot and share it here.

Extra clarification - This system is designed to allow us to change the previous suppression system into something that we can control at a much more granular level on a channel by channel basis. It'll be tuned on each channel in a way that it won't impact standard chat practices for those channels and game modes. Right now we feel that the current levels are in need of tuning, but this will happen over time and with feedback. The chat links in the moderated channels are triggering suppression that's outside of what is actually defined for those channels, and that's a bug.

bah. reddit.why even have a forum if they will post in reddit, jeezus.

better have one place for all information for a single source of truth than this disparate form they're currently doing.

in any case, the chat restriction in Team chat shouldn't be an option. That's why there's a BLOCK button for the spammers if there are any.idk what goes on in their heads, why change something that was fine to begin with anyway. damn it. im so pissed. gaaaaah!!!!

• 2 years later...

It's extremely frustrating leading/notifying players about brandstone sightings in Istan if the system is going to block me from chat after a few meteors. How do you figure calling "meteor on mentor apple" every 15ish minutes to be map spam, especially when that is the only thing I am calling in map chat? Instead I have to rely on someone else kindly notifying the map and have someone else "spam". After being suppressed for the last hour I feel extremely disinclined to help the community out by calling these since we all know how its so much fun doing nothing but sitting on top of the Astralarium so we can maybe hear the npc call a meteor landing instead of idk...playing the game?